One Drive .. 100 GB free

One Drive .. 100 GB free (Updated)

Just logged in to my SkyDrive account to update it to the new OneDrive and was given an extra 100 GB free ... check it out not sure how long this is open for....:D

I just updated my android phone to the new OneDrive app and started to upload my photos, and checked this link (https://onedrive.live.com?invref=08e4f9bc56130ada&invsrc=90) for more details and received the 100 GB on top of my 28 GB, I had 25 free previously and received 3 GB for the new app, then the 100 GB on top.

Edit: Update

Last edited:
I keep a few things on Onedrive but I will keep Crashplan as my main backup for $5.99 a month with no limits to backup. I currently have a little over 100GB backed up. I feel the $5.99 a month is worth it to keep my pictures and home videos safe. I have a external dive I backup to also but if my house burns down so does my external drive. About 15 years ago I had about 3 years worth of pictures on a hard drive, well one day the hard drive decided not to work any more and I lost all 3 years worth of family pictures. I now have all my pictures and videos in three places, My PC, External Drive and the internet backup.

Jim

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8 Pro
    CPU
    AMD FX-8150
    Motherboard
    Gigabyte GA-990FX
    Memory
    8 GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    NVIDIA GeForce 980
As far I know... the 3GB promotion is only for Android users (because it is a new feature to them).
I have it, and I have a Windows Phone, not Android. Having said that, my phone's feeble memory capacity means I can't enable auto upload to Skydrive/Onedrive, so not sure how I got it.

I did try uploading one photo manually, after clicking on the link on the Onedrive site to activate the 3GB, and that may have been the trigger.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1, 10
When you log into OneDrive you will see:

Camera roll backup

Sync photos automatically and earn an extra 3 GB.

I don't care about the 100GB, its only for one year and then you lose it.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8 Pro
    CPU
    AMD FX-8150
    Motherboard
    Gigabyte GA-990FX
    Memory
    8 GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    NVIDIA GeForce 980
Gee! That's all neat.......but......
I'm too much of a control freak to ever let my data files out of my grubby little hands.

All my data, pictures, vid's and ISO's are all backed up to two USB 3.0 drives. One is a 32GB Flash Drive and the other a 1TB USB 3.0, external drive. I back up all new files to both, daily with a little batch file which I wrote. Only takes a few seconds, daily to have all my data files, and anything else I want, backed up and safe.

Then once a week, I back up my entire main drive, to a 1TB backup drive. I keep backup images, going back several weeks, just because I can. Old habits die hard.

Cheers mates and good luck with your Cloud backups.

:cool:

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Win-8.1/Pro/64
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    System Manufacturer/Model
    Acer X-1200
    CPU
    AMD 2 Core
    Motherboard
    Acer
    Memory
    Crucial, 4GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    NVIDEA GeForce 9200
    Sound Card
    On Board
    Monitor(s) Displays
    24" Acer
    Hard Drives
    Sandisk, SSD 500GB
    PSU
    Acer
    Case
    SFF Slimline
    Keyboard
    emachines 101 key
    Mouse
    Logitech Wireless
    Internet Speed
    5 Meg
    Browser
    Firefox
    Antivirus
    Windows Defender
    Other Info
    Using Classic Shell on Win-8.1 /pro/64
As far I know... the 3GB promotion is only for Android users (because it is a new feature to them).
I have it, and I have a Windows Phone, not Android. Having said that, my phone's feeble memory capacity means I can't enable auto upload to Skydrive/Onedrive, so not sure how I got it.

I did try uploading one photo manually, after clicking on the link on the Onedrive site to activate the 3GB, and that may have been the trigger.
I don't really know... but good for you who have that little extra space! :)

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 7 Ultimate/Windows 8.1 Update Pro with Media Center/Windows Technical Preview [All 64-bit]
    Computer type
    Laptop
    HP Pavilion g6-1d85nr Notebook PC
    CPU
    AMD A4-3305M APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics 1.9GHz
    Motherboard
    Hewlett-Packard 169B
    Memory
    4GB Ramaxel DDR3 RAM 1.33 GHz
    Graphics Card(s)
    AMD Radeon(TM) HD 6480G
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Generic PnP Monitor
    Screen Resolution
    1366x768
    Hard Drives
    500 GB Toshiba HDD MQ01ABD050 ATA Device
    Internet Speed
    1 Mb/s Download & 400 Kb/s Upload
    Browser
    Internet Explorer 11 [default]/ Pale Moon [64-bit]
    Antivirus
    MS System Center Endpoint Protection
Gee! That's all neat.......but......
I'm too much of a control freak to ever let my data files out of my grubby little hands.

All my data, pictures, vid's and ISO's are all backed up to two USB 3.0 drives. One is a 32GB Flash Drive and the other a 1TB USB 3.0, external drive. I back up all new files to both, daily with a little batch file which I wrote. Only takes a few seconds, daily to have all my data files, and anything else I want, backed up and safe.

Then once a week, I back up my entire main drive, to a 1TB backup drive. I keep backup images, going back several weeks, just because I can. Old habits die hard.

Cheers mates and good luck with your Cloud backups.

:cool:
I try to backup all my files on any device I find it suitable for it... for example, I have a 8GB Flash Drive which is the main backup for almost all ".exe" software I use on my PC, and some other extra things too. The rest of my programs (those who are bigger), I burn them to DVD's which go with me all the time; and my music is backed up on CD's and on my PS3!

But I primarly use the Cloud Storage (OneDrive) for my pictures and documents like school projects, etc. But now with 30GB of storage, I'm also going to upload my music library (around 18GB) there! :D

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 7 Ultimate/Windows 8.1 Update Pro with Media Center/Windows Technical Preview [All 64-bit]
    Computer type
    Laptop
    HP Pavilion g6-1d85nr Notebook PC
    CPU
    AMD A4-3305M APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics 1.9GHz
    Motherboard
    Hewlett-Packard 169B
    Memory
    4GB Ramaxel DDR3 RAM 1.33 GHz
    Graphics Card(s)
    AMD Radeon(TM) HD 6480G
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Generic PnP Monitor
    Screen Resolution
    1366x768
    Hard Drives
    500 GB Toshiba HDD MQ01ABD050 ATA Device
    Internet Speed
    1 Mb/s Download & 400 Kb/s Upload
    Browser
    Internet Explorer 11 [default]/ Pale Moon [64-bit]
    Antivirus
    MS System Center Endpoint Protection

My Computer

System One

• OS
    win8 Pro
    EXOPC Slate
    CPU
    Atom 1.66ghz
    Memory
    2gb
    Screen Resolution
    11.6 @ 1366 x 768
    Hard Drives
    64gb sandisk ssd
    Keyboard
    screen
    Mouse
    finger
    Internet Speed
    8mbs / 1mbs
Wow, lucky you! You won the 100 gigs of OneDrive storage! :dinesh:

I've so far have been gifted like 40 gigs of free OneDrive storage and have about 2 hours of Skype call time from Microsoft. Sooo...can't complain. Although 100 gigs sure sounds nice. :cool:

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    ASUS
    CPU
    AMD FX 8320
    Motherboard
    Crosshair V Formula-Z
    Memory
    16 gig DDR3
    Graphics Card(s)
    ASUS R9 270
    Screen Resolution
    1440x900
    Hard Drives
    1 TB Seagate Barracuda (starting to hate Seagate)
    x2 3 TB Toshibas
    Windows 8.1 is installed on a SanDisk Ultra Plus 256 GB
    PSU
    OCZ 500 watt
    Case
    A current work in progres as I'll be building the physical case myself. It shall be fantastic.
    Cooling
    Arctic Cooler with 3 heatpipes
    Keyboard
    Logitech K750 wireless solar powered keyboard
    Mouse
    Microsoft Touch Mouse
    Browser
    Internet Explorer 11
    Antivirus
    Windows Defender, but I might go back on KIS 2014
Back