First Windows 8 M3 screenshots of Aero Lite UI

The very first screenshots of Windows 8 running on the Aero Lite UI have finally surfaced. At first glance, you may not notice much difference. You can click on the screenshots to enlarge them.

You will notice right away that there is a much “flatter” look, similar to the Metro UI seen on Windows Phone 7. Only some of the Metro UI elements revealed yesterday are found in these screenshots. For example, the back and forward buttons remain default, but the set of buttons in the top-right hand corner of almost every Windows has sported the “Metro UI” look. It is likely that the Aero Lite UI is still being worked on.

In addition to these screenshots, winreview.ru also suggested that this may be the new basic Aero theme – drawn from the conclusion of the name. Features such as Aero Peek and Window Thumbnails are still preserved.

Although these screenshots may not be overly exciting, these screenshots give us further confirmation of the rumors and leaks we have recently witnessed.

At this moment, Windows 8 RTM estimates are still sketchy, with most clues hinting towards a date sometime in 2012.

Source: First Windows 8 M3 screenshots of Aero Lite UI | Windows 8 Center

Anyone else notice the user in the original link doesn't actually have an Aero theme highlighted? It's Basic of the Basic and High Contrast themes section, possibly leading to the 'dull' feel no?

I call shenanigans that those are Aero enabled screenies of any variant.

There are aero screens available for viewing on the internet, just not of that build ;)

Also, those screens that have winreview.ru stamped on them are from a very trusted source that does have Windows 8 ;)

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 7
    System Manufacturer/Model
    Vostro
    CPU
    AMD Sempron 3600+
    Graphics Card(s)
    ATI Radeon Xpress 1150
    Screen Resolution
    1200 x 800
    Hard Drives
    WD Scorpio Blue 500 GB
I'm not discounting it's windows 8, i'm doubting aero being enabled. Look what theme is highlighted enabled...
Maybe i'm in the wrong for thinking there's a connection between Aero Light UI and an Aero enabled desktop.

But then they say this:
In addition to these screenshots, winreview.ru also suggested that this may be the new basic Aero theme – drawn from the conclusion of the name

How is that conclusion drawn when looking at what theme is enabled and what section it's in? *shrug*
I'm probably just being a naysayer :)

My Computer

System One

• OS
    7 Ultimate x64 Host / Windows 8 Preview Guest
    System Manufacturer/Model
    Custom
    CPU
    i5-2500k
    Motherboard
    Asus P8Z68-V Pro Gen3
    Memory