Downgrade 8 to 7 on Acer Aspire AXC-603G-UW31 I Need Help!

OS

Acer told me that I couldn't make a restore disk. The one I made when I bought this would not work after installing Linux. It never showed up in the F12 boot log. The one I purchased worked as advertised. So, you're saying I don't have to perform the DOS flash, OK. There are three items in that download DOS Flash, EFI Flash and Windows Flash utility.
Which of those do I do or do I perform both?
Thanks,
In the meantime, I'll do another restore to bring back the F12 option

JWelk

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    System Manufacturer/Model
    Aspire AXC603GUW13
    CPU
    Intel j1900
    Memory
    4.0 G
    Browser
    Mozilla
    Antivirus
    Avast
Thank you Rainey222
Currently loading the drivers, but all seems to be well. A bit of reading between the lines to delete the HD partitions, and setting in the Advance column. Of the BIOS firmware, I ended up only installing the Windows Flash Utility.
This is a great thread.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Aspire AXC603GUW13
    CPU
    Intel j1900
    Memory
    4.0 G
    Browser
    Mozilla
    Antivirus
    Avast
OK this is now 8/29/2016, all of the links I have tried are no longer working...

I have one of these that I was given as the Hard Drive had failed, so I want to use this little computer for small jobs but could not install Win7 and in searching for answers found this site and this OLD thread, (a year is a long time in computer life..)

So any updates?? I seem to need a BIOS and some drivers, and it seems these are now gone.

So can any one help me??

Rich

My Computer

System One

• OS
    win7
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Aspire XC
    CPU
    UK

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Win 8.1
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Lenovo
    CPU
    i7 Quad
    Memory
    16gig ram
    Graphics Card(s)
    2gig Nvidia
    Hard Drives
    Samsung Evo SSD
    Internet Speed
    fast enough
Not one thing in this thread or in any other I have found will allow win7 to be installed on my ACEr TC 105. I get a cd/dvd driver missing, error and that is is. Even the info on ACER's site is the same. "You will use windows 10 if you want to change from WIN 8 or you will die." simple as that.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    None it won't load
Back