Rolling out windows 8 in a cooperate enviorment

I am a memeber of technet and have published several threads on their forums, but not having a lot of information come back, which I find strange. I cant imagine there hasn't been any testing in a cooperate envirorment. I just trying to find out as much information as possible.

There must be someone else in the world, who has looked into this?

:)

Believe it. Took us about 5 minutes of using the OS to uninstall and toss the disks on the shelf after testing it.

Copy and paste this and send it off to your execs.

"After evaluating Windows 8, I have determined that the best course of action is to wait until Microsoft releases Windows 9. We can continue to use Windows 7 which provides us with everything we need to operate our business."

Best part is that sticking with Windows 7 carries no additional cost.

You might get a promotion for this.

Let us know.

I love this, Ill put it as the opening paragragh to my report,:D Thank you for all your help I'll keep you informed how I progress.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    win 7
There are several reasons to use Windows 8 on the Desktop side regardless of the new apps. Dealing with fewer nuisance updates, faster startups from shutdown through Hybrid Boot, Automatic Maintenance tasks, improved Action Center, built in anti-virus through Windows Defender, Ribbon UI in Explorer, improved device driver support, very well improved security features such as system wide SmartScreen among other things, Hyper-V if that's applicable, a better Task Manager that even simpletons can use, and just overall stable zippy performance.

Given the option between Windows 7 and 8 to deploy, 8 would be less of a hassle to deal with after a few months. There will be user issues with the Start Screen, but if the Start Screen is configured purely for the Desktop, all that needs to be shown is that the Start button is there but hidden and works the same, and the Settings Charms to shut down. Heck, one could even make the power tiles right there in a separate group.

Could be, Coke. Time will tell.

-Max :)

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
    System Manufacturer/Model
    Dell Inspiron 17R / Dell XPS 8300
    CPU
    Intel i5 (17R) / Intel i7 (XPS)
    Memory
    8GB / 8GB