Sorry Microsoft, but consumers just don't like you....

"Look at Google, for example, which has faced plenty of accusations over privacy concerns in recent years, and is now dealing with numerous investigations over possible anti-competitive behavior. Consider Apple too, which had to deal with the iPhone 4 'Antennagate furor and the embarrassingly poor quality Maps app. Yet in these instances, and others, consumers have quickly moved beyond these companies’ controversies, and returned to faithfully buying their products in the millions.

But consumers seem to have curiously long memories when it comes to Microsoft. The company’s frequent brushes with antitrust regulators, and its monolithic and often arrogant reputation, remain etched in the broader consumer consciousness as an affirmation that Microsoft is the big, evil conglomerate attempting to control and manipulate its way to the top. It’s perhaps fair to say that few consumers would articulate their impressions of Microsoft with specific reference to its anti-competitive actions of yesteryear, but fewer still would have kind words to say about what the company has since become if ‘antitrust’ and ‘Microsoft’ were uttered in the same sentence (...) Perhaps the only major Microsoft brand that consumers have any strong, positive emotional connection with is Xbox. For years, the company kept it at arm’s length from the rest of its operations, with only limited references to its Microsoft lineage, evidently recognizing that drawing a connection between the two might do more harm than good. More recently, Microsoft has seen the value of the equity it has built in the Xbox brand, giving the console’s dashboard a Metro-style update, and rebranding and integrating its entertainment services into its phone and PC offerings."

Sorry, Microsoft, but consumers just don't like you - Neowin

Not to mention the fact that you need to use 2 different ecosystems if you want an iphone or Android.

I've already messed with those two and i'm done with them. Too boring ios and too many things to get Android working right. I've messed with plenty of JB roms to care to speak about. So, I ditched them and went full MS because I don't want to use 2 or three ecosystems.

I'm all for the final convergence for everything to work smoothly and seamlessly between phone and pc, but it's a looooong waiting game with MS that is trying my patience.

I am about to trade my Nokia and go back to Android. The phone itself is great, but WP8 is just lacking! No VPN, No RDC, Can't save video attachments (MMS or Email), no way to download files that the phone doesn't understand (.exe, .zip, .rar for use later), app store is abismal at the least. Doesn't seem like there is much dev. going on for it.

While I agree in the general one eco system theory, I think MS has missed the mark and came to the party a little late IMO of course....

Geeve

I agree. I don't need any of those things in my phone though.

I have my Surface Pro for that.:dinesh:

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro
    Computer type
    Tablet
    System Manufacturer/Model
    Microsoft Surface Pro 3, Dell Venue 8 Pro, i5 2500K overclocked PC
    CPU
    i5
    Memory
    4gb Surface Pro, 8gb PC
@ OP: Is this supposed to be some kind of hate thread designed to spawn even more hate against MS? If so then the point of this thread is ridiculous. We'll all agree that MS/Windows/etc have their flaws, but overall i still like Windows 8 for the most part and choose to use it as my primary OS over others like Linux (which I also use but to a lesser extent). And of course Windows is the obvious choice for serious gamers like myself. I really dont see how this thread is helping anyone, or promoting meaningful discussion for that matter. You do realize this is a Windows 8 forum, right? I'm not proposing that only positive things should be said about MS simply because this forum is centered on their latest OS, discussion of both the good and the bad is necessary if ppl are to stay informed.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro x64, Windows Server 2012 R2 x64
    Computer type
    Laptop
    Lenovo G700
    CPU
    Intel Core i7-3632QM, 2.20 GHz
    Motherboard
    Lenovo
    Memory
    6 GB DDR3
    Graphics Card(s)
    NVIDIA 720M, Intel HD 4000
    Monitor(s) Displays
    1 monitor
    Screen Resolution
    1600x900 (max)
    Hard Drives
    1 TB HDD (5400 RPM), 1.5 TB HDD (5400 RPM) installed in a 12.7mm disc drive caddy
    Case
    Lenovo
    Keyboard
    Lenovo
    Mouse
    Laptop/notebook keyboard/touchpad
    Internet Speed
    It varies, since I'm mobile most of the time
    Browser
    Chromium (the open-source browser which Google Chrome is derived from)
    Antivirus
    Kaspersky, Malwarebytes, Spybot, Privatefirewall
    Other Info
    I will add more information here later
@ OP: Is this supposed to be some kind of hate thread designed to spawn even more hate against MS? If so then the point of this thread is ridiculous. We'll all agree that MS/Windows/etc have their flaws, but overall i still like Windows 8 for the most part and choose to use it as my primary OS over others like Linux (which I also use but to a lesser extent). And of course Windows is the obvious choice for serious gamers like myself. I really dont see how this thread is helping anyone, or promoting meaningful discussion for that matter. You do realize this is a Windows 8 forum, right? I'm not proposing that only positive things should be said about MS simply because this forum is centered on their latest OS, discussion of both the good and the bad is necessary if ppl are to stay informed.

Of course he/she did but it was under the Windows 8 news.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Win7 & 8 64bit / Linux Mint 14
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    CPU
    i5 2400
    Motherboard
    Gigabyte
    Memory
    8GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    ATI HD3870
    Sound Card
    On-board
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Asus
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1280
    Hard Drives
    128gb SSD, 500gb SATA
    PSU
    Coolermaster
    Case
    Zalman Z7
    Cooling
    Air
    Keyboard
    Logitech Illuminated wired
    Mouse
    MS Optical wireless
    Antivirus
    Avast
With all due respect to the OP and others here at EF, this post should have been posted in the Off-Topic subforum, not news. I definitely dont appreciate someone trying to cram their opinions down my throat and passing them off as facts, and will not tolerate it or hold my tongue when I see something I dont like or disagree with. Enough of this kind of thing already goes on in the world as it is.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Computer type
    Laptop
    Lenovo G700
    CPU
    Motherboard
    Lenovo
    Memory
    6 GB DDR3
    Graphics Card(s)
    Monitor(s) Displays
    1 monitor
    Screen Resolution
    1600x900 (max)
    Hard Drives
    1 TB HDD (5400 RPM), 1.5 TB HDD (5400 RPM) installed in a 12.7mm disc drive caddy
    Case
    Lenovo
    Keyboard
    Lenovo
    Mouse
    Internet Speed
    Browser
    Antivirus
    Other Info
You do realize this is a Windows 8 forum, right? I'm not proposing that only positive things should be said about MS simply because this forum is centered on their latest OS, discussion of both the good and the bad is necessary if ppl are to stay informed.

HaHaHa. You will soon come to learn that Coke Robot is perhaps the biggest Windows 8 fanboy on this site. He loves it with all of his heart.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 7
    Self-Built in July 2009
    CPU
    Intel Q9550 2.83Ghz OC'd to 3.40Ghz
    Motherboard
    Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R rev. 1.1, F12 BIOS
    Memory
    8GB G.Skill PI DDR2-800, 4-4-4-12 timings
    Graphics Card(s)
    EVGA 1280MB Nvidia GeForce GTX570
    Sound Card
    Realtek ALC899A 8 channel onboard audio
    Monitor(s) Displays
    23" Acer x233H
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1080
    Hard Drives
    Intel X25-M 80GB Gen 2 SSD
    Western Digital 1TB Caviar Black, 32MB cache. WD1001FALS
    PSU
    Corsair 620HX modular
    Case
    Antec P182
    Cooling
    stock
    Keyboard
    ABS M1 Mechanical
    Mouse
    Logitech G9 Laser Mouse
    Internet Speed
    15/2 cable modem
    Other Info
    Windows and Linux enthusiast. Logitech G35 Headset.
With all due respect to the OP and others here at EF, this post should have been posted in the Off-Topic subforum, not news. I definitely dont appreciate someone trying to cram their opinions down my throat and passing them off as facts, and will not tolerate it or hold my tongue when I see something I dont like or disagree with. Enough of this kind of thing already goes on in the world as it is.

Well it was a news item and it was their prerogative to pass an opinion whether it was positive or negative. It is also your prerogative to either agree or disagree - that is entirely your choice and you are fully entitled to that.

It is true that Coke Robot is a 'fan' of W8 - again his/her choice and their right to express their opinions.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    CPU
    i5 2400
    Motherboard
    Gigabyte
    Memory
    8GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    ATI HD3870
    Sound Card
    On-board
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Asus
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1280
    Hard Drives
    128gb SSD, 500gb SATA
    PSU
    Coolermaster
    Case
    Zalman Z7
    Cooling
    Air
    Keyboard
    Mouse
    MS Optical wireless
    Antivirus
    Avast
HaHaHa. You will soon come to learn that Coke Robot is perhaps the biggest Windows 8 fanboy on this site. He loves it with all of his heart.

All I can tell is that he has a high post count, which only proves that he is very active on the forums. I dont propose to know whether or not he is a fanboy of 8, nor do I care. I'm no mindreader. I just see this thread as having the potential to incite even more negativity against MS/Windows (8)/etc, regardless of whether the OP intended it that way or not. It seems like it might do more harm than good. And like I said, this isnt news, it's personal opinion, which he and everyone else are entitled to. I know he was just referencing an article, but it's the intention of this thread that counts. A real journalist trys to report news that is interesting, important, and strives to do so as objectively as possible.

As for my post count, it isnt as high simply because I have a very busy schedule, I would post more if I could. I just like to use whatever works, and 8 happens to work fine for my needs/wants, despite its' flaws.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Computer type
    Laptop
    Lenovo G700
    CPU
    Motherboard
    Lenovo
    Memory
    6 GB DDR3
    Graphics Card(s)
    Monitor(s) Displays
    1 monitor
    Screen Resolution
    1600x900 (max)
    Hard Drives
    Case
    Lenovo
    Keyboard
    Lenovo
    Mouse
    Internet Speed
    Browser
    Antivirus
    Other Info
@ Enigma
I just like to use whatever works, and 8 happens to work fine for my needs/wants, despite its' flaws.

:ditto:

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    CPU
    i5 2400
    Motherboard
    Gigabyte
    Memory
    8GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    ATI HD3870
    Sound Card
    On-board
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Asus
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1280
    Hard Drives
    128gb SSD, 500gb SATA
    PSU
    Coolermaster
    Case
    Zalman Z7
    Cooling
    Air
    Keyboard
    Mouse
    MS Optical wireless
    Antivirus
    Avast
I'd hate to use LibreOffice or whatever meh software is out there like that.
Yeah - with you on that one. I've tried to use OpenOffice and although it (or LibreOffice) are better than nothing, it's just not as good as MS Office, and isn't 100% compatible with Office file formats.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1, 10
I'd hate to use LibreOffice or whatever meh software is out there like that.
Yeah - with you on that one. I've tried to use OpenOffice and although it (or LibreOffice) are better than nothing, it's just not as good as MS Office, and isn't 100% compatible with Office file formats.

That is a very correct observation. I use Libre Office at times in my Mint system. It is OK but only semi compatibel with Widows Office. But then, why should it be compatible.

It is like with many things in Linux. That is a different world. Make e.g. a screen recording and your output will be .ogv. Youtube can deal with it and Format Factory too. Who cares if Windows cannot.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Vista and Win7
    2xHP, 2xGateway, 1xDell, 1xSony
    Hard Drives
    5 SSDs and 12 HDs
Windows can't cope with ext either - it probably could - but MS don't want it to.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    7/8/ubuntu/Linux Deepin
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
I have been using Windows 8 for almost a year now. Other than a few driver issues with an older laptop I really can't complain. It is quick to boot and with dual screens the apps are really nice because I can just click on one screen and have them displayed while I work on my primary screen. I am running 8 on two laptops and have 7 on my desktop.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8 64 bit with Windows Media Center
    Computer type
    Laptop
    Dell Precision M6400
    CPU
    Intel P9600
    Motherboard
    Intel Q45
    Memory
    4 GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    Nvidia FX 2700M
    Browser
    Firefox
    Antivirus
    Norton 360
Not to mention the fact that you need to use 2 different ecosystems if you want an iphone or Android.

I've already messed with those two and i'm done with them. Too boring ios and too many things to get Android working right. I've messed with plenty of JB roms to care to speak about. So, I ditched them and went full MS because I don't want to use 2 or three ecosystems.

I'm all for the final convergence for everything to work smoothly and seamlessly between phone and pc, but it's a looooong waiting game with MS that is trying my patience.

I am about to trade my Nokia and go back to Android. The phone itself is great, but WP8 is just lacking! No VPN, No RDC, Can't save video attachments (MMS or Email), no way to download files that the phone doesn't understand (.exe, .zip, .rar for use later), app store is abismal at the least. Doesn't seem like there is much dev. going on for it.

While I agree in the general one eco system theory, I think MS has missed the mark and came to the party a little late IMO of course....

Geeve
Development for Windows Phone is actually picking up real swiftly. The thing is though, only the top apps that are used on android and ios (50 of them) are making it over to Windows Phone. The app store is kind of lacking, but it's a work in progress. But I'd have to say for a platform that came out two years ago, got rebuilt six months ago kernel level, and with historical comparison between android and ios; Windows Phone was number two in the amount of development after ios.

That's also the thing about Windows Phone, it's not android, it's not ios. It's in between features and customization. The idea Microsoft is running on is having a PC and a Windows Phone, preferably a tablet PC. android is best suited to living on your smartphone, ios is best suited to be the fashion device as well as doing a LOT of internet consuming. Windows Phone from day one has ALWAYS been, put people first. Windows Phone 8 changed that to put people and the things YOU care about first. It's odd how we care more about apps than we do people that the apps are used to even communicate with them. So on and so forth.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    ASUS
    CPU
    AMD FX 8320
    Motherboard
    Crosshair V Formula-Z
    Memory
    16 gig DDR3
    Graphics Card(s)
    ASUS R9 270
    Screen Resolution
    1440x900
    Hard Drives
    1 TB Seagate Barracuda (starting to hate Seagate)
    x2 3 TB Toshibas
    Windows 8.1 is installed on a SanDisk Ultra Plus 256 GB
    PSU
    OCZ 500 watt
    Case
    A current work in progres as I'll be building the physical case myself. It shall be fantastic.
    Cooling
    Arctic Cooler with 3 heatpipes
    Keyboard
    Logitech K750 wireless solar powered keyboard
    Mouse
    Microsoft Touch Mouse
    Browser
    Internet Explorer 11
    Antivirus
    Windows Defender, but I might go back on KIS 2014
You do realize this is a Windows 8 forum, right? I'm not proposing that only positive things should be said about MS simply because this forum is centered on their latest OS, discussion of both the good and the bad is necessary if ppl are to stay informed.

I honestly think at some points, I wasn't and seeing other certain Windows 8 fans post things, I wouldn't say I'm the TOP. I just find it to be rather awesome.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    ASUS
    CPU
    AMD FX 8320
    Motherboard
    Crosshair V Formula-Z
    Memory
    16 gig DDR3
    Graphics Card(s)
    ASUS R9 270
    Screen Resolution
    1440x900
    Hard Drives
    x2 3 TB Toshibas
    PSU
    OCZ 500 watt
    Case
    A current work in progres as I'll be building the physical case myself. It shall be fantastic.
    Cooling
    Keyboard
    Mouse
    Microsoft Touch Mouse
    Browser
    Internet Explorer 11
    Antivirus
Hi there.

GARTNER again --when will people stop believing the rubbish that organisation spouts out every 30 mins.

For starters Who says people don't love using OFFICE -- nobody ever asked ME --I LOVE using EXCEL whether at work or at home and throughout my whole career it's probably the application I 've used longer and over more time than anything else.

I don't HATE windows either -- it works, is convenient and usually does the job its intended to do.

I can't say that ANY other OS I've used works straight out of the box -- even most Linuxes --true they work 90 - 95% of the time but with Linux there's ALWAYS something that doesn't work first time and needs to be fixed --for example it might be something as trivial as a Printer -- it's more often Wireless network cards which makes fixing the problem harder if you can't connect to a wired LAN to get to the internet. And don't forget until recently you had to go through hoops and rings tgo get any sort of commercial DVD playing to work --remember when you had to pick up the LIBCSS de-encryption libraries from a site in Brazil or elsewhere to get the wretched players to work and Linux is still a bit "Iffy" with TV and satellite tuners.

It's rare that a Windows installation requires a lot "Post installation work" to get a functional system.

Smart phones --I would have had a W8 phone if it had been available and at the price point that I got the Samsung Galaxy IIIs for -- I can't really say that I'm bothered about WHAT OS is on the phone provided the browser works, there's a few SENSIBLE applications for it and I can read the screen decently.

As to worrying about the future income stream of Ms --you can say that over EVERY business on this planet -- even organisations like the US Federal Govt have been known to run out of money at times --Ms isn't in ANY imminent danger of doing that.

True there will need to be some changes to W8 that's just plain obvious and the leaked versions of "Blue" or Windows 8.1 are pointing in that direction.

Apple of course is more known as a consumer company -- Ms merely provided the platform for consumer products to run on -- OK It's getting more interested and will take a while before these can come on stream --BTW XBOX is doing quite nicely).

Of course if you look at the Markets where the REAL business sentiment is to be found -- GARTNER PLEASE TAKE NOTE Ms has been doing very nicely while Apple has been absolutely CANED. Of course with the sheer volume of cash Apple has it can probably ride out the storm - but it needs to get some new products out there --a new Iphone model 6 (say) by itself won't cut it anymore - nor will just bribing the stockholders with extra dividend cash to persuade them to keep holding the stock.

The whole market needs new products at the moment -- Smart TV's are out there but we need some new "Gadgets" and there just aren't any currently. - 3D TV is a hopeless disaster as are 3D movies -- whoever came up with that ludicrous idea that we'd all be sitting at home INSIDE watching TV wearing "Dark Glasses" -- Certainly wasn't anybody who had even the remotest idea of how young kids and Dogs behave. Can't blame Ms on this one for the lack of "Gadgets".

When I studied in London many years ago I'd often love wandering around Tottenham Court Road where all the electronic shops were and looking at new gadgets - even if I didn't have enough money to buy them. --Now it's just a boring old shopping street looking very similar to those you can can see in 1000's of towns / shopping malls around the world.

Don't write Ms off yet. Those Enterprise W7 licenses are LONG TERM value.

Cheers
jimbo
I agree with this.

Also I should say about apple being a consumer market provider, that's not a solid foundation. The consumer market shifts so suddenly that some companies that were once on top of that are now not. Even apple themselves, back in the '90s, they lost the consumer space and were almost demolished because they didn't adapt to other competition. The same thing is kind of happening now, the iphone is really just now at catch up mode with android and Windows Phone in terms of hardware features and options, as well as customization. Every release I see of the iphone is just catch up to features that have been on other platforms for years.

The thing about Microsoft is, they are VERY well entrenched in the enterprise. That's a solid foundation for them financially. The enterprise doesn't shift so suddenly (sometimes it should) and Microsoft has provided that support. But we're at a point in the enterprise where BYOD is slowly taking off, more cloud storage and use is expanding and so on and so forth. Microsoft has, in recent years, adapted to that and continue to do so.

Interesting divides I say.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    ASUS
    CPU
    AMD FX 8320
    Motherboard
    Crosshair V Formula-Z
    Memory
    16 gig DDR3
    Graphics Card(s)
    ASUS R9 270
    Screen Resolution
    1440x900
    Hard Drives
    x2 3 TB Toshibas
    PSU
    OCZ 500 watt
    Case
    Cooling
    Keyboard
    Mouse
    Microsoft Touch Mouse
    Browser
    Internet Explorer 11
    Antivirus
Inquiring minds want to know.....is Coke Robot actually Steve Sinofsky?:roflmao:

I don't dislike MS and they have actually done some very benevolent acts considering they are in the profit making business. Think about Windows XP and the continued support MS has provided for over 12 years now. If you bought XP in 2001 you still have a very good OS that has been fully supported with security and other updates for FREE after the initial purchase. That is a pretty darn good deal if you ask me. It is unheard of to see that kind of action by most any other business enterprise that I can think of.

Then you have things like Windows 8. Which is a gross disaster, and the arrogance when it comes to Win 8 and forcing Metro on all users without the option to default boot to desktop is arrogant, obnoxious, and detrimental to the well being of the company.

Now I will say I do dislike Steve Sinofsky and Steve Ballmer. Intensely.

I'd bet money on it that Paul Allen and Bill Gates both had reservations about forcing Metro on folks buying Windows 8, why they didn't step up and speak out is beyond me. I really hoped that with this recent debacle that they both would have quietly asked Ballmer to get lost..err go away. :doh:

My Computer

System One

• OS
    win 7 home premium 64 bit
If I were Steve Sinofsky, I would had immediately demanded that the threads about the 8.1 leaks be abolished and condoned. :p

Bill Gates left Microsoft, or at least stepped down as CEO, after showing off the Windows xp tablet PC. That was how he ended his time at Microsoft. To see his company rebuild Windows for this tablet computing wave is one I bet he approves of. Flawed, yes, needed, yes. Paul Allen.... unfortunate that he never stayed at Microsoft to become an actual successor after Gates. Ballmer is a graduate of traditional business school in which does not apply to leading a software company. Being a nerd and technologically enabled as well as having a clear vision is what is needed to lead a software company correctly.

I could care less about Ballmer, he had so little part in the recent metro wave of Microsoft, he's more just standing back, pretending to manage, and letting the division heads run the show.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    ASUS
    CPU
    AMD FX 8320
    Motherboard
    Crosshair V Formula-Z
    Memory
    16 gig DDR3
    Graphics Card(s)
    ASUS R9 270
    Screen Resolution
    1440x900
    Hard Drives
    x2 3 TB Toshibas
    PSU
    OCZ 500 watt
    Case
    Cooling
    Keyboard
    Mouse
    Microsoft Touch Mouse
    Browser
    Internet Explorer 11
    Antivirus
I Paul Allen.... unfortunate that he never stayed at Microsoft to become an actual successor after Gates.

Perhaps now is the time to get him at the helm.

MS in my view needs a visionary more than ever. Allen is just the kind of quirky, intelligent, savvy, and yes visionary guy that could help redirect the company. He has a personality that is a better, nicer version of Steve Jobs.

Redmond needs to get back to their innovative seat of the pants roots that they were when they started.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    win 7 home premium 64 bit
@ Coke Robot: The problem with being a fanboy of anything is that you love it to the extreme, which can make ppl shortsighted, they often fail to see the shortcomings of whatever it is. I do believe ppl should be passionate about their beliefs/opinions/etc, but I also believe in being able to stand back and try to look at things from as many sides as possible. And sometimes, just maybe, you come to realize that a belief you previously held was either incorrect, or you revise your standpoint, etc. I have an informal background in philosophy and religious studies, I learned early on the values of being as objective as possible and considering multiple points of view.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Computer type
    Laptop
    Lenovo G700
    CPU
    Motherboard
    Lenovo
    Memory
    6 GB DDR3
    Graphics Card(s)
    Monitor(s) Displays
    1 monitor
    Screen Resolution
    1600x900 (max)
    Hard Drives
    Case
    Lenovo
    Keyboard
    Lenovo
    Mouse
    Internet Speed
    Browser
    Antivirus
    Other Info

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 (64 bit), Linux Mint 18.3 MATE (64 bit)
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    n/a
    CPU
    AMD Phenom II x6 1055T, 2.8 GHz
    Motherboard
    ASRock 880GMH-LE/USB3
    Memory
    8GB DDR3 1333 G-Skill Ares F3-1333C9D-8GAO (4GB x 2)
    Graphics Card(s)
    ATI Radeon HD6450
    Sound Card
    Realtek?
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Samsung S23B350
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1080
    Hard Drives
    Western Digital 1.5 TB (SATA), Western Digital 2 TB (SATA), Western Digital 3 TB (SATA)
    Case
    Tower
    Mouse
    Wired Optical
    Other Info
    Linux Mint 16 MATE (64 bit) replaced with Linux Mint 17 MATE (64 bit) - 2014-05-17
    Linux Mint 14 MATE (64 bit) replaced with Linux Mint 16 MATE (64 bit) - 2013-11-13
    Ubuntu 10.04 (64 bit) replaced with Linux Mint 14 MATE (64 bit) - 2013-01-14
    RAM & Graphics Card Upgraded - 2013-01-13
    Monitor Upgraded - 2012-04-20
    System Upgraded - 2011-05-21, 2010-07-14
    HDD Upgraded - 2010-08-11, 2011-08-24,
Back