Continuous Beeping and Laggy Mouse

Hey guys i made an account so i could chime in. Ive been having this exact issue for a week here is my system.

Alienware 15 R2
i7 2.7 GHz 16gb ram
NVIDIA 980M
250 gb ssd 1TB storage.
I did just get the laptop about a week ago. I initially was getting a BSOD for iastora.sys which ended up being intel rapid storage driver issue. I called DELL and they installed a newer version of the BIOS (weird since i just got the laptop im surprised it wasnt already the newest one but whatever) the BSODS have stopped but i am still getting the laggy mouse. Here is what im doing when i get it.

If i close the lid for an extended length of time and open it then i move the mouse around and i click it with the touch pad and nothing happens and then the mouse will start beeping everytime i hit a button or move it and it will keep beeping until the mouse stops moving. DELL uninstalled the mouse and reinstalled it and it's still happening. I plugged an external wireless Logitech Mouse to see if that would fix it and it hasnt it still does it. It did happen to me 1 other time i was playing the division and ididnt have the lid closed and when i closed out of the game the house started to do the same thing until i held the reset button.
any suggesstions would be greatly appreciated.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 10
Hey guys i wanted to say i think ifound the issue. It happened to me this morning and i saw something weird a ! in the XINPUT HID in device manager... XBOX ONE Controller. im almost positive this is the issue. i then typed laggy beeping mouse xbox one controller and found many of the same issues. maybe it'd be the same with an xbox 360 controller as well because i notice people have been having this issue for awhile through many other operating systems.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 10
Hey guys i made an account so i could chime in. Ive been having this exact issue for a week here is my system.

Alienware 15 R2
i7 2.7 GHz 16gb ram
NVIDIA 980M
250 gb ssd 1TB storage.
I did just get the laptop about a week ago. I initially was getting a BSOD for iastora.sys which ended up being intel rapid storage driver issue. I called DELL and they installed a newer version of the BIOS (weird since i just got the laptop im surprised it wasnt already the newest one but whatever) the BSODS have stopped but i am still getting the laggy mouse. Here is what im doing when i get it.

If i close the lid for an extended length of time and open it then i move the mouse around and i click it with the touch pad and nothing happens and then the mouse will start beeping everytime i hit a button or move it and it will keep beeping until the mouse stops moving. DELL uninstalled the mouse and reinstalled it and it's still happening. I plugged an external wireless Logitech Mouse to see if that would fix it and it hasnt it still does it. It did happen to me 1 other time i was playing the division and ididnt have the lid closed and when i closed out of the game the house started to do the same thing until i held the reset button.

Same issue.
My issue always happens while I'm on the desktop after playing The Division as well. I'm also using an Xbox One controller when I play.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 10

Alienware 15 R2
i7 2.7 GHz 16gb ram
NVIDIA 980M
250 gb ssd 1TB storage.

Same issue.
My issue always happens while I'm on the desktop after playing The Division as well. I'm also using an Xbox One controller when I play.
Yes me as well. Im using Xbox one elite controller. happens upon opening the lid but it happens when i close the division sometimes as well. i use a wireless dongle for xbox one on the laptop. i use a different xbox one elite controller on my desktop but its wired with usb cable. i feel like its happened to me on the laptop with the wired cable as well.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 10
Signed up also just to say that I encounter the issue after playing the division with my wireless Xbox one controller.

I have to hard stop/start my PC to solve the issue.

Annoying.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 10
Signed up also just to say that I encounter the issue after playing the division with my wireless Xbox one controller.

I have to hard stop/start my PC to solve the issue.

Annoying.

Xbox One controller as well?

Edit: I'm stupid you said xbox one wireless controller.

Last edited:

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 10
I just finished playing the division. This time i played for about 2 hours with the controller hard wired into my laptop. After i exited the game the mouse was working just fine. I unplugged my xbox one controller and then mouse issues and had to reboot.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 10
https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/48pae4/random_mouse_lagging_and_beeping/
there is a fix at the top of that reddit page. i just installed the driver everyone is saying is working for the xbox one controller and fixing this stupid mouse issue. I will keep you guys informed but if you want to you can try it as well.

Edit: Just played for a bit and exited the game and unplugged the wireless dongle and guess what... NO MOUSE ISSUES!! check that reddit page and download the driver and follow the instructions. ill give it a few days before i declare it definitely fixed but thats the first time ive played the division and exited and not had the annoying mouse beeping noise.

Last edited:

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 10
Created an account to chime in as well-

Having literally this exact same issue, the only difference is mine happens while I'm playing Far Cry 3 through Uplay/Steam. I'll connect my Xbox One controller and switch to 'gamepad' in options, then if my Xbox One controller turns off (usually because I haven't used it for a while) then it'll crash the mouse for my entire computer. If you try to switch back to mouse/keyboard in Far Cry 3 it doesn't work, so all you can do is use the keyboard to 'quit to desktop' but when you do that, this mouse problem occurs immediately afterward.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 10
    Computer type
    Laptop
    System Manufacturer/Model
    Origin PC / EON-17x
    CPU
    Intel(R) Core i7-6700K @ 4.00GHz 4.00GHz
    Motherboard
    (notsure?) (64-bit Operating System? x64-based processor?)
    Memory
    32GB RAM
    Graphics Card(s)
    NVIDIA (can't look up the specs atm)
    Browser
    Firefox
    Antivirus
    Windows Security Essentials
***SOLVED***

As other people here, I created the account just to help you guys find a proper solution for this problem.
My sister had the same problem on her Asus laptop. She is not a gamer as most people here. She therefore doesn't have a Razer mouse or softwares like Hamachii or TS. She does however play the Xbox game Asphalt 8, on the windows game store on her computer about one hour per day.

Her specs are:
Win 8.1 64 bit
Intel core i5 2.40 ghz
8 GB RAM
Nvidia Geforce Driver (not sure which one)

She had no mouse connected to her laptop when the problem occurred. I therefor ruled out the USB issue.
She mainly uses her touchpad, but the problem was the same as the examples where there was a mouse attached.
7 beeps, laggy mouse and not able to click anything.

I first tried to disable and enable her touchpad - no luck
Then I tried to check if her drivers were updated, they all were.
I then tried to connect a mice to a USB port, but the problem persisted.
Tried to analyze the problem by figuring out what BIOS Beep code it could be. Beeps 7 times, that means CPU exception.
Looked into that a bit, and figured I'd save those options as last chance,

I then tried to open the device manager and uninstalled the default ASUS touchpad driver and restart the computer as Pepanee suggested.
That worked. Her touchpad is now fully functional.

She hasn't experienced flash on the screen as evergap experienced.

I qouted the fix written by Pepanee, so you don't have to read all the posts again. But as others have pointed out, the causes are different, so the solutions could be too.

(edit, I didn't read the whole thread, yet if you haven't tried this, try it out):

Try this:
First, close all important programs and save all things you have open, then
Search for and open Device Manager -> Mice and other pointing devices -> and delete everything there.
1) If your mouse no longer works, wait like 30 seconds and see if it works again. If it does work, see if the problem is gone.
2) If your mouse no longer works, and waiting doesn't do anything, then restart your computer through your keyboard, (if you know how to). If not, just manually turn it off and on again. After Windows loads, see if the problem is gone.
3) If it still makes noise, I hope someone smarter than me can help you out =)

Good luck

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Win 10
My problem is created by the xbox one wireless controller. Starts too beep the first time i press a mousebutton, after the controller is shut down.

My specs are:
Win 10
I7 4770k
ASrock z87
Corsair dominator 32Gb
Nividia Geforce GTX 780
Steelseries apex 300 keyboard
Steelseries sensei and seinsei raw mouse
Steelseries h wireless headset

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 10
I actually got this similar problem just minutes ago. I have an MSi GP60 2QF leopard pro laptop with an Nvidia 950M. Early this week I got BSOD when attempting to put laptop to sleep (Nvidia has yet to fix this)

What I did to fix this was to disconnect all USBs and then when I disconnected the DC jack it started working again. The keyboard was working.
I'm not sure if this is an Nvidia issue, surge protector, or AC adapter issue. I usually leave things connected.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    win 7 64bit
I had to register here just to post this because I had exactly the same issue as the OP had, kept hearing beeping from speakers whenever I moved the mouse and the movement was choppy etc.
I re-connected my USB keyboard (I accidentally thought it was the USB mouse cable) and the mouse beeping went away, but then my keyboard stopped working and lit all the 3 lights (caps lock, num lock, etc).
So I restarted PC and keyboard kept showing the 3 lights and no button worked.
Then I re-connected keyboard to different USB and it started to work fine again. I plugged the mouse in to the old keyboard USB slot and mouse didn't work (didn't get any beeping either). Then I connected the mouse to another unused USB port and it worked again..
now anything I plug in to the old keyboard USB slot doesn't work for some reason..

Baffles me because the problem was beeping mouse, not keyboard

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 7
Back