BSOD from 0 to 20 times a day, since upgrading Laptop

Please continue to use the system with Nvidia disabled and make sure whether it is playing a role in the crashes or not.

Ah sorry, I was too eager to check out if the NVidia card and those 2 memory sticks could be "incompatible" in the first place.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1
Ah sorry, I was too eager to check out if the NVidia card and those 2 memory sticks could be "incompatible" in the first place.

It is better to complete the memory check first as RAM modules can cause rogue problems ( Memtest won't catch advanced issues like compatibility problems etc). Keep us updated :).

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 7

It is better to complete the memory check first as RAM modules can cause rogue problems ( Memtest won't catch advanced issues like compatibility problems etc). Keep us updated :).

I already did yesterday, using memtest v5 from a bootable USB key. And it did not fail at all. Actually if it's really an issue between the NVidia and the memory sticks, memtest will never catch it as I suspect this would only happens during DMA between the 2 components.

This would explain why memtest passed several times, that there is no BSOD if either of those 2 components is removed or disabled, but random BSODs occurs when they are both active.

That's the most rational explanation I can make of all that. However why it never happened with Windows 8, I've no idea. Except if maybe Windows 8 did not optimized things the way 8.1 does or simply because I didn't use it enough to notice it ???

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1
Back