[URGENT] Can't Refresh or Boot

Hey everyone!

This is my first post here at EightForums, and hopefully I can get help with an ongoing trouble I've had for the past day. (Not sure if this is where the thread should go...)

Now, here's the main problem. I don't think Windows 8 is picking up my partition, or is it? The laptop technically crashed in this situation.

Windows 8 is installed on C: Drive.

Before the crash, I was simply installing the latest AMD Catalyst and VISION Engine Control Panels whilst surfing Facebook. I'm not sure if the problem is directly linked to this or not. After the AMD stuff installed, it let me choose whether or not I want to reboot now or later, so I left it open until I could close Facebook, that's where troubles start.

The bar at the top of Chrome went invisible, and everything started flickering so I Alt Tabbed to the prompt for rebooting and hit reboot, and went to get a coffee.

I come back to my laptop expecting a login screen, but instead I'm greeted with a blue screen showing that winload.exe is either missing or damaged or something... so I've been trying everything in a command line from my install disc.

I've tried all the BCD backups, tried fix MBR, all that. One led to a problem where it said "The Boot Configuration Data (BCD I assume) is damaged" or something, but I had a backup so I renamed it back to BCD from BCD.OLD and now I'm back at the same winload.exe screen.

Refresh Your PC didn't work either, I'm getting a drive locked error, and yes I tried clearing attributes...

In Diskpart I've tried List Partition, and it showed my 100GB D: called Data, my System Recovery Partition of 100MB and my C: with 300 or so gigabytes, and it's extended, not primary.

I've tried setting it active, won't work.

I need this laptop for a lot of data and a resume I need to turn in for a job interview tomorrow.

Need help. :/

Ceejay

Sorry about your computer, but
thanks for helping me discover the alt-tab trick ^-^

Best wishes,
will1982

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8 64 Bit
    System Manufacturer/Model
    HP envy m6 laptop
    CPU
    Intel Core i5 Ivy Bridge @ 2.5 GHz
    Memory
    8 GB DDR3
    Graphics Card(s)
    Intel HD Graphics Integrated 4000
    Sound Card
    Built in
    Monitor(s) Displays
    15.6 " Laptop screen
    Screen Resolution
    1366x768
    Hard Drives
    750 GB @ 5200 RPM
    Keyboard
    Chiclet keyboard
    Internet Speed
    22.3 Mbps (apx. 2.3 MB per second)
    Other Info
    The screen res sucks for a display this size...
Hey everyone!

This is my first post here at EightForums, and hopefully I can get help with an ongoing trouble I've had for the past day. (Not sure if this is where the thread should go...)

Now, here's the main problem. I don't think Windows 8 is picking up my partition, or is it? The laptop technically crashed in this situation.

Windows 8 is installed on C: Drive.

Before the crash, I was simply installing the latest AMD Catalyst and VISION Engine Control Panels whilst surfing Facebook. I'm not sure if the problem is directly linked to this or not. After the AMD stuff installed, it let me choose whether or not I want to reboot now or later, so I left it open until I could close Facebook, that's where troubles start.

The bar at the top of Chrome went invisible, and everything started flickering so I Alt Tabbed to the prompt for rebooting and hit reboot, and went to get a coffee.

I come back to my laptop expecting a login screen, but instead I'm greeted with a blue screen showing that winload.exe is either missing or damaged or something... so I've been trying everything in a command line from my install disc.

I've tried all the BCD backups, tried fix MBR, all that. One led to a problem where it said "The Boot Configuration Data (BCD I assume) is damaged" or something, but I had a backup so I renamed it back to BCD from BCD.OLD and now I'm back at the same winload.exe screen.

Refresh Your PC didn't work either, I'm getting a drive locked error, and yes I tried clearing attributes...

In Diskpart I've tried List Partition, and it showed my 100GB D: called Data, my System Recovery Partition of 100MB and my C: with 300 or so gigabytes, and it's extended, not primary.

I've tried setting it active, won't work.

I need this laptop for a lot of data and a resume I need to turn in for a job interview tomorrow.

Need help. :/

Ceejay

Sorry about your computer, but
thanks for helping me discover the alt-tab trick ^-^

Best wishes,
will1982

Haha all good :)

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 64 Bit
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    CPU
    Intel i7 6700K
    Motherboard
    ASRock Z170 Extreme4
    Memory
    Corsair Vengeance 3200MHz 64GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    NVIDIA RTX 2060 Super
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Xiaomi ‎XM700001 + Dell P2421
    Screen Resolution
    3440x1440
    Hard Drives
    Samsung 870 Evo 1TB, Samsung 870 Evo 500GB, WD Blue EZRZ 4TB x3
    PSU
    Silverstone Strider 650W Gold Plus
    Cooling
    Noctua NH-D15
    Keyboard
    Coolermaster Masterkeys Pro S
    Mouse
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate
    Internet Speed
    100/40
    Browser
    Firefox
Luckily, MiniTool Power Data Recovery picked up EVERYTHING, and is ripping the files off the lost partition and transferring them to my external now. Everything is there :D
Great.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Win7 Ult on DIY; Win8 Pro on MBP/Parallels; Win7 Ult on MBP/Boot Camp; Win7 Ult/Win8 Pro on HP
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    DIY Rig; MacBook Pro (MBP)/Parallels/Boot Camp; HP Pavilion dv6500t Laptop
    CPU
    Intel i7-2600K (sometimes OC'd to 4.8 GHz)
    Motherboard
    ASUS P8P67 Deluxe Rev B3
    Memory
    16 GB Corsair Vengeance
    Graphics Card(s)
    EVGA 570 SC
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Gateway
    Hard Drives
    Dual Boot:
    Win7 Ult RAID 0 on OCZ Revo x2 and
    Win7 Ult RAID 0 on Caviar Black SATA 3's
    PSU
    Cooler Master Silent Pro 1000W
    Case
    Cooler Master 932 HAF
    Cooling
    Zalman CNPS9900MAX-B CPU Fan
    Keyboard
    Logitech Cordless Desktop MX 5500
    Mouse
    Internet Speed
    20 Mbps Download/2+ Mbps Upload
    Other Info
    Pioneer Blu-ray Burner/DVD Burner
Luckily, MiniTool Power Data Recovery picked up EVERYTHING, and is ripping the files off the lost partition and transferring them to my external now. Everything is there :D
Great.

:D I know right!

It worked, so I wiped the partition and merged it with my Windows 8 partition, but I left a 50GB one in case I have this same problem again where I need to install Windows 8 in that partition to salvage another :)

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 64 Bit
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    CPU
    Intel i7 6700K
    Motherboard
    ASRock Z170 Extreme4
    Memory
    Corsair Vengeance 3200MHz 64GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    NVIDIA RTX 2060 Super
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Xiaomi ‎XM700001 + Dell P2421
    Screen Resolution
    3440x1440
    Hard Drives
    Samsung 870 Evo 1TB, Samsung 870 Evo 500GB, WD Blue EZRZ 4TB x3
    PSU
    Silverstone Strider 650W Gold Plus
    Cooling
    Noctua NH-D15
    Keyboard
    Coolermaster Masterkeys Pro S
    Mouse
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate
    Internet Speed
    100/40
    Browser
    Firefox
Good idea.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Win7 Ult on DIY; Win8 Pro on MBP/Parallels; Win7 Ult on MBP/Boot Camp; Win7 Ult/Win8 Pro on HP
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    DIY Rig; MacBook Pro (MBP)/Parallels/Boot Camp; HP Pavilion dv6500t Laptop
    CPU
    Intel i7-2600K (sometimes OC'd to 4.8 GHz)
    Motherboard
    ASUS P8P67 Deluxe Rev B3
    Memory
    16 GB Corsair Vengeance
    Graphics Card(s)
    EVGA 570 SC
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Gateway
    Hard Drives
    Dual Boot:
    Win7 Ult RAID 0 on OCZ Revo x2 and
    Win7 Ult RAID 0 on Caviar Black SATA 3's
    PSU
    Cooler Master Silent Pro 1000W
    Case
    Cooler Master 932 HAF
    Cooling
    Zalman CNPS9900MAX-B CPU Fan
    Keyboard
    Mouse
    Internet Speed
    20 Mbps Download/2+ Mbps Upload
    Other Info
    Pioneer Blu-ray Burner/DVD Burner
hey CEEJAY, u can use a cd having these 2 softwares on it (hiren(windows display) or linux (knoppix)) this is a reboot system that will make u access ur HDD and i hope this will make u save all the data u need on an external HDD, i hope this will work. thought it was a one page thread i see u had it solved i guess, good for u and better luck next time to always think of a recovery for all data

regards,
mazen

My Computer

System One

• OS
    windows 8
Back