Creating image fails - says not enough space

The best backup occurs on schedule in the background without having the user to worry about it (i.e. "set it and forget it"). Requiring user to log off, boot from some kind of medium and backup the system manually is an inferior approach, albeit some people certainly prefer this awkward routine.

Vadim

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8 Pro x64
    Computer type
    Laptop
    System Manufacturer/Model
    HP Pavilion dv7t (17.3'', i7-2630QM, HD 6770M 1Gb, 8Gb RAM, 2 SSD@120Gb + 1 HDD@750Gb)
The best backup occurs on schedule in the background without having the user to worry about it (i.e. "set it and forget it"). Requiring user to log off, boot from some kind of medium and backup the system manually is an inferior approach, albeit some people certainly prefer this awkward routine.

Vadim

Hi there
if it works that's fine -- however if it doesn't then in order to get a reliable backup you need another approach.

Actually even using Acronis in the background I've never had any problems with it but I most certainly have had with the built in Windows system - and also PARAGON which also bombed because of VSS messages.

I've also had problems with trying a Bare Metal restore with a windows image created by the standard windows facility -- the Acronis images have without exception always worked. A Backup is of no use unless it's tested and is 100% reliable.

Cheers
jimbo

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Linux Centos 7, W8.1, W7, W2K3 Server W10
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Monitor(s) Displays
    1 X LG 40 inch TV
    Hard Drives
    SSD's * 3 (Samsung 840 series) 250 GB