Solved Can't enable Secure Boot on my BIOS.

To clean install:
1) Clean the HD Drive, using Step one in this tutorial:
SSD / HDD : Optimize for Windows Reinstallation - Windows 7 Help Forums
than
[DEL]2a) Clean install with the OEM manufacturer's Recovery Disk.[/DEL]

[DEL]2b) http://www.eightforums.com/tutorial...e-firmware-interface-install-windows-8-a.html

Boot USB in UEFI mode.

UEFI_USB_Boot_Menu.jpg

My Computer

System One

• OS
    ME, XP,Vista,Win7,Win8,Win8.1
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Other Info
    Notebooks x 3

Desktops x 5

Towers x 4
I would have asked you about a graphics card, but you stated "It worked before", which made me discount that possibility.

But yes, the graphics card has to be UEFI capable. On my system with a Nvidia GTX 680, I had to get a special bios from EVGA to be able to boot into Secure Boot mode.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 x64
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    System Manufacturer/Model
    Home Grown
    CPU
    i7 3770K
    Motherboard
    ASUS P8Z77 -v Pro, Z87-Expert
    Memory
    16 G
    Graphics Card(s)
    EVGA GTX 680 Classified (2)
    Hard Drives
    Kingston SSD 240 GB
So I followed the steps above but still no luck - I still boot up with the watermark and cannot enable secure boot.

I do think it's the graphics card interfering as the

"System BIOS detected a non-Windows 8 Logo graphic card. There is no GOP (Graphics Output Protocol) support detected in this card. 'Windows 8 feature' settings in BIOS will be changed to 'Disabled'."

message would suggest...

What I don't understand is that it did work before (or at least I got no 'SecureBoot isn't configured correctly' watermark) so how come I'm only getting a problem now when I'm reinstalling.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    CPU
    Intel i5 4670K
    Motherboard
    MSI Z87-G43 Motherboard
    Memory
    8GB Corsair Vengence
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sapphire Radeon HD 7950
    Browser
    Chrome/Firefox
    Antivirus
    Windows Defender
Well I've found a workaround to get around the watermark using Resource Hacker - I suppose I'll just have to leave Secure Boot.
Am quite puzzled why I didn't have any issues the first time though.

Thanks very much for all the help along the way! :)

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    CPU
    Intel i5 4670K
    Motherboard
    MSI Z87-G43 Motherboard
    Memory
    8GB Corsair Vengence
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sapphire Radeon HD 7950
    Browser
    Chrome/Firefox
    Antivirus
    Windows Defender
Just as a reference, I found this card and at the bottom of the page, it refers to the Windows 8 secure boot capability. I don't see that on your card, but there may be a way to flash that firmware and make it compatible. As with my card, the best place to look would be any newgroups for ATI or the company itself.

SAPPHIRE DUAL-X R9 280X 3GB GDDR5 OC

You system bios is set up differently than mine. I am sure it does pretty much the same things, but the designations used are different. I would say someone that wrote that firmware made an error when they tell you to check the CSM, but don't use that designation in the bios.

I will assume you will need to set the system up as it was probably set up as default and turn off the Windows 8 secure boot. My system has a PCI OpRom option that allows for Legacy or UEFI OpRoms. But you have something My2Cents pointed out called "Image Execution Policy", which controls what happens when the system encounters problems with a Secure Boot setup. Since I cannot see the sub menu, there might be something in the custom option which will allow you to turn off the Watermark if it continues to be a distraction.

If the system encounters a problem booting into Secure Boot, it will probably reset the bios while giving you the message. Once the bios is reset for the CSM to be enabled (Windows 8 disabled in your case), the messages should stop.

If you ever want to check, since you probably have onboard video, take out the video card and set secure boot again. Just make sure and remove power from the unit since some PCI slots maintain power even when the computer is shut down.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 x64
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    System Manufacturer/Model
    Home Grown
    CPU
    i7 3770K
    Motherboard
    ASUS P8Z77 -v Pro, Z87-Expert
    Memory
    16 G
    Graphics Card(s)
    EVGA GTX 680 Classified (2)
    Hard Drives
    Kingston SSD 240 GB
Thanks alot. Think that's what I'll do.
Going to mark this as Solved as I think that's as wrapped up as can be. And I'm happy with my computer again ;)

Once again I really appreciate the continued support. Many thanks guys! :)

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    CPU
    Intel i5 4670K
    Motherboard
    MSI Z87-G43 Motherboard
    Memory
    8GB Corsair Vengence