PC/Desktop
    System Manufacturer/Model
    Custom self built
    CPU
    Intel i7-8700K OC'd to 5 GHz
    Motherboard
    ASUS ROG Maximus XI Formula Z390
    Memory
    64 GB (4x16GB) G.SKILL TridentZ RGB DDR4 3600 MHz (F4-3600C18D-32GTZR)
    Graphics Card(s)
    ASUS ROG-STRIX-GTX1080TI-O11G-GAMING
    Sound Card
    Integrated Digital Audio (S/PDIF)
    Monitor(s) Displays
    2 x Samsung Odyssey G7 27"
    Screen Resolution
    2560x1440
    Hard Drives
    1TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2,
    4TB Samsung 990 PRO PRO M.2,
    8TB WD MyCloudEX2Ultra NAS
    PSU
    OCZ Series Gold OCZZ1000M 1000W
    Case
    Thermaltake Core P3
    Cooling
    Corsair Hydro H115i
    Keyboard
    Logitech wireless K800
    Mouse
    Logitech MX Master 3
    Internet Speed
    1 Gb/s Download and 35 Mb/s Upload
    Browser
    Internet Explorer 11
    Antivirus
    Malwarebyte Anti-Malware Premium
    Other Info
    Logitech Z625 speaker system,
    Logitech BRIO 4K Pro webcam,
    HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M477fdn,
    APC SMART-UPS RT 1000 XL - SURT1000XLI,
    Galaxy S23 Plus phone
What model TV is it? We can look up what the actual resolution is.

It's 1440 x 900.

CompUSA.com | LC195SL9 | Sylvania 19 Wide LCD HDTV 2x HDMI

Have you tried it on its VGA input? (If you can)
I would bet you get the correct res and no blur on the VGA. I had a similar problem with post processing with hdmi on an older Samsung TV. Where I could get native res on the VGA input (no processing) but blurred text on the HDMI even when I forced the native res (processed)

My Computer

System One

• OS
I can only do 1400x1050 and higher but it doesnt let me do 1140x900

also what exactly is VGA? :(

i really want my computer to look neat :c

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Vista
Hello Mansonx,

Since you have AMD graphics, you might play with the scaling options a bit to resize the display of the selected TV, then click on Apply. I have the steps numbered in order in the screenshot below to help. You may or may not need to use 4, so try with and without to see how you like it.

View attachment 10619

Hope this helps, :)
Shawn
I'm not sure if that works. I've had a problem where my 42" TV automatically underscans anything transmitted over HDMI, and fiddling with he scanning on my computer just gave me a blurry picture. Using VGA solved the problem, but made my Bluray drive useless.

won't let me do number 2 :( i can't select a tv?!

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Vista
1280X720 and above is still considered "HD".

VGA almost ensures that you have no postprocessing of the video input. So if your monitor is 1440x900, set your Windows resolution to that resolution. That's the best you can do. Besides the graphics card tweaking I mentioned and the adjustment of cleartype.

If after you choose VGA, set the 1440x900 resolution, do the graphics setting adjustments, and do the cleartype adjustment, and you still get a blurry image, then maybe it's just a bad TV. Remember, for HDMI, on that input select "game" mode.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro
I have it set to 1280x786

it does look a whole lot better using HDMI just the text seems kinda fuzzy. :(

how do i put it in GAME MODE?

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Vista
game mode is a TV setting. we don't have your TV instruction manual so you'll have to figure it out. your TV will have a number of modes. a default mode which is basic processing. some other processing modes are like a theater mode, a sports mode, a video mode. each of these modes are to make the picture look better for that type of event. there should be a game mode.

game mode was created because a lot of gamers complained that there was input latency (the delayed action between when you moved the game controller and when the result appeared on the screen). this latency was due to the time it took the TV to process the image and then show the image on the TV screen. game mode removes most of the processing so that the picture appears faster on the screen. this is why you want game mode for a computer because you don't want the TV's video processor to determine how your PC output should look like.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro
there is no reason why you should have your TV or PC set to 1080i. 1080i is a relic of old HD analog standards. PC outputs in progressive mode. by setting either to 1080i, you're going to get a bad picture because your video card is going to have to deinterlace the image. for a PC you should be setting any progressive resolution. for a standard resolution, 720P (1280x720) or 1080P (1920x1080) or any PC resolution supported by your monitor (1280x800, 1440x900, 1280x1024, 1600x1200, etc.).

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro
Back