Microsoft reveals Windows 8 upgrade pricing for the UK

Microsoft has confirmed the cost of upgrading a PC to Windows 8 - and that people who have bought a Windows 7 machine recently will get a discount.

Microsoft has confirmed the price most UK users will need to pay to upgrade to Windows 8 — £24.99.

The cost of the UK upgrade, which allows users to download a copy of Windows 8 Pro, is pegged at an almost identical level to the US, where an upgrade will set consumers back $39.99.

Read more at source:
Microsoft reveals Windows 8 upgrade pricing for the UK | ZDNet

Pfffft... Just brought a second hand Acer desktop with a Vista Home Premium key on the side thinking I may be able to upgrade it to 8 Pro. Got the Enterprise Eval on it right now, and despite any previous posts I may have made am actually loving it now. Got everything I need for work/office working perfectly, even odd little things like address label templates for Office 2013 Preview.

This is going to cost me a fortune in 87 days unless I reinstall :-/

My Computer

Recently bought a Presario CQ57 from Staples (UK) for £256. Registered to upgrade to Windows 8 Pro for £14.99 at:

https://www.windowsupgradeoffer.com/

Follow the link to your country, and the FAQ and Program Information pages explain the offer in full.

Registration is all very simple, and you receive an email in return with your registration confirmation number, and another email is expected on or around 26th October with details on how to redeem and pay for the order.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro with Media Center
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    System Manufacturer/Model
    HP COMPAQ Presario CQ57
    CPU
    AMD E- 300 APU with Radion HD Graphics 1.30GHz
    Motherboard
    inbuilt