Got Windows 8 32-bit Installed On Netbook, Most Tiles Don't Work

Hi all
For INTEL type of graphics cards there was a "Get around" which could "Upscale" the maximum video resolution to larger than the "physical" resolution on the netbook which would then allow the metro tiles / apps to work.

Here's a link to the post in the tablets etc section. Perhaps should be made a sticky ( Mods ?).

http://www.eightforums.com/tablet-t...ps-not-launching-enabling-side-side-apps.html

I'm sure that as this OS is (AFAIK) destined to be used primarily on tablets / mobile devices which have less than the current minimum resolution for W8 metro apps to work MS needs to look again at the Video requirements for Metro apps.

However this IS a preview edition -- not even Alpha or pre-beta beta and Ms wanted to enable people to start testing with "Bog standard PC's and laptops" as fast as possible.

Cheers
jimbo

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Linux Centos 7, W8.1, W7, W2K3 Server W10
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Monitor(s) Displays
    1 X LG 40 inch TV
    Hard Drives
    SSD's * 3 (Samsung 840 series) 250 GB
    2 X 3 TB sata
    5 X 1 TB sata
    Internet Speed
    0.12 GB/s (120Mb/s)
Have you tried to update your drivers? since Eee PC 1015PN is quite old one.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 7 x64 Home Premium / Commodore OS Vision / Windows 8 Release preview
    CPU
    AMD Athlon x2 Dual Core 7750 BE 2,7Ghz (2/4)
    Motherboard
    Asus M2N-e
    Memory
    4Gb
    Graphics Card(s)
    GIGABYTE (ATI) Radeon HD 6870 (1Gb)
    Sound Card
    Do i have one?
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Screen Resolution
    1x HD1080 1x SXGA
    Hard Drives
    1x Samsung 500 Gb
    1x Samsung 30 Gb
    1x LaCie 1Tb Hard drive.
    PSU
    Antec 500W
    Case
    Antec three hundred
    Cooling
    3 fans + psu and cpu + gpu
    Keyboard
    Logitech G19
    Mouse
    CM Storm Xornet
    Internet Speed
    110mb/ s
    Other Info
    Look, what i've created... just a few visits at the recyclement center was enough...
I will throw my Dell laptop in the mix. Tiles were working on 32 bit "keep the programs" downloaded as an ISO from MSoft. Now have stopped. Res is above 1024 and I do not use Avast. If I click on a tile, it goes full screen with that tile, but no app runs. Then is a second or two, back to the Start screen. This is for the 'live' or other tiles. All of my personal program tiles do work.

I was going to re-install also, but see that might not fix it. Maybe i should re-install Windows 7 and then do the upgrade again?

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8 Pro
Back