New PC Build, crashing/hangs in W8.1 and W7

Hi

Now the RAM frequency and timings are correct but CPU might be running overclocked. Now one more thing to check. Please enter BIOS setup and navigate to the "OC Tweaker screen". Make sure OC mode is set to "Manual" . Also set "CPU Configuration--> Overclock mode" to "Auto".

Those are the default settings "Asrock" recommends.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 7
Hi

Some drivers seems to be outdated. Please follow the below steps to update them (before updating the drivers, make sure to uninstall the old versions completely and reboot the system).

1. Realtek Audio driver.

Code:
MBfilt64.sys        [COLOR=#ff0000][B]Fri Jul 31 09:10:32 2009[/B][/COLOR] (4A7267B0)
Realtek HiDefinition Audio driver

Download 64bits Vista, Windows7, Windows8, Windows8.1 Driver only (Executable file) from the below link.

Realtek

2. Realtek LAN driver.

Code:
Rt64win7.sys        [B]Thu Apr 21 23:45:33 2011 [/B](4DB07445)
Realtek RTL8168D/8111D Family PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC

Download Win8 and Win8.1 Auto Installation Program (SID:1606893) from the below link.

Realtek

3. Etron USB 3.0 driver.

Code:
EtronXHCI.sys       Fri Jul 20 12:45:46 2012 (500905A2)
Etron USB 3.0 Extensible Host Controller Driver

Get the update from http://66.226.78.21/downloadsite/drivers/all/USB/EtronUSB3(v0.118).zip

4. Make sure "AMD overdrive" is disabled.

"Overdrive" is a feature used to automatically overclock the CPU and GPU. Make sure it is not activated in "Catalyst Control Center --> Performance --> AMD Overdrive" (usual location). If it is selected by default, deselect it and reboot the machine.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 7
'Security Processor Loader Driver" is still showing as a problem device.

Code:
Security Processor Loader Driver	ROOT\LEGACY_SPLDR\0000	This device is not present, is not working properly, or does not have all its drivers installed.

To view this device, first boot the system in to "Safe mode " and enable hidden device view.

Show hidden and unplugged devices in device manager - The IT Community

Check whether this item located under "Non plug and play devices". If yes, right click uninstall and reboot the machine.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 7
Trying to update to the latest realtek audio driver has been a problem as during the setup it says "no driver was supported in this package"

i installed the previous driver which (R2.72) which was released only a month prior to the latest one, and that worked.

I've changed/checked everything else

edit/update:

Still get the hang/BSOD, as usual the installation of a windows update consistency causes it.

2 edit/update:

Just had a hang in safemode while trying to get the minidump files

Last edited:

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 64bit
So just checked with the shop I bought all my parts from.

They said they can diagnose/repair/warranty/install for $80 flat fee. If I knew a part was faulty and brought it in, they would confirm themselves and then replace it for free. But since I can't say for sure I think the labor costs comes from them diagnosing the issue within the system for me...

If I am to take the route, which I'm inclined to, should I reinstall W8.1 and let them work out what's wrong/fix it? I feel like that might be going back on all the troubleshooting we've been doing in W7. Another reason I'd want to have them fix it on W8.1 is because I bought the W8.1 OEM from them and the W7 I'm on at the moment is running on trial which I will have to update/buy later on anyway :l

What do you reckon Anshad? Should I reinstall W8.1, try to update drivers as best as I can and then take the computer into the shop for fixing?

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 64bit
Hi

My recommendation is to first get the RAM replaced under warranty and then do a clean install of "Windows 8.1" to rule out any possible OS issues. Don't install any drivers came with the motherboard CD. Install the latest version of Chipset , LAN , USB 3.0 and display drivers from the links i posted earlier. Download the "Audio" driver directly from "Asrock" support site.

http://66.226.78.21/downloadsite/drivers/All/Audio/Audio(v6873).zip

Now your system will be running in a clean state . If the issue continues, it will be definitely hardware related and i would suggest using their paid diagnostic service.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 7
The issue is with the store's policy the RAM would only be replaced/swapped for free if it is in fact faulty, if they find it isn't they would charge me the labor fee anyway. I'm worried I then might have to go back home, set the system up like you explained, and bring the PC to the store for testing for a separate fee

So should set I 8.1 up as you suggested and and then bring the whole system in and just ask them to test the RAM first and if that's not faulty testing the rest of the system should all by covered under the flat rate?

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 64bit
Thanks,

Should I also try to have the HDD installed as well? It's use would be for storage of all the documents/files under the one User (if/when my computer works). I had tried to set it up like that way back near the beginning but it was pretty unstable

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 64bit
Hi sorry to get back to you so late.

In short, the RAM was not replaced, the mobo was replaced with a different brand model (Gigabyte 970a D3P).

I was charged $80 on the spot at Umart for them to have a look at the PC.

3d later, over the phone before I picked it up from Umart repairs I was told that they had tried replacing the RAM to no avail (whether a different model or the same model I don't know), and in the end said something about compatibility and they replaced the mobo with a different brand and charged me the difference ($24 more expensive than the ASRock). I arrived at the shop late to pick it up so didn't get to clarify the issues.

In the end I'm not sure what the issue was definitely :S

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 64bit
Yes, finally I found people with same problem with me, I'm used V-GEN memory 8GB that not supported on the Asrock 970 pro3 R2.0 list and all the hardware except RAM is compatible
and the same problem Random BSOD dan hang when I try to install something on my PC

please help me, sorry for my bad english

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 7 64-bit
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    CPU
    AMD Vishera FX-8320
    Motherboard
    Asrock 970 pro3 R2.0
    Memory