Logitech
    Mouse
    Logitech Performance Mouse MX
    Internet Speed
    35/12mbps
    Browser
    Firefox
Hi,

Apologies for not updating this thread. I managed to get a replacement CPU (the shop insisted on sending it to the manufacturer before they would give me another one).

I have rebuilt the PC, and reinstalled windows. It seemed to be working ok for the short time I used it until it shut down inexplicably and would not boot, just went to this cursor each time. I reinstalled windows again and its been running ok for a few days; I ran prime95 on it for a few hours and it all looked ok, the CPU was noticeably cooler than when I ran it before replacing.

Until today it restarted and did the thing where it cannot find the boot device until I hard reset. Then it was BSODing every 30 seconds to 5 minutes... I had about 4 BSODs in the space of 15 minutes. I ran memtest and got upwards of 50 errors in under 20 seconds!

I have emailed the place again for further help but what else could this be? MOBO? Could the MOBO be breaking the other components?

I'm going to remove the GPU and see how it goes then as thats the last thing I can think of apart from the motherboard.

EDIT: I left the computer on the boot device screen for a while after those 50 something memtest errors and when I came back I re ran it, and got no errors...

Just ran Prime95 and the PC reset after about 30 minutes or so, no BSOD, no dump just rebooted and then gave the No boot device error. Hard reset required to get back to windows.

Also ran chkdsk and repaired. No errors found.

Last edited:

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Internet Speed
    100mbps
    Browser
    Chrome
    Antivirus