imaging software doesn't see second hard drive

It might be advisable to provide a screenshot of your disk management to confirm your disk in question is a dynamic disk like the OP in this post did:

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/41269-installation-cant-see-my-hard-disk.html

If so, he seemed to be in a similar situation as yours and he was able to convert his (non-OS) disk back to a basic simple volume without the loss of any data according to him. So, if you believe his story, it can be done... at least on a non-OS disk.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    CPU
    Intel G2020
    Motherboard
    ASRock B75M-DGS R2.0
    Memory
    8GBs @ 1333 MHz
    Hard Drives
    Samsung 840 EVO
    PSU
    400w
    Internet Speed
    57/11
thanks my2cents, you know what, I think I am going to leave well enough be, as my second OS (I have a dual boot) is over there on that "dynamic" disk. I don't really use the second OS, but I like the fact that it is there in case I need it.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    windows 8.1 pro
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
thanks my2cents, you know what, I think I am going to leave well enough be, as my second OS (I have a dual boot) is over there on that "dynamic" disk. I don't really use the second OS, but I like the fact that it is there in case I need it.

Sometimes discretion is the better part of valor! Sounds like a plan to me. Thanks for sharing your final decision.

my2cents

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    CPU
    Intel G2020
    Motherboard
    ASRock B75M-DGS R2.0
    Memory