Improved sharing & new HTML5 features for SkyDrive.com

We’re ringing in the new year with a few improvements to SkyDrive.com. You now have a single, unified view into how each of your files is shared so you can more easily control who has access to your files. We’ve also added more HTML5 features for touch devices making the SkyDrive experience faster and more fluid across devices and we’ve introduced more drag-and-drop capabilities to make it easier to manage your files, photos and documents.

Read more at source:
Improved sharing & new HTML5 features for SkyDrive.com

You can get a reasonable amount free. 25Gb SkyDrive, 5gb Dropbox, 5Gb GoogleDrive. I'm sure there are more out here but they are the ones I use.

Those are good examples. For instance I use SkyDrive and DropBox but not for too sensitive backup (and they do offer extra storage and encourage me to post ALL my files in case of disk failure...).
I do it for general sharing purposes because it's way easier than trying to upload in many different places with speed limits or size limits (or email upload limits - spam-regarded attachments) and remembering a bunch of different links for example.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 10 x64
    Computer type
    Laptop
    System Manufacturer/Model
    HP Envy DV6 7250
    CPU
    Intel i7-3630QM
    Motherboard
    HP, Intel HM77 Express Chipset