Can't Install Windows 8 on Replacement Hard Drive from Del

I bit the bullet and deleted all the partitions and reinstalled in Legacy mode and all went fine. I got freaked out for nothing because of how picky Win 8 can be, Feel free to delete or close this thread. I feel like such a fool now. Thanks to all who tried to help. :)

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Win 8
    Computer type
    Laptop
    System Manufacturer/Model
    Dell Inspiron 17 R (5720)
    CPU
    i-5 (3210) 2.50GHz
    Graphics Card(s)
    Intel HD Graphics 4000
    Browser
    Chrome
Well it's kind of solved because even though Dell said the product key was embedded on the motherboard through bios it's still asking me for a key before I can personalize anything.

WinKeyExceeded.PNG

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Win 8
    Computer type
    Laptop
    CPU
    i-5 (3210) 2.50GHz
    Graphics Card(s)
    Intel HD Graphics 4000
    Browser
    Chrome
Let Dell do the dirty work :)

IF you still are entitled to Dell Support, call them and have them 'take control' of your computer.
The software they use does not loose connection after a re-boot.

If you have a second telephone tell him/her the number and have them call you back when they have
everything set up properly.

After they set up the OS and Dell Recovery/Diagnostic partitions and YOU personalize your box to your liking
MAKE AN IMAGE TO A PORTABLE USB HARD DRIVE!!!
[The Toshiba Canivo 1TB is sold at Sam's Club at the moment for $76 buck with a Free 16 GB Flash Drive]

Then when things get mucked up, you can be back in business in 15 minutes or less.
Also download Belarc Advisor. It will give you your embedded product key IF you should need it.
I have the Windows 8 sticker on the back of my Dell, but unlike previous Dells, there is no
product key listed next to that logo.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Win7-8 Dual Boot on a Commodore 64
I just got the laptop as a refurb in April of this year. I got Win 8 re-installed fine it's just the key issue. I just chatted with them over the tech chat, they took control of my computer and said since my key isn't being recognized that I need a new motherboard. It's recognized as shown in the screenshot above but says it's exceeded how many times it can be used. I don't have time for anyone to come out and install a new motherboard right now.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Win 8
    Computer type
    Laptop
    CPU
    i-5 (3210) 2.50GHz
    Graphics Card(s)
    Intel HD Graphics 4000
    Browser
    Chrome
Well I did the contact Microsoft support thing, called the toll free number (all automated), entered the installation id, it gave me a code to put in all those boxes and got the activation thing taken care of. I had completely forgotten that I had to do this once before a few years ago with a previous Dell because the code on the sticker at bottom of that laptop had worn off and the product key did too.

Once my Mom has her surgery next week to remove the masses on her kidneys next week and we're back home I'll get a couple USB drives. I have a portable hard drive and will make a backup image. The previous Win 8 installation had something wrong where flash was all screwed up but I did backup all my files, videos, music and etc. that I wanted before attempting to re-install Win 8.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Win 8
    Computer type
    Laptop
    CPU
    i-5 (3210) 2.50GHz
    Graphics Card(s)
    Intel HD Graphics 4000