Solved How often do you clean your pc?

I had to laugh a little when I read this thread.....it reminded me of my old tech days when I visited remote locations. On several occasions I opened PC cases to find the inside completely covered in dust to the point you could not even see a single chip on the motherboard.

Having seen many in this condition, I came to the conclusion that boards are far more durable than one would suspect.

Who knows if they are less durable today than back in the 90's but another thing I used to do is fly for hours in turbo props with the PCs back in cargo at -45 degrees. After landing, you would haul them out, and as soon as I got to the hotel turn mine on with frost still on the mother board.

Never had a problem!

:roflmao:
But some hardware is really tested for military standards so even Rambo can have a favorite pc today.

Even some plain hardware boards can be more durable than expected, I agree.

But in the end you can even get failures in unexpected conditions or locations, for instance on your own desktop, even without -45 degrees. Luckily, I never had this issues so hardware is pretty tough, that's for sure.

I clean my 8 desktop computers every season change, so its 4 times a year and use an air compressor, been doing this for years without issues.

The "Cleaning Award" should be yours... once a year is here enough but that depends on how concerned or tidy you are and the climate you have in the area.

Thanks bro, but i live in a very windy place, so cleanning the house every 2 or 3 days and the computers every 3 months is a must here!

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Microsoft Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    CPU
    Intel Core i5-3570 @ 3.4GHZ
    Motherboard
    Lenovo Mahobay
    Memory
    16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3