Difference Between Windows 7 and 8

Many people don't like change. A great many that complain haven't even used it. It's the same issue with Vista really. The new layout is not difficult at all once you get used to it. I haven't even bothered to use keyboard shortcuts lately. The mouse works just fine within the new interface. That is unless maybe you have an older mouse with a 200-400 dpi or a ball mouse or something.

There's nothing wrong with Vista now. Was mostly fixed by SP1. When it was first released, one of the biggest issues was OEMs installing the OS on hardware that couldn't run it optimally. On top of that, many companies would fail to create proper working drivers for it (creative is a good example). NOT saying that MS wasn't at least partially responsible for it crashing and burning upon release, but there are many other factors. XP had many of the same issues when it was first released, by the way, and wasn't really that good until SP2.

7 is in fact Vista.1 (windows 6.1) and is simply a better optimized Vista with a different task bar. I also remember people griping about the new taskbar in 7, despite the fact that it's so much better. People will get used to the start screen. It simply takes time. Those that don't, well, at least they tried it and didn't like it. By that point, 3rd party start menus work well, I guess.
I am sorry but I do not agree with the mentality that change is always good and that people must accept it. Also the notion the we will eventually get used to it is wrong.

The wheel has been around for thousands of years and has not changed in basic design. All that has happened is it has been refined. Windows has been around for years and it has been refined but windows 8 comes along and redesigned the wheel into a square one; Perfect for parking without a hand brake and this square wheel has dampening systems that give you a good and smooth ride. You just have to get used to this new square wheel. Eventually you will learn to use it.

Well I still after all these years cannot come to grips with the HORRID RIBBON interface that is totally UNintuitive and takes up screen space and you expect me to accept the METRO interface?

Change for change sake is not good. Change for progress is good. As a product designer I can tell you that some things are so perfectly designed or suited to their environment that at best you can only refine them and not change them grossly like with METRO. METRO is purely designed for smartphones and tablets and not suitable for PC use. Some of the things that have not changed or changed very little (Refined) are the following: Sharks, cockroaches, knife, fork, wheel; Are a few designs. Sharks cannot live on land as they were designed for aquatic life but MS comes along and says "We have designed this new shark to live on land in a special aquarium". But you may say that what good is the shark in an aquarium? MS replies: "It will get used to it".

Get my drift?
How do you come to the conclusion that the metro design of Windows 8 is ONLY suited for small screens?

And OH BOY! The Ribbon being unintuitive? When you have literally every relevant command available in one mouse click versus hovering over drop down menus and trying to search for the relevant command, the Ribbon prevails. It's something I would rather watch the world end versus having to go back to that UI model! :sick:

Now, I don't think Windows 8 reinvented the wheel, it's more like phase one of a jet engine to allow for flying cars versus needing wheels, who says roads are always the best way to get to point A to point B when you can take the shortest route by air?
At least apple's CEO tim cook agrees with this... :)

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    System Manufacturer/Model
    ASUS
    CPU
    AMD FX 8320
    Motherboard
    Crosshair V Formula-Z
    Memory
    16 gig DDR3
    Graphics Card(s)
    ASUS R9 270
    Screen Resolution
    1440x900
    Hard Drives
    1 TB Seagate Barracuda (starting to hate Seagate)
    x2 3 TB Toshibas
    Windows 8.1 is installed on a SanDisk Ultra Plus 256 GB
    PSU
    OCZ 500 watt
    Case
    A current work in progres as I'll be building the physical case myself. It shall be fantastic.
    Cooling
    Arctic Cooler with 3 heatpipes
    Keyboard
    Logitech K750 wireless solar powered keyboard
    Mouse
    Microsoft Touch Mouse
    Browser
    Internet Explorer 11
    Antivirus
    Windows Defender, but I might go back on KIS 2014
How do you come to the conclusion that the metro design of Windows 8 is ONLY suited for small screens?
Not Small screens I said TOUCH screens"

And OH BOY! The Ribbon being unintuitive? When you have literally every relevant command available in one mouse click versus hovering over drop down menus and trying to search for the relevant command, the Ribbon prevails. It's something I would rather watch the world end versus having to go back to that UI model! :sick:

Now, I don't think Windows 8 reinvented the wheel, it's more like phase one of a jet engine to allow for flying cars versus needing wheels, who says roads are always the best way to get to point A to point B when you can take the shortest route by air?
No wonder they fired the guy who developed METRO! :) As for RIBBON? Well let me put it this way: It takes up needed screen space and it is a purely symbol based interface. Imagine if a friend using ribbon called you and asks for help because he cannot find how to change the font or how to do whatever. What are you going to tell him? Press the symbol that looks like "x" and then find a symbol that looks like "y" ........

I can see by your siggy that you are a die hard windows 8 supporter and that no criticism of win 8 will be tollerated so I will leave it at that! Have a nice day! :)

My Computer

System One

• OS
    win 7
    CPU
    i7 920
    Motherboard
    asus
    Memory
    6 gb
    Graphics Card(s)
    GTX 560
Well I still after all these years cannot come to grips with the HORRID RIBBON interface that is totally UNintuitive and takes up screen space and you expect me to accept the METRO interface?

Wha? I just... yeah, I can't even... yeah.

Change for change sake is not good. Change for progress is good. As a product designer I can tell you that some things are so perfectly designed or suited to their environment that at best you can only refine them and not change them grossly like with METRO.

Hmm. Perhaps you're right. I mean, MS made a drastic change with Windows '95. "A Sta...rt Menu? Wha? DOS is just so much better and faster. Screw MS for designing that infernal thing!" Why change what isn't broken? Lots and lots of people were satisfied with DOS and some wish things were back to the good 'ol days.

METRO is purely designed for smartphones and tablets and not suitable for PC use.

More misinformation. If you simply don't like it, fine. Saying something like this just makes it seem like you haven't even touched the OS.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Professional x64
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    CPU
    i7 920 2.66GHz (OC to 3.8GHz)
    Motherboard
    MSI Pro x58
    Memory
    6GB OCZ Gold
    Graphics Card(s)
    Two GTX 460s in SLI
    Sound Card
    Xonar DX
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Acer 21.5" Display
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1080
    PSU
    Corsair 750tx
    Case
    Xclio Windtunnel
    Cooling
    Noctua NH-D14
Too many fanboys here! MS will be proud of you guys. Leaving now. BYE!!!!

My Computer

System One

• OS
    win 7
    CPU
    i7 920
    Motherboard
    asus
    Memory
    6 gb
    Graphics Card(s)
    GTX 560
What do you expect, it's Windows Eight Forums! Not Windows Hate Forums! :D

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    ASUS
    CPU
    AMD FX 8320
    Motherboard
    Crosshair V Formula-Z
    Memory
    16 gig DDR3
    Graphics Card(s)
    ASUS R9 270
    Screen Resolution
    1440x900
    Hard Drives
    x2 3 TB Toshibas
    PSU
    OCZ 500 watt
    Case
    A current work in progres as I'll be building the physical case myself. It shall be fantastic.
    Cooling
    Keyboard
    Mouse
    Microsoft Touch Mouse
    Browser
    Internet Explorer 11
    Antivirus
OK slap each others backs and be proud of the fact that you ignore any criticism of windows 8. You are like the religions that have all the answers and do not allow questions.

No matter what people say you will insist that windows 8 is perfect and METRO is the way to go. Well MS is killing the PC market. Why don't you tell us why they fired the man who developed your precious METRO UI? :p

My Computer

System One

• OS
    win 7
    CPU
    i7 920
    Motherboard
    asus
    Memory
    6 gb
    Graphics Card(s)
    GTX 560
OK slap each others backs and be proud of the fact that you ignore any criticism of windows 8. You are like the religions that have all the answers and do not allow questions.

No matter what people say you will insist that windows 8 is perfect and METRO is the way to go. Well MS is killing the PC market. Why don't you tell us why they fired the man who developed your precious METRO UI? :p

No one's insisting Windows 8 is perfect.

And the desktop PC market is killing itself, people don't really look for desktops anymore, people want laptop PCs. Actually, demand for touchscreen AIO PCs are in real high demand right now and PC makers can't keep up with demand.

They fired Sinofsky because of the limited app snap abilities. :p

You will find that some here people have used Windows 8 for over a year now, from using the Developer Preview from September 2011 and on. People that you call fanboys are just people that figured out Windows 8 front to back and tiles and UNDERSTAND the changes, versus denying the need for them and demanding Windows 7 and nothing less.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    ASUS
    CPU
    AMD FX 8320
    Motherboard
    Crosshair V Formula-Z
    Memory
    16 gig DDR3
    Graphics Card(s)
    ASUS R9 270
    Screen Resolution
    1440x900
    Hard Drives
    x2 3 TB Toshibas
    PSU
    OCZ 500 watt
    Case
    Cooling
    Keyboard
    Mouse
    Microsoft Touch Mouse
    Browser
    Internet Explorer 11
    Antivirus
Not Small screens I said TOUCH screens"

No wonder they fired the guy who developed METRO! :) As for RIBBON? Well let me put it this way: It takes up needed screen space and it is a purely symbol based interface. Imagine if a friend using ribbon called you and asks for help because he cannot find how to change the font or how to do whatever. What are you going to tell him? Press the symbol that looks like "x" and then find a symbol that looks like "y" ........

I can see by your siggy that you are a die hard windows 8 supporter and that no criticism of win 8 will be tollerated so I will leave it at that! Have a nice day! :)
Well, I'm using Windows 8 with a mouse..... sometimes use it with a keyboard.... Just like how I did with Windows 7..... Only difference is that the start menu turned into a screen of tiles and is more visual and graphical, which was the point of having a mouse way back then with the GUI.

There is always hiding the Ribbon, and only using it when you need to use it. Problem solved.
If a friend of mine called to ask how to change the font (which would be impossible nowadays, I don't personally know anyone who doesn't use the Ribbon let alone revert back to the file menu UI). But, if asked, I would tell them to highlight the text, a small translucent box will appear which you can mouse over to change the font and size. Or, you can go over the Font section of the Home tab, there will be a box that says Calibri, click into that box and type Times New Roman. Done.

It's easier to describe symbols versus going over drop down menu after drop down menu to find the Font... section if you don't know what it's under to begin with. I honestly can't tell you how to change the font with Word 2003 anymore. Don't need to, don't want to.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    ASUS
    CPU
    AMD FX 8320
    Motherboard
    Crosshair V Formula-Z
    Memory
    16 gig DDR3
    Graphics Card(s)
    ASUS R9 270
    Screen Resolution
    1440x900
    Hard Drives
    x2 3 TB Toshibas
    PSU
    OCZ 500 watt
    Case
    Cooling
    Keyboard
    Mouse
    Microsoft Touch Mouse
    Browser
    Internet Explorer 11
    Antivirus
...They fired Sinofsky because of the limited app snap abilities. :p...

Hmm, isn't Mr. Sinofsky's itself that wanted to quit Microsoft?

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 10 Pro x64
    Computer type
    Laptop
    Lenovo Y520
    CPU
    Intel Core i5 7300HQ
    Motherboard
    OEM Lenovo
    Memory
    4GB DDR4-2400
    Graphics Card(s)
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050
    Sound Card
    Realtek HD
    Monitor(s) Displays
    1 (2)
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1080
    Hard Drives
    Seagate 1TB 5400 RPM
    Keyboard
    OEM Lenovo
    Mouse
    Logitech G502 Proteus Core
    Internet Speed
    100 Mbps
    Browser
    Google Chrome
    Other Info
    PC:

AMD Athlon X4 760K
    8GB DDR3-1866
    AMD Radeon RX 460
    Seagate 500 GB 7200 RPM

I don't like Windows 8 at first, needed for about 2 months to gain likeness to Windows 8.
Then more positive reviews of the RP surfaced, "Flash for Metro IE" ; "More performance gain than CP"; I liked Windows 8 more.
Then reviews of the RTM surfaced, "More performance than RP" but "No Aero Glass on RTM" let's me down.

But after I get my own Windows 8,
Learning it just takes approximately 2 hours

I'm not a fanboy, because I criticized Windows 8 too.
But you must learn to use Windows 8, it may be not great for non-touch, but with Classic Shell you used with Windows 7, windows 8 is just as great (or better) to Windows 7.

You don't believe I'm not a Fanboy?
CONS of Windows 8:
* No Aero Glass
* No built-in option to use Start Menu
* I admit, my experience of Windows 8 in Start Screen isn't that great
* What I really don't like is how to close Metro Apps

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 10 Pro x64
    Computer type
    Laptop
    Lenovo Y520
    CPU
    Intel Core i5 7300HQ
    Motherboard
    OEM Lenovo
    Memory
    4GB DDR4-2400
    Graphics Card(s)
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050
    Sound Card
    Realtek HD
    Monitor(s) Displays
    1 (2)
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1080
    Hard Drives
    Seagate 1TB 5400 RPM
    Keyboard
    OEM Lenovo
    Mouse
    Logitech G502 Proteus Core
    Internet Speed
    100 Mbps
    Browser
    Google Chrome
    Other Info
    PC:

AMD Athlon X4 760K
    8GB DDR3-1866
    AMD Radeon RX 460
    Seagate 500 GB 7200 RPM

Hey, fair go, matey.

Some (quite a few, actually) of us 'hated' Win 8 at first. I know, I was one of them.

Some still do, but remain here to advise and help others.

And yes, we do have a few fanbois. Most of 'em are OK, tho, in their own ways.

But the majority of us are only here to discuss and solve problems, and to help people with them.

If you're having Win 8 problems, this IS the place to come to.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8 Enterprise 64-bit (7 Ult, Vista & XP in V-Box)
    Acer Aspire Ethos AS8951G 'Super-Laptop'.
    CPU
    Intel Sandy-Bridge i7-2670QM quad-core
    Motherboard
    Acer
    Memory
    8GB DDR3
    Graphics Card(s)
    Intel 3000HD / Ge-Force GT555M 2 gigs
    Sound Card
    Realtek/5.1 Dolby built-in including speakers.
    Monitor(s) Displays
    18.4" full-HD
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1024
    Hard Drives
    2x750GB Toshiba internal, 1x500GB Seagate external, 1x2TB Seagate external, 1x640GB Toshiba pocket-drive, 1x640GB Samsung pocket drive.
    PSU
    Stock
    Case
    Laptop
    Cooling
    Air-cooled
    Mouse
    I/R cordless.
    Internet Speed
    Borderline pathetic.
The wheel has been around for thousands of years and has not changed in basic design.

Actually, the wheel has changed a lot. But, the fact is, this is a bad comparison, because a wheel is the only possibly way to have means of conveyance where some part of it has to touch ground. There are solutions like tank treads, and rails, but they still use wheels as their basic system. The only other solutions are air, magnetic, hover, etc.. none of them use wheels, but they don't touch the ground either.

Actually, the Ribbon and Metro are both designed to address similar problems. And that's scalability, both of function and input type. Microsoft has written a lot on how Metro was designed to address the problem of constantly growing menus and how things were so buried nobody knew where to find anything. All of the top requests for users were functions that actually existed already, but nobody knew how to find them because the menus were a maze.

The start page addresses a similar problem.. that of a growing number of apps. With the advent of the windows store, people can easily have thousands of apps installed, and menus become way too difficult to maneuver. In addition, menus are very difficult for handicapped and elderly people to use, and are horrible with touch interfaces.

Maybe the start page is not the best possible solution, but for many things it's a far better solution than menus. The same is true of the Ribbon. Some day, they will probably find a better solution, but today there hasn't been one devised.

Change for change sake is not good. Change for progress is good.

Neither the ribbon or Metro are change for the sake of change. They address very real problems. Some of those problems are problems that are expected to occur, and you may not realize yet what they're for.. but you certainly would if left in the old way of doing things.

As a product designer I can tell you that some things are so perfectly designed or suited to their environment that at best you can only refine them and not change them grossly like with METRO. METRO is purely designed for smartphones and tablets and not suitable for PC use.

If you are truly a product designer, then you should be able to understand Microsofts reasons for doing what they've done. You should also be aware of the fact that sometimes you have to make compromises to address the whole of the system, rather than catering to a small minority.

Microsoft expects to sell orders of magnitude more touch based devices than all desktop PC's ever created over the next decade, and the desktop users will want their desktops to behave more like the devices they use most of the time (their phones and tablets).

A large part of the problem is that Microsoft is anticipating what is coming, and many people will not see the need today for it. They will in the future, however.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro
    CPU
    Intel i7 3770K
    Motherboard
    Gigabyte Z77X-UD4 TH
    Memory
    16GB DDR3 1600
    Graphics Card(s)
    nVidia GTX 650
    Sound Card
    Onboard Audio
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Auria 27" IPS + 2x Samsung 23"
    Screen Resolution
    2560x1440 + 2x 2048x1152
    Hard Drives
    Corsair m4 256GB, 2 WD 2TB drives
    Case
    Antec SOLO II
    Keyboard
    Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000
    Mouse
    Logitech MX
I was warned by students not to bother posting in win 8 forums because any negative criticism is not accepted. I feel like i have entered into some fanatic church!

Enjoy your win8 I am sticking with win 7 + Classic Shell. Also I do not want to turn my PC into a tablet nor a smartphone. Win 8 with smartphones and Tablets will be OK but with PCs? No way! The majority of the PC users worldwide will stick with 7.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    win 7
    CPU
    i7 920
    Motherboard
    asus
    Memory
    6 gb
    Graphics Card(s)
    GTX 560
A large part of the problem is that Microsoft is anticipating what is coming, and many people will not see the need today for it. They will in the future, however.
That's all good, but Microsoft needs to realize that most of us, whilst enjoying the anticipation of the future, still actually live and operate in the present with a plethora of non-touch screen based laptops and desktop systems. If something isn't working well for us at present, it's not a good solution. For this reason, I am indeed thankful that they left the desktop in play in Windows 8. Without it, Windows 8 would currently have limited use on the "desktop". I do feel a bit sorry for mouse users who may have RSI. There's an awful lot of having to "swoop" the mouse, sometimes across the entire screen, in Metro just to accomplish a task. Lovely for a touch screen. Horrid for mouse or simple touch pad.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Win 7 / Win 8
    Lenovo T510 / HP ProBook 4540S
    CPU
    Intel i5-510m / Intel i3-3110m
    Memory
    4GB / 8GB
    Monitor(s) Displays
    15.6"
That's all good, but Microsoft needs to realize that most of us, whilst enjoying the anticipation of the future, still actually live and operate in the present with a plethora of non-touch screen based laptops and desktop systems.

Then don't use it. It's really that simple. There is no need to use Windows 8 right now if you don't want to. Windows 7 will be supported until 2019. By then, there will likely be at least two new versions of Windows.

I do feel a bit sorry for mouse users who may have RSI. There's an awful lot of having to "swoop" the mouse, sometimes across the entire screen, in Metro just to accomplish a task. Lovely for a touch screen. Horrid for mouse or simple touch pad.

There are alternative ways to do anything. If you can't do a gesture, there are shortcuts or other ways.. typically there is at least 3 or 4 ways to do almost anything.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro
    CPU
    Intel i7 3770K
    Motherboard
    Gigabyte Z77X-UD4 TH
    Memory
    16GB DDR3 1600
    Graphics Card(s)
    nVidia GTX 650
    Sound Card
    Onboard Audio
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Screen Resolution
    2560x1440 + 2x 2048x1152
    Hard Drives
    Case
    Antec SOLO II
    Keyboard
    Mouse
    Logitech MX

So you're backpedaling then? Okay. Yeah, we're fanboys for actually giving the OS a chance and trying to correct the loads of misinformation that spreads like wild fire. I did the same thing with Vista and find 7 to be superior to it. I suppose I'm a Vista fanboy as well. :rolleyes:

Before I tried 8, I had the same problems you guys did. I thought it was going to be a cumbersome mess and wanted nothing to do with that dumb looking, phisher price start screen. It looked stupid as hell. The commercials didn't help. Then I read this review:

Windows 8 review | Operating systems Reviews | TechRadar

which got me to try it out and was pleasantly surprised. The Sports App is especially useful if you follow any sports. After messing with it for a while, I made the switch. There's a reason it's called Windows 6.2. It's basically a more efficient 7 (hardware resources. productivity is another debate, though I think it's just as productive). The Desktop is largely the same. File Explorer takes care of any file exploring needs. The "Computer" on the start menu in 7 is redundant. The Windows Explorer icon on the taskbar takes you there with as many clicks.

The start menu has been around since Windows 95. We've had over 15 years to get used to it. This new start screen will take a bit of time, like any new interface, but once people get used to it, it's a breeze.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Professional x64
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    CPU
    i7 920 2.66GHz (OC to 3.8GHz)
    Motherboard
    MSI Pro x58
    Memory
    6GB OCZ Gold
    Graphics Card(s)
    Two GTX 460s in SLI
    Sound Card
    Xonar DX
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Acer 21.5" Display
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1080
    PSU
    Corsair 750tx
    Case
    Xclio Windtunnel
    Cooling
    Noctua NH-D14
That's all good, but Microsoft needs to realize that most of us, whilst enjoying the anticipation of the future, still actually live and operate in the present with a plethora of non-touch screen based laptops and desktop systems.

Then don't use it. It's really that simple. There is no need to use Windows 8 right now if you don't want to. Windows 7 will be supported until 2019. By then, there will likely be at least two new versions of Windows.
Cool. As long as MS "allows" us to buy laptops with something else, or at least easily put something else on them.

There are alternative ways to do anything. If you can't do a gesture, there are shortcuts or other ways.. typically there is at least 3 or 4 ways to do almost anything.
OK, I hadn't seen those published for Windows 8. But I can check into those. Particular to see what Metro apps are running, close an app, or pop up the charms, etc.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Win 7 / Win 8
    Lenovo T510 / HP ProBook 4540S
    CPU
    Intel i5-510m / Intel i3-3110m
    Memory
    4GB / 8GB
    Monitor(s) Displays
    15.6"

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro
    CPU
    Intel i7 3770K
    Motherboard
    Gigabyte Z77X-UD4 TH
    Memory
    16GB DDR3 1600
    Graphics Card(s)
    nVidia GTX 650
    Sound Card
    Onboard Audio
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Screen Resolution
    2560x1440 + 2x 2048x1152
    Hard Drives
    Case
    Antec SOLO II
    Keyboard
    Mouse
    Logitech MX
I'm going to interrup all this disagreeing, You see I'm one of those people that must have that latest things..... So i gave W8 a try and did not like it. I'm ganna try again but this time install one of those start button things.
Which one is a good program, i still want to be able to access metro at times..

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro with Media Center 64bit
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Custom Build
    CPU
    Intel Core 2 duo E7200 @2.53GHz 2.27GHz
    Motherboard
    Gigabyte EP43DS3
    Memory
    4GB Ram
    Graphics Card(s)
    ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series
    Screen Resolution
    1680 x 1050
    Keyboard
    Microsoft Wireless Keyboard 800
    Mouse
    Microsoft Wireless Mouse 1000
    Browser
    Internet Explorer 11
    Antivirus
    Windows Defender
I'm going to interrup all this disagreeing, You see I'm one of those people that must have that latest things..... So i gave W8 a try and did not like it. I'm ganna try again but this time install one of those start button things.
Which one is a good program, i still want to be able to access metro at times..

That's a personal preference issue.
You may have to try several to find one you like.

I thought that "Classic Shell" was pretty good. :)

Several people have recommend "Ex7ForW8".
http://www.eightforums.com/general-...-windows-8-experience-going-7.html#post154853

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 (64 bit), Linux Mint 18.3 MATE (64 bit)
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    n/a
    CPU
    AMD Phenom II x6 1055T, 2.8 GHz
    Motherboard
    ASRock 880GMH-LE/USB3
    Memory
    8GB DDR3 1333 G-Skill Ares F3-1333C9D-8GAO (4GB x 2)
    Graphics Card(s)
    ATI Radeon HD6450
    Sound Card
    Realtek?
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Samsung S23B350
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1080
    Hard Drives
    Western Digital 1.5 TB (SATA), Western Digital 2 TB (SATA), Western Digital 3 TB (SATA)
    Case
    Tower
    Mouse
    Wired Optical
    Other Info
    Linux Mint 16 MATE (64 bit) replaced with Linux Mint 17 MATE (64 bit) - 2014-05-17
    Linux Mint 14 MATE (64 bit) replaced with Linux Mint 16 MATE (64 bit) - 2013-11-13
    Ubuntu 10.04 (64 bit) replaced with Linux Mint 14 MATE (64 bit) - 2013-01-14
    RAM & Graphics Card Upgraded - 2013-01-13
    Monitor Upgraded - 2012-04-20
    System Upgraded - 2011-05-21, 2010-07-14
    HDD Upgraded - 2010-08-11, 2011-08-24,
Back