Solved Recovery Partition Created By Windows 8 Install

at one stage I just did a clean install onto the new SSD and guess what, no system reserved partition, and yet it booted just fine

Where is the system partition and the hidden recovery folder?

Paragon does it fine: PARAGON Software Group - partition manager, drive backup, hard disk partitioning

There is a free/giveaway/cover version of Paragon Drive Copy Compact 12 floating around.
I think the all in one sounds like a good idea. Does it really do all the things the "component" programs do?

I like to do things the easy way when possible. For years, I used Acronis True Image and its separate partitioning program (can't recall the name of the second right now). The True Image interface got so confusing over the years I now have quit using it (having uninstalled True Image 2013). Do you have any comments about the intuitiveness of the Paragon interface(s) in general or in comparison with True Image. I pretty much don't like to do things if I have to read about how to do or if I encounter non-standard terminology.

Does Paragon deal simply and efficiently with UEFI installations, GPT vs MBR, etc.?

To answer your question, it is very simple as long as you have a small grasp on computing. I'm going to buy this thing today.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8 Pro/Windows 8 Pro/Windows 7 64 Bit64Bit/Windows XP
Cool, I see you've used it.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Win7 Ult on DIY; Win8 Pro on MBP/Parallels; Win7 Ult on MBP/Boot Camp; Win7 Ult/Win8 Pro on HP
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    System Manufacturer/Model
    DIY Rig; MacBook Pro (MBP)/Parallels/Boot Camp; HP Pavilion dv6500t Laptop
    CPU
    Intel i7-2600K (sometimes OC'd to 4.8 GHz)
    Motherboard
    ASUS P8P67 Deluxe Rev B3
    Memory
    16 GB Corsair Vengeance
    Graphics Card(s)
    EVGA 570 SC
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Gateway
    Hard Drives
    Dual Boot:
    Win7 Ult RAID 0 on OCZ Revo x2 and
    Win7 Ult RAID 0 on Caviar Black SATA 3's
    PSU
    Cooler Master Silent Pro 1000W
    Case
    Cooler Master 932 HAF
    Cooling
    Zalman CNPS9900MAX-B CPU Fan
    Keyboard
    Logitech Cordless Desktop MX 5500
    Mouse
    Logitech Cordless Desktop MX 5500
    Internet Speed
    20 Mbps Download/2+ Mbps Upload
    Other Info
    Pioneer Blu-ray Burner/DVD Burner
For Paragon 12 paid for versions, fully supports Windows 8, uEFI, GPT & Secure Boot, & is signed by Microsoft.

I spent a few hours tonight with Paragon Backup and Recover Home 12. From its description on Paragon's website it sounds like highly competent software, and I'm sure it is. But the translation into English is so vague that I really had to struggle in places to figure out what the program wanted me to do. I can't work that way. Backup is too important. Plus, the program took quite a long time to complete a full backup - longer than other products I've tried. And its recovery disc started my computer and then stopped dead in the water. That was the last straw.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8
For Paragon 12 paid for versions, fully supports Windows 8, uEFI, GPT & Secure Boot, & is signed by Microsoft.

I spent a few hours tonight with Paragon Backup and Recover Home 12. From its description on Paragon's website it sounds like highly competent software, and I'm sure it is. But the translation into English is so vague that I really had to struggle in places to figure out what the program wanted me to do. I can't work that way. Backup is too important. Plus, the program took quite a long time to complete a full backup - longer than other products I've tried. And its recovery disc started my computer and then stopped dead in the water. That was the last straw.

What Paragon paid for version?

My Computer

System One

• OS
    ME, XP,Vista,Win7,Win8,Win8.1
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Other Info
    Notebooks x 3

Desktops x 5

Towers x 4
I had the 30-day trial version of Paragon Backup and Recovery 12 Home. I would be surprised to learn that the English translation is better in the paid version.

According to the website, a recovery disc is not included with the trial version, but I was able to make some type of recovery disc anyway. So maybe I shouldn't be surprised that it didn't actually do anything? But then, why allow trial users to make a recovery disc - with no warning from the program about consequences - if it's not going to work?

My life is on my computer, so backup is vital. I need to have total confidence in my backup software, or at least enough confidence that I don't have to worry about what it's going to do.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8
More options in the Paragon 12 paid for versions, one option is to make a Windows 8 (winpe4) bootable Recovery disc.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    ME, XP,Vista,Win7,Win8,Win8.1
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Other Info
    Notebooks x 3

Desktops x 5

Towers x 4
I must admit I never read the instructions, I'm not sure I've ever read instructions on anything, I'm too impatient. I found the programme very easy to use, but then I've used a lot of partitioning programmes and backup programmes over the years.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8 Pro/Windows 8 Pro/Windows 7 64 Bit64Bit/Windows XP
I am using Pro HDM12 at the moment.

I expect most folk will be fine with Suite

at one stage I just did a clean install onto the new SSD and guess what, no system reserved partition, and yet it booted just fine

Where is the system partition and the hidden recovery folder?

Paragon does it fine: PARAGON Software Group - partition manager, drive backup, hard disk partitioning

There is a free/giveaway/cover version of Paragon Drive Copy Compact 12 floating around.
I think the all in one sounds like a good idea. Does it really do all the things the "component" programs do?

I like to do things the easy way when possible. For years, I used Acronis True Image and its separate partitioning program (can't recall the name of the second right now). The True Image interface got so confusing over the years I now have quit using it (having uninstalled True Image 2013). Do you have any comments about the intuitiveness of the Paragon interface(s) in general or in comparison with True Image. I pretty much don't like to do things if I have to read about how to do or if I encounter non-standard terminology.

Does Paragon deal simply and efficiently with UEFI installations, GPT vs MBR, etc.?

My Computer

System One

• OS
    7/8/ubuntu/Linux Deepin
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
I have been using paragon for a while. I don't think I have ever looked at the help files.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    7/8/ubuntu/Linux Deepin
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
Back