Solved Upgrade to W10 FORCED UPON ME.

When my pictures were installed the live tile on the Weather App broke, not just the tile but the app itself. All you got was a blue screen and spinning globe. The live tile on 'Photos' wasn't responding correctly either. The finger of suspicion (unproven I must say) points possibly to the latest version of LibreOffice. There were compatibility problems some months ago with it breaking the 'kind map', which later versions corrected. Latest version is LibreOffice 5.

The weather app issue seems very common. If you do a Google search about it, you'll find many other complaints about it recently breaking. Some speculation is that an MS update, possibly one of the security ones, broke the app for many.

The weather app tile works for me, but if I click on it, then I, too, get the blue screen and circle of eternity, so can't get a forecast. This happened about two weeks ago and has been broken since. BTW, although I have LibreOffice installed, it's the PortableApps version, which doesn't write to the registry or interact with files beyond its installation path, so I think the issue isn't related to LibreOffice, but is more likely a borked MS update.

Lastly, I have KB3083711 installed, but the GWX icon hasn't turned up. I just think it's one of those monthly WU updates for fixes, etc. But, yeah, its description leaves nothing to the imagination... Still, it's optional, so it doesn't hurt not to install it. ;)

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1
    Computer type
    Laptop
Strange isn't it. My weather app is fine with my current up to date image and yet the rebuilt image (which picked up from April) has the problem. As far as updates go, this working image is just a continuation from April. Very odd.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    W10 x64 pro and W8.1 x86
    Computer type
    Laptop
    System Manufacturer/Model
    Dell Vostro 3750/Acer 9301
    CPU
    Intel i5/AMD Turion 64
    Memory
    4Gb/2Gb