Solved Continuing problem of understanding apps !

It may be helpful, (or not!) to watch a short video on making a simple cloudapp:
Video Tutorial-Your First Cloud App on Windows Azure | Janakiram MSV

There's a more detailed written account with even more peripheral information here:

Getting Started with Windows Azure Platform Development : slholmes.org

It's a couple of years old now, but all the app is is an active server pages script, an asp.net scripted program, built in the standard Microsoft Visual Studio type Integrated Development Environment. I guess you download the scripts and the Binary Large OBject files (images, libraries etc) in a package when you first get the app from the store, and Windows takes care of putting them in the right places.

Howdy fafhrd,
Catching a bit of your drift, you keep talking computereez. But just a knee jerk reaction, I don't like the sound of that. If I get time I will certainly take a look. I mean a video should be fairly easy to understand!!
Thanks buddy!
Glenn

My problem with the video was that I could not understand the guy. The way he pronounces e.g. 'Azure' is impossible to relate to that French word.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Vista and Win7
    System Manufacturer/Model
    2xHP, 2xGateway, 1xDell, 1xSony
    Hard Drives
    5 SSDs and 12 HDs
It may be helpful, (or not!) to watch a short video on making a simple cloudapp:
Video Tutorial-Your First Cloud App on Windows Azure | Janakiram MSV

There's a more detailed written account with even more peripheral information here:

Getting Started with Windows Azure Platform Development : slholmes.org

It's a couple of years old now, but all the app is is an active server pages script, an asp.net scripted program, built in the standard Microsoft Visual Studio type Integrated Development Environment. I guess you download the scripts and the Binary Large OBject files (images, libraries etc) in a package when you first get the app from the store, and Windows takes care of putting them in the right places.

Howdy fafhrd,
Catching a bit of your drift, you keep talking computereez. But just a knee jerk reaction, I don't like the sound of that. If I get time I will certainly take a look. I mean a video should be fairly easy to understand!!
Thanks buddy!
Glenn

My problem with the video was that I could not understand the guy. The way he pronounces e.g. 'Azure' is impossible to relate to that French word.

Wolfgang, if I may call you that, if I understood the concept, I too was having troubles with the pronunciations!
Glenn

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 7
Yeah, it is the same when you call any of the help lines. They are mostely in India and those people have their local dialect that is very hard to understand. That's why I usually use email or on-line chat. The written word is the same.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Vista and Win7
    System Manufacturer/Model
    2xHP, 2xGateway, 1xDell, 1xSony
    Hard Drives
    5 SSDs and 12 HDs
Back