Installing XP AFTER Win 8?

spend 20 bucks or bum an old one from somebody

labeeman I have a wireless keyboard and mouse for that computer. My old box is PS2 style. I assume it is drivers. What do you suggest I do

I have keyboards for everything. I am running a PS2 style on my XP system and I have a logitech wireless mouse and keyboard for the new Win 8 system
I thought that maybe since I use a PS2 style on the XP it has drivers for that and will not see the usb wireless. Am I way off here? The new Win * system does not have PS2 port so I cant use the PS2 keyboard with it

Should I install drivers on the XP drive for the USB wireless and then install it in the WIn 8?

My Computer

System One

• OS
    maybe 8 and XP
How will I do the mouse and keyboard drivers the way things are now?

Do you have a usb key board and mouse? Do you have a ps2 port on your new box if so use your old key board and mouse.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Win7/8 Mint
    System Manufacturer/Model
    lenovo W530
    CPU
    intell i7
    Motherboard
    Lenovo
    Memory
    16gb
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1080
    Hard Drives
    512 gb ssd
    Other Info
    Around 13 million employes
labeeman yes I have usb and wired keyboards. The XP system is running with a PS2 style keyboard. The Win 8 is USB only no PS2 port. It has the drivers on it for USB keyboard but my XP drive must not. Should I install wireless keyboard drivers on my XP drive in my old system and then install drive in the new system?

My Computer

System One

• OS
    maybe 8 and XP
xp does not need drivers for hard wired mouse/keyboard

and what is your make and model motherboard?

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8
spend 20 bucks or bum an old one from somebody

labeeman I have a wireless keyboard and mouse for that computer. My old box is PS2 style. I assume it is drivers. What do you suggest I do

I have keyboards for everything. I am running a PS2 style on my XP system and I have a logitech wireless mouse and keyboard for the new Win 8 system
I thought that maybe since I use a PS2 style on the XP it has drivers for that and will not see the usb wireless. Am I way off here? The new Win * system does not have PS2 port so I cant use the PS2 keyboard with it

Should I install drivers on the XP drive for the USB wireless and then install it in the WIn 8?

Install the HD in the old box and install the wireless drivers for your new keyboard and check to make sure they work.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Win7/8 Mint
    lenovo W530
    CPU
    intell i7
    Motherboard
    Lenovo
    Memory
    16gb
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1080
    Hard Drives
    512 gb ssd
    Other Info
I guess the drive does not have the drivers I need for the wireless. SO I will put the drive back in the XP system and install drivers for the wireless keyboard and then install the drive in the new system.

I will try this now and see what happens. While I am doing that should I install the other drivers you spoke about while drive is in the system?

My Computer

System One

• OS
    maybe 8 and XP
yes, labeeman said just that above. we're replying too quick. :)
if u don't have a hard wired mouse and keyboard then that's the easiest way.

I guess the drive does not have the drivers I need for the wireless. SO I will put the drive back in the XP system and install drivers for the wireless keyboard and then install the drive in the new system.

I will try this now and see what happens. While I am doing that should I install the other drivers you spoke about while drive is in the system?

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8
oh, and in case u missed it...what's your make and model motherboard. and i assume your xp is 32 bit right?

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8
opps:p sorry I am thrilled this is going to work.

Yes XP is 32 bit
the motherboard I gave you info on is the new one

My Computer

System One

• OS
    maybe 8 and XP

I assume the wireless receiver is portable to the old machine USB. It is much safer to install the other drivers in the new box.
I have a wireless key board and mouse also but have to keep a wired key board so I can change bios settings as the MB will not see the wireless key board. The links that s12222 gave you will need to be followed when you get a keyboard and mouse up and running.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Win7/8 Mint
    lenovo W530
    CPU
    intell i7
    Motherboard
    Lenovo
    Memory
    16gb
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1080
    Hard Drives
    512 gb ssd
    Other Info
labeeman yes I can use the wireless keyboard on the old machine. I will go and install the keyboard drivers now and then put the drive in the new machine and get those other drivers. I will let you guys know how it goes. You guys are great. I thought this thing was over but now I know its going to work.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    maybe 8 and XP
You should be able to use a generic wireless keyboard and mouse driver to get it working in xp if they don't already have them available for download at the support site. it just won't do the fancy stuff

did they give you the motherboard cd with that computer?

opps:p sorry I am thrilled this is going to work. Next issue the keyboard has special drivers for Win7+8 will they install in XP?

Yes XP is 32 bit
the motherboard I gave you info on is the new one

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8
my wireless keyboard is recognized at post so i can get into the bios with it.
2 things i had to do was enable legacy usb in the bios and make sure the keyboard was plugged into a rear port not on a hub or a front port.
it works great for me booting to xp.

I have a wireless key board and mouse also but have to keep a wired key board so I can change bios settings as the MB will not see the wireless key board.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8
next problem my wireless keyboard already works in XP system. The HD must have the drivers already. Now what

My Computer

System One

• OS
    maybe 8 and XP
Those dogs. next time remember to demand them or u buy elsewhere.
you'll need the storage drivers for the intel h61 chipset for the ahci to work in xp. just follow one of the guides. there's a bunch of them.

sl2222 nope no cd not even restore discs

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8
the mouse nor keyboard worked when I booted the XP drive in the new system. I went to install the wireless drivers and they were already on the XP drive

My Computer

System One

• OS
    maybe 8 and XP
next problem my wireless keyboard already works in XP system. The HD must have the drivers already. Now what

On the new box try different ports not a USB3 port with the receiver to see if one works.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Win7/8 Mint
    lenovo W530
    CPU
    intell i7
    Motherboard
    Lenovo
    Memory
    16gb