my touchpad is too sensitive when I type it jumps all over

I really did not mean to make it about you or it being your fault. Please do not feel mistreated.
I am quite frustrated that Dell does not help and then to come to the MS forums needing help from a problem that arises from the OS and getting no help here either.
Not your fault but the system ... again, sorry for the trouble and I do appreciate your extensive knowledge and assistance in the ways you felt you could help me.
Have a good day

My Computer

System One

• OS
    windows 8
    Computer type
    Laptop
    System Manufacturer/Model
    Dell Inspiron 17R 5721
    Mouse
    MS sculpt
    Antivirus
    ESET smart security 6
Dell Touchpad

You stated that you want to remove the touchpad so I have to assume that you will be using a mouse.
The dell version of your touchpad should have an option to disable the touchpad when a mouse is plugged in. I have 3 dell systems and they all have this option.

touchpad1.png
touchpad2.png
touchpad3.png

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 7 Pro and Windows 8.1 Pro 32 bit and 64 bit
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Lenovo and Dell
    CPU
    Intel i3
Dell Inspiron Touch Pad/Palm Rest too sensetive fix

Dell has replaced my my touch-pad/palm rest twice and the unit has been returned to them for repair once. Nothing really changed nor would they acknowledge that they had a problem (sort of like Toyota). The pad is obviously way too sensitive and my cursor did/does all manner of weird things. It was driving me nuts!

I like the computer. So, as a sort of fix, I found that two layers of cardboard (material such as would be found as the backing material on a typical small paper tablet) placed so as to occlude approx. 3/4" vertically and 1/2" horizontally the lower right corner of the pad worked quite nicely. It's a bit odd looking. When typing the cardboard is now beneath my thumb-wrist palm area. I affixed the cardboard (not to the touch-pad) to the right area adjacent to the touch-pad with double sided scotch tape. I am now pleased with the tablets operation.

In addition, Dell's Philippine tech cats supplied a program called TouchFreeze (in their many attempts to fix my problem), which am running as well and this may not be needed.

Hope this helps!

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Win8.0
    Computer type
    Laptop
    Delll Inspiron 5521
    CPU
    Intel Core I5
    Motherboard