Solved Can not install Virtual Switch external in Hyper-V

I do not understand why but all my Virtual machines are now working and can connect to the world and the rest of my network.
Out of desperation I changed the network adapter for the machine operation Windows 7 to a legacy one, this then connect to the internet all be it slowly. I then removed that adapter and changed it back to a normal one and every thing works as it should at normal speed.
The machine operating Windows XP I changed the legacy adapter from a legacy one to a normal one and that now connects to the network at normal speed, faster than it did originally when the host was Windows 8.
To me none of this makes any sense, but it works, why I have no idea.
Big thank you to Harry for his input.
Many thanks,
Martin

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8
    System Manufacturer/Model
    Dell Studio XPS
    CPU
    Intel Core i3-530
    Motherboard
    dh57m01
    Memory
    4Gb
I do not understand why but all my Virtual machines are now working and can connect to the world and the rest of my network.
Out of desperation I changed the network adapter for the machine operation Windows 7 to a legacy one, this then connect to the internet all be it slowly. I then removed that adapter and changed it back to a normal one and every thing works as it should at normal speed.
The machine operating Windows XP I changed the legacy adapter from a legacy one to a normal one and that now connects to the network at normal speed, faster than it did originally when the host was Windows 8.
To me none of this makes any sense, but it works, why I have no idea.
Big thank you to Harry for his input.
Many thanks,
Martin

Fantastic news Martin :)

If you have any other questions please ask it will be a pleasure to help.

Enjoy your new found internet and have a good rest of the weekend.

Cheers,
Harry

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows Server 2012 R2 / 8.1
Back