Solved Is it possible to scan from HP printer to Word 2013??

Morning Slartybart,

That's what I inferred when I said
Preserving formatting is a completely different subject matter

Amen to that ...lol

You also said that sometimes it might just be easier to retype. That is exactly what I did with my frequently used TV channels ...lol

I really appreciate all the guidance and patience you have displayed while participating in this thread. :thumb: I'll keep experimenting on my end and see what comes of it. :D

Have a great day and as I always say ... Thanks and regards,
2harts4ever (Phil)

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    System Manufacturer/Model
    HP Pavilion 23-g017c
    CPU
    AMD A6-5200 APU w/Radeon HD Graphics
    Motherboard
    Alice by T & I
    Memory
    8 GB
    Sound Card
    RealTek High Defination Audio
    Hard Drives
    WDC WD10EZEX-60M2NA0
    Keyboard
    HP
    Mouse
    HP
    Browser
    Internet Explorer 11
    Antivirus
    McAfee Multi-Access Internet Security
You're more than welcome Phil,

The real credit goes to whs - he posted the OneNote conversion on some thread and then made the video tutorial.
Other members provided excellent guidance on the process you were looking for, and that's how it works best. More heads, more ideas.

OCR will continue to improve and printers will get more powerful features. Maybe someday, we'll be able to scan directly into an application and things will be near perfect - text AND images in one shot. That might already exist on some high end ($$$$$) printers or professional OCR ($$$$$) applications.

I have low end All-in-One printers and run the free stuff - those meets my modest needs and my budget :)

Bill

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Win8.1 Pro | Win10TP Pro - boot to VHD
    Computer type
    Laptop
    HP Pavilion dv6-c610us
    CPU
    AMD VISION A6-3420M Quad-Core (2.4GHz/1.5GHz)
    Motherboard
    HP
    Memory
    6GB DDR3 SDRAM (2 DIMM)
    Graphics Card(s)
    AMD Radeon HD 6520G Discrete-Class Graphics
    Monitor(s) Displays
    HP 2072a (20" LED)
    Screen Resolution
    1600 x 900
    Hard Drives
    Hitachi 640GB (5400 RPM)
    Seagate 2 TB external
    WD 500 GB external
    Keyboard
    Logitech K520 (wireless bundle)
    Mouse
    Logitech M310 (wireless bundle)
    Browser
    IE 11 (default) & Pale Moon
    Other Info
    HP product specs:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-Pavilion-dv6-6c00-Entertainment-Notebook-PC-series/5191856/model/5218495/document/c03138553/
Hi whs,

First, thanks for taking the time to post the tutorial Slartybart posted on his one thread response. It went a long way in helping me to understand how to scan documents from my Printer, put it in OneNote, get the text out and put it in to Word 2013 so I could edit it.

And, I tried checking out the link you just posted (FreeOCRtoWord)but couldn't get it to download.

So, for now I am just going to continue trying to absorb what you, Slartybart and the others have told me and go with that.:)

Thanks and regards,
2harts4ever

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    HP Pavilion 23-g017c
    CPU
    AMD A6-5200 APU w/Radeon HD Graphics
    Motherboard
    Alice by T & I
    Memory
    8 GB
    Sound Card
    RealTek High Defination Audio
    Hard Drives
    WDC WD10EZEX-60M2NA0
    Keyboard
    HP
    Mouse
    HP
    Browser
    Internet Explorer 11
    Antivirus
    McAfee Multi-Access Internet Security
Thanks for posting back. I understand. One needs time to try all the options. I am right now wresteling with a very difficult problem myself. The guys gave me so much input that I will be busy for a couple of weeks, LOL.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Vista and Win7
    2xHP, 2xGateway, 1xDell, 1xSony
    Hard Drives
    5 SSDs and 12 HDs
We can use some PDF conversion tools. If it is a simple text PDF, you can use free online conversion tools such as Zamza or XOdo. For complex graphic PDFs, you can use AutoDWG to convert them into CAD for modification. Now AutoDWG is also providing PDF to Word conversion services. If you encounter formatting issues, it is recommended to try using different software. After all, the files processed by AutoDWG before were all complex drawing type PDFs. I hope this can help you.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    win10
Back