Office 365 outage Thursday night

Any major cloud service outage is bad, but good communications can make it less stressful. Microsoft did OK with last night's Exchange Online outage.

My personal domain is run on Office 365. I've generally been very happy with it, but last night was one of those times that makes for unhappy customers: a major outage.

Late in the evening email just stopped working. Multiple computers and devices on different networks were all timing out on Exchange Activesync access so it seemed pretty clearly to be the service. I also couldn't log into the Office 365 web portal.

At this point, my first thought was to check the Office 365 Twitter feed; surely Microsoft would post notice of a major outage there. But there was no sign of anything wrong, so I asked.

The Office Twitter folks seemed to know nothing about it, but another user told me there was a "major outage". At this point I thought to check the service status page for my account. Below are the content for the full incident last night. When I first checked, only the bottom 2 or 3 statuses were up

Read more at: Office 365 outage Thursday night | ZDNet

Seems this idiotic service has been acting up a lot - last couple of days I've had issues uploading office docs. Constantly getting can't upload file notices :mad:

BTW this happens on both my desktop (W7) and my laptop (W8) with all sorts of Office 365 files so I doubt the issue is at my end.

Depends.. are you using a third party firewall? A lot of times those can interfere with services like this. I've had problems with firewalls interfering with DropBox as well.

Thank you but I don't use "third party firewalls" and this issue has been happening on and off with both my PC's since last week. Anyway after talking with those idiotic Microsoft tech support personal they begrudgingly stated that SkyDrive was having issues with syncing files and stated "the issue is being worked"

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro with Media Center
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    System Manufacturer/Model
    Custom built by me
    CPU
    Haswell i7-4770K
    Motherboard
    Gigabyte G1 Sniper 5 (BIOS F9)
    Memory
    Corsair Dominator Platinum 32 gig (1866MHz)
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sapphire R9-280 Vapor X
    Sound Card
    Soundblaster ZXR
    Monitor(s) Displays
    NEC PA242W - 24 inch
    Screen Resolution
    1920 x 1200
    Hard Drives
    Samsung 512gig 850 Pro SSD (OS), Samsung 256gig 840 Pro SSD (photo editing), Western Digital Caviar Black 2TB HD
    PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000 G2
    Case
    Cooler Master HAF X
    Cooling
    Corsair H100i Closed Loop Cooler
    Keyboard
    Logitech Wireless Wave
    Mouse
    Logitech Performance MX
    Internet Speed
    High Speed