Educators Across the US Adopt Windows 8 to Help Make Stude

REDMOND, Wash. — March 27, 2013 — Microsoft Corp. today announced that 10 K–12 school districts and higher-education institutions have signed on to use Windows 8 for more than 540,000 students and faculty to prepare students for futures in college and careers. Microsoft’s expanding community of Windows 8 education adopters now includes Apollo Group, Atlanta Public Schools, Barry University, Fargo Public Schools, Fresno Unified School District, Jackson-Madison County School System, Pace University, San Antonio Independent School District, Thomas College and Tuckahoe Common School District.

Educators Across the US Adopt Windows 8 to Help Make Students College-Ready and Career-Ready

Actually, I agree with you that parents foot a decent amount of the blame here, but there's the reality (at least in the US) that if you pay $60K+ for one job (non-teaching) and $25-35K for another (aka, starting salary for most teachers across the US, as an average), which ones are going to get filled first, and which ones are going to get the more qualified workers? Again, I reiterate that I would agree it almost always includes either blame or credit to the parents for a child's academic achievement, but the lack of an actual well-rounded education at the primary and post-primary levels is also severely hurting generations of students. A parent should be expected (and be responsible for) pushing their kids to do well in schools, but they shouldn't necessarily also be expected to provide the education that was once provided by the school system as well. Just my 2/100ths of a dollar, of course.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 x64
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    System Manufacturer/Model
    Custom
    CPU
    Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4.5GHz
    Motherboard
    Asus Maximus Hero VII