UEFI firmware associated with Windows 8

After reading the Win8 Link about how to UEFI Win8 Install i now know how to perform it myself. But i cannot initiate the UEFI process because:

I still dont understand though what this slipstream version(4 x 32 & 4 x64) has to do with the <F12> Boot Selection Menu.

The Uploader(in the greek torrent site) said that this slipstreamed DVD has been made by nLite but the embedded Windows 8 versions of it remained UnTouched.

That leaves the question as to why since the versions embedded are UnTouched, the <F12> Boot Selection menu only displayes usb/cd/dvd/network as booting methods AND NO UEFI Boot antwhere in that list.

I'am upgrade Windows since i bough a new Lenovo for 14,99$ but still prior of doing that i need the OS Setup first in an UEFI way.

If i was to bough a new Windows 8 Pro x64 Retail DVD would the missing UEFI option appear? and why doesn't now?

It would be nice for all of us to have an explanation on that issue and me starting finally the UEFI 8 Setup.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8 Pro 64-bit
Probably because the structure of my mix'n'match DVD is not standard? Is that the reason?

--------------------------------------------------------------------

But the guy in the greek torrent said thet he embedded 8 difff falovros of Win8 in one DVD but yet UNTOUCHED......

I know the process of making an UEFI Win8 Setup but i still need a valid Win8 DVD.

I dont want to buy i new one since my Lenovo Z580 came with "Win8 STD MLT" installed and although i wiped ALL tha partitions out and created only the 3 following of them which up until now i was accustomed to and like to use:

[System Reserve 350MB][Win8 C:][Data Partition] (it had 9 partitions before i wiped them ALL out after booting with GParted)

But that only happend When i turned "Boot Mode to Legacy", so its not an UEFI Win8 Setup.

Yet, my Firmware Interface still says in the System Info screen after hitting <F2> that i have "Win8 STD MLT".

a) Why does STD & MLT mean?
b) Shouldn't that System Info be cleared or perhaps updated now that i made a new Win8 Setup ?
c) Why the store i bough Lenovo from didnt also gave me a Win8 Retail DVD or at least a Revovery Image DVD?

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8 Pro 64-bit
Back