How hard is Windows 8?

Why everyone thing the complaints are all about the start button, I don't even use such thing as Start 8 or whatever, aside Classic Shell do the job for free if you are after this kind of start button replacement. If you need Start 8 or what ever, better stay with Windows 7. Windows 8 is 100 % operational without any third apps.

Literally the only reason I have Windows 8 on my most recent laptop purchase is because it was the least expensive choice with the same given hardware. So I do basically run it like Windows 7, but there are a couple of Metro apps I like, so I will use Metro for those rare cases. Most of what I do isn't well suited to Metro, however. You can't, for example, put document or folder links on the Start screen.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Win 7 / Win 8
    System Manufacturer/Model
    Lenovo T510 / HP ProBook 4540S
    CPU
    Intel i5-510m / Intel i3-3110m
    Memory
    4GB / 8GB
    Monitor(s) Displays
    15.6"
Literally the only reason I have Windows 8 on my most recent laptop purchase is because it was the least expensive choice with the same given hardware.

That's the problem many are facing now. I have to dig in the Dell business website to find a Laptop with Windows 7.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8
Literally the only reason I have Windows 8 on my most recent laptop purchase is because it was the least expensive choice with the same given hardware.

That's the problem many are facing now. I have to dig in the Dell business website to find a Laptop with Windows 7.
Yes, they'll start to be come harder to find over time. Although there's still the free "downgrade" option if you get Windows 8 Pro. At some point, Microsoft will take that option away after they feel they've got their customer base properly conditioned. But as long as they continue to allow users to configure Windows 8 the way they like to work, it's manageable.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Win 7 / Win 8
    System Manufacturer/Model
    Lenovo T510 / HP ProBook 4540S
    CPU
    Intel i5-510m / Intel i3-3110m
    Memory
    4GB / 8GB
    Monitor(s) Displays
    15.6"