Attachments

• image1.jpg
    image1.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 66
  • image2.jpg
    image2.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 82

My Computer

Your temps, as far as CPU is concerned look just fine now. Maybe you can make one more test. Turn off all power savings in BIOS. C1 state, cool & quiet etc. It helps stability while OCing, should help now too. Those CPUs actually overclock from 4 to 4.2 GHz when needed, with corresponding voltage increase but that can induce instability too. Than you can set vCore manually to factory 1.4v and see what happens.
Ugh, I hate those automatic things, they always do something I don't want them too. I even took automatic tranny from my Mustang and put in manual and what's even worse, spent most of my working life repairing and making automatic production machines.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    System Manufacturer/Model
    Home made
    CPU
    AMD Ryzen7 2700x
    Motherboard
    Asus Prime x470 Pro
    Memory
    16GB Kingston 3600
    Graphics Card(s)
    Asus strix 570 OC 4gb
    Hard Drives
    Samsung 960 evo 250GB
    Silicon Power V70 240GB SSD
    WD 1 TB Blue
    WD 2 TB Blue
    Bunch of backup HDDs.
    PSU
    Sharkoon, Silent Storm 660W
    Case
    Raidmax
    Cooling
    CCM Nepton 140xl
    Internet Speed
    40/2 Mbps
    Browser
    Firefox
    Antivirus
    WD
Hi,

I have disable all power saving options for the CPU and it still freezes.

I think I may have found the issue, I believe it may be related to the voltage for the memory, when the voltage was set on auto for it this was reading 1.47v and the memory is rated as 1.50v I have set it to 1.50v but it still freezes but OCCT runs longer than before. I have seen some people saying that the memory needs to run at 1.65v on an AMD motherboard. I haven't tried this yet as I don't want to brick the system. What do you think about that?

This is the memory I am currently using:

CML8GX3M2A1600C9

Thanks,

My Computer

Most DDR3 memories run 1.5v up to 1333 MHz with 1.65v needed for 1600 MHz and up. Oh, don't think you'll "brick" anything with 1.65v let alone 1.5. When OCing memory it's common to give it even more than 1.65v. My Kingston HyperX 1600 MHz is currently running smoothly at 1698 MHz with 1.73v for a year and a half without a hint of overheating. Can't push it any faster because of limitations of my Phenom II which has memory controller for 1333 MHz and CPU (at least my specimen) needs more than 1.55v so it's stuck at 4.2 GHz. with 1.52v.
So yeah, give memory 1.5 v or a touch over, won't kill it for sure. I told you before, those stupid auto settings never get it right. If you want to find exactly what its set to now or what SPD says, Use CPUID-CpuZ to find out what's set and should be, under memory tab and SPD tab. Whatever settings it shows under SPD tab set that manually in BIOS. Keep in mind it's DDR memory so whatever SPD says for frequency, multiply by two to get effective memory frequency. That "SPD" should tell BIOS how to set memory but it often gets it wrong.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Home made
    CPU
    AMD Ryzen7 2700x
    Motherboard
    Asus Prime x470 Pro
    Memory
    16GB Kingston 3600
    Graphics Card(s)
    Asus strix 570 OC 4gb
    Hard Drives
    Samsung 960 evo 250GB
    WD 1 TB Blue
    WD 2 TB Blue
    Bunch of backup HDDs.
    PSU
    Case
    Raidmax
    Cooling
    CCM Nepton 140xl
    Internet Speed
    40/2 Mbps
    Browser
    Firefox
    Antivirus
    WD
Hi,

Thanks for your response,

I tried 1.65v and got quite a lot of BSOD's I guess its just trial and error and see what voltage works best for the memory on that board. If I can't get it stable with different memory voltages then I am going to get the GPU checked out to make sure its not faulty.

My Computer

Hi,

I have tried a combination of different volts for the ram and the system is not stable on any of them. I've attached the latest volts from OCCT and Aida 64 Extreme when the system froze again. How do these look compared to the others?

View image: image1

Attachments

• image1.jpg
    image1.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 65
  • image2.jpg
    image2.jpg
    765.7 KB · Views: 68

My Computer

It all looks fine except those darned voltages that are on low side. CPU Vcore is specially low, specs ask for 1.4v for that processor, I would say 1.37v minimum, specially under full load.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Home made
    CPU
    AMD Ryzen7 2700x
    Motherboard
    Asus Prime x470 Pro
    Memory
    16GB Kingston 3600
    Graphics Card(s)
    Asus strix 570 OC 4gb
    Hard Drives
    Samsung 960 evo 250GB
    WD 1 TB Blue
    WD 2 TB Blue
    Bunch of backup HDDs.
    PSU
    Case
    Raidmax
    Cooling
    CCM Nepton 140xl
    Internet Speed
    40/2 Mbps
    Browser
    Firefox
    Antivirus
    WD
Hi,

I've bumped the Vcore voltage up slightly and it now shows as 1.38v when under load. The test ran a bit longer than before on OCCT before freezing again. Do you think that voltage is more accurate for the CPU? But because I've bumped the voltage up a bit the CPU temps have gone up too.

View image: image4

Attachments

• image3.jpeg
    image3.jpeg
    803.5 KB · Views: 66

My Computer

Temps are expected to run higher with higher voltage but not that much. I really don't know why is yours climbing that much, I know for sure that even an air cooler, like relatively small CM 212 Evo, can cope just fine with 8350 at stock speeds. CM 612 Evo keeps it in check at 1.445v and 4.7 GHz. I see you have everything else setup just fine, NB and HTT are in limits, memory too. No CPU voltage droop either. I'm at loss here, except for CPU temperature everything looks fine.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Home made
    CPU
    AMD Ryzen7 2700x
    Motherboard
    Asus Prime x470 Pro
    Memory
    16GB Kingston 3600
    Graphics Card(s)
    Asus strix 570 OC 4gb
    Hard Drives
    Samsung 960 evo 250GB
    WD 1 TB Blue
    WD 2 TB Blue
    Bunch of backup HDDs.
    PSU
    Case
    Raidmax
    Cooling
    CCM Nepton 140xl
    Internet Speed
    40/2 Mbps
    Browser
    Firefox
    Antivirus
    WD
Hi,

I've borrowed a friends 1090T and OCCT has been running for 2 and half hours now without freezing. I am just wondering if there may be a fault with the AMD 8350? Also at the moment the temps on the 1090T under full load is 43, which is a huge drop from the 65C with the 8350 using the same H50 cooler. I am looking at getting the Corsair H80i cooler for the 8350 chip what are your thoughts on this cooling system?

CORSAIR Hydro CW-9060008-WW H80i High Performance 120 mm CPU Cooler Deals | Pcworld

My Computer

My thoughts too, something is wrong there, there's no way 8350 should heat up so much on that voltage. It's also 125w processor with 4 "real" cores.
For better cooling i can recommend this one : Eisberg 120L Prestige - Cooler Master if you can find it in your neck of woods, it tested better than H80 and might be cheaper too. With H110 you should be able to OC processor when need arises or if you want to and have space in the case.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Home made
    CPU
    AMD Ryzen7 2700x
    Motherboard
    Asus Prime x470 Pro
    Memory
    16GB Kingston 3600
    Graphics Card(s)
    Asus strix 570 OC 4gb
    Hard Drives
    Samsung 960 evo 250GB
    WD 1 TB Blue
    WD 2 TB Blue
    Bunch of backup HDDs.
    PSU
    Case
    Raidmax
    Cooling
    CCM Nepton 140xl
    Internet Speed
    40/2 Mbps
    Browser
    Firefox
    Antivirus
    WD
Hi,

Thanks for your response, I am going to look at getting the 8350 replaced as I agree there is defiantly something not right there.

I will see if I can get that coolermaster cooler, if I can do you suggest using the supplied fans or would these work better?

Noctua NF-F12 PWM Focused Flow PWM Cooling Fan Quiet

Many thanks for your help.

My Computer

Fans supplied with CM should be just fine. Water cooling radiator fans are made for higher pressure then the rest, so unless you can find better ones for same purpose better to keep them.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Home made
    CPU
    AMD Ryzen7 2700x
    Motherboard
    Asus Prime x470 Pro
    Memory
    16GB Kingston 3600
    Graphics Card(s)
    Asus strix 570 OC 4gb
    Hard Drives
    Samsung 960 evo 250GB
    WD 1 TB Blue
    WD 2 TB Blue
    Bunch of backup HDDs.
    PSU
    Case
    Raidmax
    Cooling
    CCM Nepton 140xl
    Internet Speed
    40/2 Mbps
    Browser
    Firefox
    Antivirus
    WD
Hi,

I'm in the process of returning the CPU and GPU for further testing. I just wanted to check that the AX860 PSU is ok to power the AMD 8350 chip?

My Computer

Hi,

I'm in the process of returning the CPU and GPU for further testing. I just wanted to check that the AX860 PSU is ok to power the AMD 8350 chip?
Very fine PSU i think, that Platinum rating should come handy. It doesn't signify only efficiency but stability too, input and output.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Home made
    CPU
    AMD Ryzen7 2700x
    Motherboard
    Asus Prime x470 Pro