KB2919355 breaks down logon screen and lock screen

It is a graphics driver problem. I had that confirmed by Microsoft. You can install the update´if you use the right graphics driver beforehand. I have a AMD System so I cannot say which driver you need.

yeah, as i suspected. there may not be a driver that works for my situation, depending on the nature of the bug. it is entirely possible that i will simply need to wait for another update and hope that the new one works. I have tried multiple drivers, but none have worked. driver development for integrated intel HD graphics is not very high priority (I imagine), so the number of available options is rather lacking.

If I had a spare video card i would just use that instead, but i do not. For now I am stuck waiting for an update or some other user solution. :)

My Computer

System One

• OS
    8.1 Pro (Retail)
I had the same proplem.
My solution was to change a wrong registry entry:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\AutoAminLogon=1

I changed the entry to AutoAminLogon=0, then the Login Screen Looks ok.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1
    Computer type
    Laptop
The way that fixed it for me was to right click on the desktop and click configure switchable graphics. Under the recent applications, there was a program called logonui.exe. I changed the graphic setting to power saving and it started working instantly. Untitled.png

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro 64 bit
    Computer type
    Laptop
    System Manufacturer/Model
    Hp Envy 6t-1200 CTO
    CPU
    Intel i7-3517u
    Memory
    8 GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    AMD Radeon HD 8750M
    Screen Resolution
    1366x768
    Hard Drives
    500 GB Hard Drive
    32 GB mSATA
Works!

That works. Just wanted to let people know if there is anyone faces the problem out there. That works immediately. Thank you.
The way that fixed it for me was to right click on the desktop and click configure switchable graphics. Under the recent applications, there was a program called logonui.exe. I changed the graphic setting to power saving and it started working instantly. View attachment 54710

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1
Back