Let's tell MS what we think of Windows 8

It is looking increasingly likely they will fix it with it Blue.

In essence, there are 2 things they need to do. That kind of leads to a 3rd.

They know what they are.

It is extraordinary that a few on this forum do not get it.

they might as well be bankrupt

If they are not careful, they might end up that way. It is tough out there. MS will not collapse overnight - but it is not impossible for them to die a slow death.

MS need to understand why people are not buying win 8 and fix it. Fast

M$ is not listening to its customers on several issues and there are choices for users to change. If M$ continues to be deaf to its users it will go the way of many large companies and that is bankrupt.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    7/8/ubuntu/Linux Deepin
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
I just don't like the Ribbon on Office, why is that so hard to understand?! Why isn't there an option to change it back to how it was before all that junk came in?!
:ditto: Cokey 100% backing you.

I hate the ribbon. Drop down menus are easily accessible, easy to read, and contain a lot of information in a small space.

Cheers M :thumb:

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 7 Ult Reatil & Win 8 Pro OEM
    System Manufacturer/Model
    Built as DIY
    CPU
    6 core 12 thread & 4 core
    Motherboard
    Inel Extreme & Intel standard
    Memory
    12GB & 8GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    3 top end SLI linked & onboard
    Sound Card
    In built in graphics card & onboard
    Monitor(s) Displays
    24 & 23 inch Samsung LED backlit
    Screen Resolution
    High def
    Hard Drives
    Corsair Force 128GB SATA3 SSDs in each machine. Plus several external USB3 and eSATA spinner HDs
It is looking increasingly likely they will fix it with it Blue.

In essence, there are 2 things they need to do. That kind of leads to a 3rd.

They know what they are.

It is extraordinary that a few on this forum do not get

What troubles me is they knew what the issues were before they released W8 thinking that advertising would fix everything.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Win7/8 Mint
    lenovo W530
    CPU
    intell i7
    Motherboard
    Lenovo
    Memory
    16gb
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1080
    Hard Drives
    512 gb ssd
    Other Info
    Around 13 million employes
And when Blue does come out and hopefully has the fixes, I'm stuck with Pro OEM and currently over a GB of updates. Sheeeeessshhh! They need SP1 now. What a total schmozzle. :cry:

labeeman said:
What troubles me is they knew what the issues were before they released Windows 8 thinking that advertising would fix everything.
Way back in the early issues I frequently stated that W8 was the SP needed for W7, but they used it to promote their one OS for all platforms.

It's always been all about marketing. Not about customer care. A cheap shot promotional that was doomed from it's inception. Lets hope the pumps start working again on the Titanic! Then we can all come back aboard from the life boats.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 7 Ult Reatil & Win 8 Pro OEM
    Built as DIY
    CPU
    6 core 12 thread & 4 core
    Motherboard
    Inel Extreme & Intel standard
    Memory
    12GB & 8GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    3 top end SLI linked & onboard
    Sound Card
    In built in graphics card & onboard
    Monitor(s) Displays
    24 & 23 inch Samsung LED backlit
    Screen Resolution
    High def
    Hard Drives
    Corsair Force 128GB SATA3 SSDs in each machine. Plus several external USB3 and eSATA spinner HDs
Here's what I said:

You really need to rethink Windows 8:

1. Allow users to chose the desktop UI rather than the Metro UI, It should be either/or, not both.
2. Allow UAC to be completely turned off, so at least users can add start up programs.
3. Fix the widespread problem with joysticks. Search the Internet if you don't believe me.
4. Bring back F8 for Safe Mode. After I installed Windows 8, my video card died which was unrelated. Without a UEFI BIOS, it took me over two hours to get my system up and running in VGA mode. The repair/recovery loop is a disaster.
5. Allow users to easily turn off all the features with one click, of what used to be called Aero in Windows 7.

I've hacked my way around all these annoyances, but why should I have to do that? Sadly, Windows 8 could have been a nice upgrade, basically Windows 7 SP 2. Unfortunately, it was an accident waiting to happen and a real disappointment.

Sincerely,

A loyal Windows customer since version 3.1.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    EVGA
    CPU
    Intel Xeon X5650 (2)
    Motherboard
    EVGA SR-2
    Memory
    40 GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    EVGA GTX 680
    Browser
    Chrome
    Antivirus
    Avast!
At first, I was no fan of the ribbon. But since they implemented it in more and more components, I find the ribbon useful. Going from e.g. Word to Powerpoint and Paint, etc. is a lot easier now than before. The ribbons are not exactly the same, but there are enough common elements that I can easily orient myself.

Other products like Libre Office adopted the ribbon too - not the same, but similar. Even in those I can find my way a lot easier now. The other day I made my first Impress (the Libre Office PowerPoint equivalent) picture show and had no problem doing that in no time.

2013-03-07_1803.png

2013-03-07_1805.png

Last edited:

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Vista and Win7
    2xHP, 2xGateway, 1xDell, 1xSony
    Hard Drives
    5 SSDs and 12 HDs
What troubles me is they knew what the issues were before they released Windows 8 thinking that advertising would fix everything.

Sort of.

I don't think they expected the resistance to be as strong as it is.

It is up to MS what they do next.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    7/8/ubuntu/Linux Deepin
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
At first, I was no fan of the ribbon. But since they implemented it in more and more components, I find the ribbon useful. Going from e.g. Word to Powerpoint and Paint, etc. is a lot easier now than before. The ribbons are not exactly the same, but there are enough common elements that I can easily orient myself.

Other products like Libre Ofiice adopted the ribbon too - not the same, but similar. Even in those I can find my way a lot easier now. The other day I made my first Impress (the Libre Office PowerPoint equivalent) picture show and had no probles doing that in no time.

View attachment 17924

View attachment 17925
You can't go getting used to stuff whs, you'll get kicked out of the club.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8 Pro/Windows 8 Pro/Windows 7 64 Bit64Bit/Windows XP

Sort of.

I don't think they expected the resistance to be as strong as it is.

It is up to MS what they do next.

M$ must think they are the Borg.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Win7/8 Mint
    lenovo W530
    CPU
    intell i7
    Motherboard
    Lenovo
    Memory
    16gb
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1080
    Hard Drives
    512 gb ssd
    Other Info
    Around 13 million employes
Here's what I said:

You really need to rethink Windows 8:
[clip]

A loyal Windows customer since version 3.1.

Well said. I go back to 3.1, also... I guess that makes us ancient.
  • I had good relationships with M'soft back in the days of W'95 working on security issues of that day. They were kind enough to give me a copy of W'98 as a thank you. Now, they ignore you and proceed in their ivory tower. The assumption they make is that we'll all go to tablets, etc. with touch screens and are trying to force us to do so.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    W8
That's nice now we can all tell them what we think. Maybe they will fix most of their issues with windows blue. Hopefully that gets released soon.

My Computer

Back