Solved Computer acting weirdly

Hmm, weird. Windows says my disk is 0% fragmented, while Defraggler says 9%. Either way, I think I'm fine. As for disk cleanup, Ccleaner just freezes up now when I try to clean up my PC. These symptoms get weirder by the day... And yeah, I might end up refreshing my pc if all else fails. I mean, that must be one of the only surefire ways to fix this, right? I won't do it though until I'm sure there is nothing else I can do.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 64-Bit
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    System Manufacturer/Model
    Lenovo
    CPU
    AMD A10-7850K
    Motherboard
    LENOVO Bantry CRB (P0)
    Memory
    12.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 798MHz
    Graphics Card(s)
    1024MB ATI AMD Radeon R7 Graphics (Lenovo) 2048MB ATI AMD Radeon R9 260 (MSI)
    Sound Card
    Realtek High Definition Audio
    Monitor(s) Displays
    HF205
    Screen Resolution
    1600x900
    Hard Drives
    1863GB Seagate ST2000DX001-1CM164 (SATA)
    Browser
    Google Chrome
    Antivirus
    MalwareBytes Anti-Malware
In the Microsoft defrag tool did you click on Analyze with your primary drive highlighted to get an updated analysis?

Couple more things to try.

Under Action Center/Maintenance, Try starting Maintenance manually. This could take a while, if it doesn't complete after a while there is no problem stopping it manually.

In ADM Command prompt enter this,

Dism.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /AnalyzeComponentStore

this will manually analyze the component store. It does not do any cleanup or repair just analysis. When complete, at the bottom it should either recommend cleanup YES OR No. More than likely it will recommend YES. Just curious if your system will complete this task. If it completes with a YES recommendation run the command below.

Dism.exe /online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup

This will manually trigger Windows Update Cleanup and will likely take a long time, possibly an hour.

None of these things will fix/remove a virus or malware if that is what the problem is.

You might try downloading Norton Power Eraser, It is a pretty good program for removing nasty virus/malware items. https://security.symantec.com/nbrt/npe.aspx

My Computer

System One

• OS
    windows 8.1 64, LT -Windows 10 Home 64
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    HP 500-075 Desktop + HP 15-f018dx Laptop
    CPU
    Intel Core i5 3470 Ivy Bridge 3.2 GHz Quad Core/ LT - i3-4030U 1.9 GHz
    Motherboard
    Foxcon Joshua-H61-uATX
    Memory
    8 GB/ LT - 6GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    Intel Graphics Media Accelerator HD (DX10.1)
    Sound Card
    Integrated IDT 92HD73E
    Hard Drives
    1T HDD, 16G Sandisk Cache Drive, 2T Seagate 3.0 External
    Keyboard
    Wireless
    Mouse
    Wireless
    Browser
    IE11
    Antivirus
    Norton 360
    Other Info
    CyberPower UPS, Macrium Backup, Revo Pro, Malwarebytes Premium
Hi,

None of these things will fix/remove a virus or malware if that is what the problem is.

Gator, so just curious, what would remove them then? As in what's the least amount of removing/reinstalling you would have to do..

My Computer

System One

• OS
    windows 8.1
    Computer type
    Laptop
    Lenovo g750
    CPU
    i5
    Motherboard
    Some Chinese Crap..
    Memory
    Graphics Card(s)
    Nvidia 755
    Antivirus
    Windows Defender
Hi,

Gator, so just curious, what would remove them then? As in what's the least amount of removing/reinstalling you would have to do..
I should have been more precise. Dealing with issues related to disk fragmentation and component store corruption will not resolve any virus/malware problems if that is the problem but it will address file corruption and possible conflicts which will certainly affect performance and a heavily fragmented disk will certainly reduce performance. If his system is capable of completing disk defrag and component store cleanup at least that will rule-out some potential issues that can relate to degraded performance. His system must be able to perform well enough to install and run the virus/malware killers that have been suggested and I think that is questionable at this point. A large part of the troubleshooting process is elimination of potential causes.

I think running Norton Power Eraser is applicable as well as any of the other virus/malware that have been suggested. Another process would be to disable or uninstall unnecessary programs to see if there is any impact on performance if he is willing to take the time to do it. Screen shots of installed programs and task manager would be helpful as well. Looking for errors in the event log can also help identify problems. Restore/Refresh are potentially quick fixes but he may end up back where he started and never know the cause of the problem. There are still too many unknowns right now.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    CPU
    Motherboard
    Foxcon Joshua-H61-uATX
    Memory
    8 GB/ LT - 6GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    Integrated IDT 92HD73E
    Hard Drives
    Keyboard
    Wireless
    Mouse
    Wireless
    Browser
    IE11
    Antivirus
    Norton 360
    Other Info
In the Microsoft defrag tool did you click on Analyze with your primary drive highlighted to get an updated analysis?

Couple more things to try.

Under Action Center/Maintenance, Try starting Maintenance manually. This could take a while, if it doesn't complete after a while there is no problem stopping it manually.

In ADM Command prompt enter this,

Dism.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /AnalyzeComponentStore

this will manually analyze the component store. It does not do any cleanup or repair just analysis. When complete, at the bottom it should either recommend cleanup YES OR No. More than likely it will recommend YES. Just curious if your system will complete this task. If it completes with a YES recommendation run the command below.

Dism.exe /online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup

This will manually trigger Windows Update Cleanup and will likely take a long time, possibly an hour.

You might try downloading Norton Power Eraser, It is a pretty good program for removing nasty virus/malware items. https://security.symantec.com/nbrt/npe.aspx

Yes, I did click analysis. I tried all the commands, and it did do some cleanup, but did not fix the issue. Norton Power Eraser did not detect anything unusual. If you guys want screenshots, I will provide them. Just ask for what you want a screenshot of.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 64-Bit
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Lenovo
    CPU
    AMD A10-7850K
    Motherboard
    LENOVO Bantry CRB (P0)
    Memory
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    HF205
    Screen Resolution
    1600x900
    Hard Drives
    Browser
    Google Chrome
    Antivirus
At this point I am inclined to think that you do not have a virus/malware problem or at least what you have done so far has minimized that possibility, not necessarily eliminated it but definitely reduced the likelihood. I don't think your PC could complete the various scans and operations you have done if the system was seriously compromised.

How about a screen shot of the Start-up Tab functions located under Task Manager.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    CPU
    Motherboard
    Foxcon Joshua-H61-uATX
    Memory
    8 GB/ LT - 6GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    Integrated IDT 92HD73E
    Hard Drives
    Keyboard
    Wireless
    Mouse
    Wireless
    Browser
    IE11
    Antivirus
    Norton 360
    Other Info
Here it is:
startup.png

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 64-Bit
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Lenovo
    CPU
    AMD A10-7850K
    Motherboard
    LENOVO Bantry CRB (P0)
    Memory
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    HF205
    Screen Resolution
    1600x900
    Hard Drives
    Browser
    Google Chrome
    Antivirus
How about a screenshot of Programs & Features

Just curious, Have you been using CCleaner much?

I don't think you need to start the boxed applications on Start-up but I can't say for sure how they will affect overall performance.

What I would do is create a Restore Point and one by one uninstall the programs/applications you have installed and restart after each one and see how it affects performance. You can always restore PC to the restore point you created. Are any of the applications you installed set to update automatically? If so, an update could have occurred without you knowing it and is causing problems.

startup.jpg

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    CPU
    Motherboard
    Foxcon Joshua-H61-uATX
    Memory
    8 GB/ LT - 6GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    Integrated IDT 92HD73E
    Hard Drives
    Keyboard
    Wireless
    Mouse
    Wireless
    Browser
    IE11
    Antivirus
    Norton 360
    Other Info
Well, I have been Ccleaner alot, but ever since I've had this issue, Ccleaner does not work properly anymore for cleanup. I just disabled them all except for Ccleaner and Skype.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 64-Bit
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Lenovo
    CPU
    AMD A10-7850K
    Motherboard
    LENOVO Bantry CRB (P0)
    Memory
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    HF205
    Screen Resolution
    1600x900
    Hard Drives
    Browser
    Google Chrome
    Antivirus
The reason I asked about CCleaner is you would certainly not be the first person to have some problems after using it on a regular basis. Not saying this is the definite cause of your problems but it is a Registry Cleaner and the Registry is a very sensitive thing.

I still think I would create a Restore Point and start uninstalling unnecessary items. It's either that or a Refresh and you will likely lose some of these things anyway.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    CPU
    Motherboard
    Foxcon Joshua-H61-uATX
    Memory
    8 GB/ LT - 6GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    Integrated IDT 92HD73E
    Hard Drives
    Keyboard
    Wireless
    Mouse
    Wireless
    Browser
    IE11
    Antivirus
    Norton 360
    Other Info
You know what, I will probably do some research on refreshing. It might be the only thing I can do now. I will just look up tutorials and make sure to make a list of installed programs that I need and other things. If something doesn't go right, I will report back here. If it fixes the problem, I will mark the thread as solved.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 64-Bit
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Lenovo
    CPU
    AMD A10-7850K
    Motherboard
    LENOVO Bantry CRB (P0)
    Memory
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    HF205
    Screen Resolution
    1600x900
    Hard Drives
    Browser
    Google Chrome
    Antivirus
Hi,

*edited*

I went' through this whole post again from page 1

so please understand where this last stand from me comes from and this is meant to help you from frustrations to continue for more days dealing with this..

Giovanni8743, I don't know how many files or pictures/movies/music you would have to backup and copy to a USB/External usb Hard drive, but do that now..

Really think about this, You can't run programs as simple as Ccleaner and virus checking programs and you say system restore doesn't work (1st post), Malewarebytes won't start, Sfc /scannow found corrupted files.. Really man?? How much more does this say to you?

It's time to save all the files you want to keep (music/pictures etc..) and get rid of your bugged out crap windows install that I know you changed/installed something - come on man, you have Daemon Tools installed! and what else could you possibly be using that for?? hmmm? Nobody complains after a complete fresh new windows install of things like this in your postings unless there is a Hardware failure (like ram is bad or motherboard is electrified etc..) but I'm pretty sure you don't have hardware failure as I'm sure this started sometime later, as you said
This suddenly happened today when starting up my pc
It's ok we all change things that cause windows to freak but this is ridiculous when you can't even run Ccleaner! ha.

-absolutely just refresh but I would "reset" - and yes you will lose all files when you Reset, so make sure you copy/backup all your files you actually want now.. and get rid of windows.. reset..

Go ahead and read your entire thread postings here again and you tell me if it's worth trying to fix your totally messed up can't run simple programs windows..

My Computer

System One

• OS
    windows 8.1
    Computer type
    Laptop
    Lenovo g750
    CPU
    i5
    Motherboard
    Some Chinese Crap..
    Memory
    Graphics Card(s)
    Nvidia 755
    Antivirus
    Windows Defender
I finally found the time to refresh my PC, and the problems are gone! I think I know which program caused it, so I will not install it again. I have learned my lesson and now have my PC free of whatever it was!

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 64-Bit
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Lenovo
    CPU
    AMD A10-7850K
    Motherboard
    LENOVO Bantry CRB (P0)
    Memory
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    HF205
    Screen Resolution
    1600x900
    Hard Drives
    Browser
    Google Chrome
    Antivirus
Back