Legacy graphics card issue (I know it isn't technically supported!)

I used that drivers on windows 8 on a packard bell mz35 and works fine, but the CCC don't work because it needs Framework 2.0 and makes conflict with framework 4.0 based on W8, so, you can install the driver, but you can't use the CCC.

My instruction is, use the setup on windows Vista SP2 compatibility mode, and it will work :)

In the spirit of helping others: I found that on Windows 8.1 you can regain use of the legacy 10.2 version of CCC by installing framework 3.5 and enabling the same compatibility fix on the CCC launcher program.

The following instructions worked on an old HP ZV6000 laptop with the 32-bit version of Windows 8.1. Assuming you already installed the drivers from the package provided by chechox then chances are you already have the missing framework installed. If you rather start from scratch or if you haven't installed the drivers yet or if you just want to check then here is how you do it.

To install the missing framework:

1. Go to Control Panel –> Programs
  2. Under the heading "Programs and Features" click on "Turn Windows features on or off". A new window appears.
  3. Check the box next to".NET Framework 3.5 (includes .NET 2.0 and 3.0)"
  4. Click OK

When that's done maybe it would a good idea to restart your machine so to make sure changes take place. Now to fix CCC do the following:

1. Bring up Task Manager by pressing Ctrl + Alt + Delete on your keyboard.
  2. At the Task Manager window click on the "Startup" tab.
  3. With your mouse select the line that says "Catalyst Control Center Launcher".
  4. Check that the "Status" column says "Enabled". Right click directly on it to change the value if you need to.
  5. Now right click again (or for the first time if you didn't need to change startup status) and select "Open File Location". A new explorer window shows up with the file "CLIStart.exe" already highlighted.
  6. Right click on "CLIStart.exe" and select "Properties".
  7. Click on the "Compatibility" tab.
  8. Click on the button "Change settings for all users". A new pop up window appears.
  9. Check the box that says "Run this program in compatibility mode for".
  10. Select "Windows Vista (Service Pack 2)" from the drop-down list.
  11. Hit OK on the pop up window and OK once more for the properties window.

At this point you should be able to double click on CLIStart.exe right there in the explorer window and the program should start in a few seconds. Next time you reboot your machine you should notice the red ATI logo icon show up on your taskbar startup items and also the usual context menu when right clicking on an empty spot in the despot.

Good luck!

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
Here's a solution for me that works!

I have modified drivers by me that works on windows 8 on ATI 200m. I don't know if it works on another card.

Here's the link:
HERE

(Instructions inside)

Hope this works for everyone :D

Hi,

I have also registered simply to thank you for your modded drivers. I've been resurrecting an old MSI MS-1013 notebook using Win7 and had spent 3 days tracking down and trying drivers. Windows Update used to update the video, sound and LAN drivers after installation but after having been forced by Microsoft to update Windows Update it fails to connect and download anything. I tried so many fixes for that Windows Update problem that I gave up and tried to find suitable video drivers myself. This has been the only one that has worked.

If you're still around, chechox; great work.

Now off to track down a Realtek ALC655 audio driver......

My Computer

System One

• OS
    windows 7
    Computer type
    Laptop
Back