Newbie requires advice or help on new pc with windows 8

Sounds good, tankie1rtr. My guess is that the defrag won't do much for performance. Although you've done some shuffling, you probably have a lot of free space, and the latency isn't that much for most things.

The online backup could be slowing things down if it's still in the process of doing its first full backup. Those will run a long time (sometimes up to a week) if you have a lot of data. There should be an option to pause it and then you can check performance with it paused to determine the impact.

And although I'm a "yank" I'll thank you nonetheless for your "royal" military service! I have a lot of respect for that. I work at a company that develops military communications equipment. :)

Thank you, that's very kind of you, and lets forget the "Although I am a Yank" your still a brother in arms, don't forget you are our closest allies. and keep them Comms Set's coming, we can do with some good upto date equipment.:thumbsup:

My Computer

System One

• OS
    windows 8
    System Manufacturer/Model
    Samsung
    CPU
    Quad Core
    Memory
    800gb
    Graphics Card(s)
    AMD Radeon Graphics
Thank you, that's very kind of you, and lets forget the "Although I am a Yank" your still a brother in arms, don't forget you are our closest allies. and keep them Comms Set's coming, we can do with some good upto date equipment.:thumbsup:
I'm with you on that, brother! Just being silly on the "yank" comment. :)

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Win 7 / Win 8
    Lenovo T510 / HP ProBook 4540S
    CPU
    Intel i5-510m / Intel i3-3110m
    Memory
    4GB / 8GB
    Monitor(s) Displays
    15.6"
Sounds good, tankie1rtr. My guess is that the defrag won't do much for performance. Although you've done some shuffling, you probably have a lot of free space, and the latency isn't that much for most things.

The online backup could be slowing things down if it's still in the process of doing its first full backup. Those will run a long time (sometimes up to a week) if you have a lot of data. There should be an option to pause it and then you can check performance with it paused to determine the impact.

And although I'm a "yank" I'll thank you nonetheless for your "royal" military service! I have a lot of respect for that. I work at a company that develops military communications equipment. :)

what you don't like bowman? hehe

My Computer

System One

• OS
    CPU
    Motherboard
    Memory
    Graphics Card(s)
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Hard Drives
    PSU