Solved Could not find recovery environment

Doesn't work :( I made some changes to the BIOS a while ago, should I reset it to default?

Or do you think I need to use the Windows RE from the 400MB (Win 8) partition instead of the 450MB (Win8.1) one?

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 (64-bit)
    Computer type
    Laptop
    System Manufacturer/Model
    Acer Aspire V3-772g
Doesn't work. I made some changes to the BIOS a while ago, should I reset it to default?

If you can access the recovery options, then there is no problem with the bios settings.

Or do you think I need to use the Windows RE from the 400MB (Win 8) partition instead of the 450MB (Win8.1) one?

I do not know the answer to that question.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 10
    Computer type
    Laptop
    Lenovo G580
    CPU
    Intel Core i5-3230M
    Memory
    8 GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    Intel HD Graphics 4000
    Browser
    Microsoft Edge
    Antivirus
    Windows Defender, standard user account
    Other Info
    UEFI firmware (BIOS) embedded Windows 8 product key.
Doesn't work. I made some changes to the BIOS a while ago, should I reset it to default?

If you can access the recovery options, then there is no problem with the bios settings.

I do not know the answer to that question.

The problem seems much more complicated. I can boot from the recovery drive, but when trying to refresh I get the message that the destination drive is locked. Does anyone know what that is about?

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 (64-bit)
    Computer type
    Laptop
    Acer Aspire V3-772g
I have the exact same problem. Though I can't figure out how to deal with it looking at the instructions. Untitled-1.jpg
This is my disk structure. My laptop is a N550JV I've upgraded Win 8 from Asus to Win 8.1. If I try to reset, Windows says, a required partition is missing. Though I haven't deleted anything. Just because of the update and incorrect recovery disk mapping.

I wonder if I can reset directly to Windows 8.1? That way or else I appreciate if someone can briefly but simply explain how to correct it step by step. (I don't have and recovery disks created- only have what is present on the laptop hdd)

Thank you

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 (Updated from 8)
My laptop is a N550JV I've upgraded Win 8 from Asus to Win 8.1. If I try to reset, Windows says, a required partition is missing.

If you have an ASUS computer, then you should use the Asus Backtracker utility.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 10
    Computer type
    Laptop
    Lenovo G580
    CPU
    Intel Core i5-3230M
    Memory
    8 GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    Intel HD Graphics 4000
    Browser
    Microsoft Edge
    Antivirus
    Other Info
I used backtracker to create a recovery usb. I cant start the pc from USB. Even if I want to setup windows from a licenced Windows DVD, there is no boot option for this. ESC doesnt work. Where do you think that s enabled? How shall I start the recovery procedure?

My Computer

System One

• OS

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 10
    Computer type
    Laptop
    Lenovo G580
    CPU
    Intel Core i5-3230M
    Memory
    8 GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    Intel HD Graphics 4000
    Browser
    Microsoft Edge
    Antivirus
    Other Info
I don't have a formattable 16 gb usb so I used a 64 gb sd card. I ve reached finally to the boot from usb options in setup. (By changing some setting like "launch csm" Boot options appeared in setup then) But there isn't any option for sd card.

Isn't this backtracker software creating some bootable data or is the sd card a problem here?

I have one more question: in one of the posts some of the friends succeeded by changing recovery partition id's (some long hex numbers) I wonder if those numbers the same for all computers or we just find our own values somewhere.

thank you

My Computer

System One

• OS
I don't have a formattable 16 gb usb so I used a 64 gb sd card.

You will need to use a USB flash drive.

in one of the posts some of the friends succeeded by changing recovery partition id's

Your hard drive recovery partitions ID's are correct (see screenshot below).

Untitled-1.jpg

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 10
    Computer type
    Laptop
    Lenovo G580
    CPU
    Intel Core i5-3230M
    Memory
    8 GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    Intel HD Graphics 4000
    Browser
    Microsoft Edge
    Antivirus
    Other Info
If you like, base on your screen shot, you could try to open the Admin command

1. diskpart
  2. select disk 0
  3. select partition 1
  4. assign letter=R
  5. exit
  6. reagentc.exe /setreimage /path R:\Recovery\WindowsRE /target C:\windows
  7. Try create a recovery disk to see if it works

Good luck !!!

I followed these steps. I was looking at the recovery tools in the R partition moments after, and I got a BSOD. Upon reboot, I get

Checking media presence
no media present

To make matters worse, maybe one time out of ten will I be able to get the BIOS menu to come up. Worse STILL, I can't navigate the BIOS, with keyboard or mouse when I can get it to come up. Please help, I am in dire straights here.

My machine is a Toshiba Satellite S55-A i7-4700, 8GB Ram, Nvidia GT 740M

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1
Back