Smaller seems to be better

Apple’s iPad mini has leapfrogged its bigger brother in terms of sales. If the latest figures and projections from NPD DisplaySearch are anything to go by it seems like the market has shifted and smaller tablets will take over in 2013.

“We now understand that Apple may be planning to sell 55M iPad minis (7.9”) and 33M iPads (9.7”) in 2013,”

The focus upon smaller screened tablets isn’t just from Apple’s customers. NPD figures looks at industry-wide shipments which indicate that “in the first month of 2013, tablet PC panel shipments shifted dramatically toward smaller screen sizes”.

Also NPD suggests that the mini tablets are about to get a shot in the arm with higher resolution displays.

Full size Apple iPad sales collapse as iPad mini takes over - Tablets - News - HEXUS.net

Where is that going to leave the Surface? I'm not surprised that OEMs have shied away from producing Windows RT tablets and will this have an effect on Windows Pro tablets?

Right now the SSDs sell for appr. $1/GB. It will be a stretch to see 1TB SSDs for under $400 this year.

Actually big guy they are less than a $1.00 per GB. The SanDisk Extreme I bought back around the first of December cost me $164.95 at 240 GB thus that is give or take approximately .68 cent a GB. Not to bad. The Samsung that I mentioned in an earlier post was 500 GB going for $299.95 or .59 cent a GB. Hence, it would appear on average they are know below that $1.00 a GB.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Win 8, (VM win7, XP, Vista)
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    System Manufacturer/Model
    HP Pavilion p1423w
    CPU
    Intel Core i5 3330 Ivy Bridge
    Motherboard
    Foxconn - 2ADA Ivy Brige
    Memory
    16 GB 1066MHz DDR3
    Graphics Card(s)
    ATI Radeon HD 5450
    Sound Card
    HD Realteck (Onboard)
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Mitsubishi LED TV/Montior HD, Dell 23 HD, Hanspree 25" HD
    Screen Resolution
    Mit. 1980-1080, Dell 2048-115, Hanspree 1920-10802
    Hard Drives
    1 SanDisk 240Gig SSD, 2 Samsung 512Gig SSDs
    Case
    Tower
    Cooling
    Original (Fans)
    Keyboard
    Microsoft Keyboard 2000
    Mouse
    Microsoft Optical Mouse 5000
    Internet Speed
    1.3 (350 to 1024 if lucky)
    Browser
    Firefox 19.1
    Antivirus
    MSE-Defender
Right now the SSDs sell for appr. $1/GB. It will be a stretch to see 1TB SSDs for under $400 this year.

Actually big guy they are less than a $1.00 per GB. The SanDisk Extreme I bought back around the first of December cost me $164.95 at 240 GB thus that is give or take approximately .68 cent a GB. Not to bad. The Samsung that I mentioned in an earlier post was 500 GB going for $299.95 or .59 cent a GB. Hence, it would appear on average they are know below that $1.00 a GB.
Yeah right, the Sundisks are always on sale for a low price. Today on Newegg they have a 128GB for $99.99. I wonder what's wrong with them - maybe nothing. I also have a Mushkin which comes usually at a lower price. And that is pretty good and very fast. But it is still too early to tell because I have only used it for 3 months whilst my oldest OCZ and Intel have been in use since 4 years.

But regarding the $1/GB I was talking about the makes I have in use like OCZ, Samsung, Intel or Crucial. All those work well.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Vista and Win7
    System Manufacturer/Model
    2xHP, 2xGateway, 1xDell, 1xSony
    Hard Drives
    5 SSDs and 12 HDs
Back