(BSOD) Error Code: 0xc0000185

So, after all is said and done, that tells me you probably didn't burn the Win 8.1 ISO correctly and; therefore, it was not being recognized at boot and you were flying right past it into a Windows Blue Screen from the corrupted hard drive. You might want to go back and review your steps on how you created that Win 8.1 ISO because that should have worked also. No doubts about it. Just wanted to throw in my2cents and now I'll leave you to work with usasma. Good luck.

I do believe I burnt it correctly, I used Power ISO and burnt the ISO to the empty DVD.
I even made a second copy using the burning tool (which makes no difference) from a guide on here.

- The boot from disc option simply wouldn't work until I switched to Legacy mode.

Now that booting from disc worked with Ultimate Boot CD, I felt i was getting somewhere.
So yes I popped the Win8 consumer preview disc back in and tried boot from disc.
Not only didn't it work, but I got a differen't blue screen with a different Error code. o_O

- I'll go do it again so I can list that error code if it would be useful (Back in 20mins)

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Win8 x64
Now that booting from disc worked with Ultimate Boot CD, I felt i was getting somewhere.

Didn't mean to interrupt your efforts so keep going but eventually you'll have to get back to a way to install Win 8.1. So, now that you are able to boot (since you switched to Legacy mode), consider burning that Win 8.1 ISO to a USB flash drive and see if you can boot using that method. Good luck.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    CPU
    Intel G2020
    Motherboard
    ASRock B75M-DGS R2.0
    Memory
    8GBs @ 1333 MHz
    Hard Drives
    Samsung 840 EVO
    PSU
    400w
    Internet Speed
    57/11
This is the blue screen I get when booting from DVD in legacy mode
with the Windows 8 consumer preview.iso o_O;

Your PC needs to be repaired

The operating system couldnt be loaded because a critical driver is missing or contains errors.

File:\windows\System32\drivers\bxvbda.sys

Error Code: 0xc0000098

You'll need to use a recovery tools on your installation media. if you don't have any installation media )like a disc or USB device), contact your system administrator or PC manufacturer.

Presss Enter to try again
Press F8 for alternate boot options

I will try this again using a Flash Drive, just borrowed a 7gig off a friend.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Win8 x64
OK, I can see where I am only going to make things more difficult here because it shouldn't be trying to do this when you are successfully booting from the ISO:

The operating system couldnt be loaded because a critical driver is missing or contains errors.

Now, I'm guessing you are getting the exact same message when you try and boot "without" that ISO. If so, then it is not booting from that ISO. Ok, sorry for the interruption. Give the USB thing a whirl; however, if that is not recognized as a bootable device from your one-time boot menu and/or when you change the boot priority in the BIOS, that also means that you have not successfully created a bootable USB drive. Good luck my friend. This will be my last response to your issue and I apologize if I was interrupting your progress.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    CPU
    Intel G2020
    Motherboard
    ASRock B75M-DGS R2.0
    Memory
    8GBs @ 1333 MHz
    Hard Drives
    Samsung 840 EVO
    PSU
    400w
    Internet Speed
    57/11
No need for apology :) all input accepted & appreciated, it's why I'm here o:
Honestly I wish your way would work, this nightmare would of been over already.
If I can get the Win8 repaired, Blue Screen gone, that's all that matters.
So thank you for all your time and efforts My2cents :3
I'm just getting greedy, and hoping to salvage to the data on the Hard Drive.
But I'm more then willing to part with it for the sake of the Laptop o_o;

Also while using UBCD I was able to "mount" my hdd using parted magic.
I learned how to browse the contents, I saw all my files and media o:
But when I right click to delete or copy something it wouldn't work.
So there must be a more complex way of doing it I have yet to discover ;__;
I was trying to save some documents by right clicking them, copy, then paste into External Hard drive
which I also mounted. It's why I got all hopeful; being able to access my media o_O;

Now I'm just waiting for either a walkthrough, or the next course of action from anyone with ideas.

But for now these are some ideas I want to try with someones experienced approval
Excluding Booting Win8 Consumer Preview 64bit off of the flash drive
(cause i'm trying that in a little bit anyways and I'll post the results)

Ideas: seeking approval or suggestion
- Make a recovery flash drive using another Win8 using Laptop but it's an HP2000 notebook
or
- Burn a Win 8.1 or Win8 Pro ISO to a Flash Drive and boot from one or the other.
or
- Use a different laptop to install a program into an external hdd, then use parted magic to mount that eternal hard drive and use the program to fix the hard drive. (I've yet to determine what program would best suit this problem, but seen a few online.)
One such program is WiseFixer (says it fixes all System32 errors) not sure if it's legit or not.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Win8 x64
In the interim period of silence:

Ideas: seeking approval or suggestion

Make a recovery flash drive using another Windows 8 using Laptop but it's an HP2000 notebook.
No

Burn a Win 8.1 or Windows 8 Pro ISO to a Flash Drive and boot from one or the other.
Yes

Use a different laptop to install a program into an external hdd, then use parted magic to mount that eternal hard drive and use the program to fix the hard drive.
??? Can't use tools on the CD recommended by usasma?

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    CPU
    Intel G2020
    Motherboard
    ASRock B75M-DGS R2.0
    Memory
    8GBs @ 1333 MHz
    Hard Drives
    Samsung 840 EVO
    PSU
    400w
    Internet Speed
    57/11
I'm not real good with messing with the drives like this.
My suggestion is to get a bigger backup drive and backup everything!
I'd suggest posting over in the general forums for assistance with deleting stuff and backing stuff up.
Good luck!

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Win8.1Pro - Finally!!!
    Computer type
    Laptop
    System Manufacturer/Model
    Samsung/NP780
    CPU
    Came with the laptop (i7 of some sort)
    Motherboard
    Pretty sure that it has one, but haven't checked inside the case!
    Memory
    upgraded to 12 gB from 8 gB
    Graphics Card(s)
    has switchable - Intel/ATI - Used wrong drivers, now ATI card is inop :( Will have to fix it soon!
    Sound Card
    I'm nearly deaf, so this isn't used often
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Touchscreen on laptop/32" Toshiba on HDMI (laid the Sharp TV on a mouse and cracked the screen!)
    Screen Resolution
    800x600
    Hard Drives
    One Samsung 1tB drive - 5400 rpm. Gonna switch to a 7200/10000 rpm or an SSD (if I can find $500 for a 1tB SSD!)
    - Switched to 500 gB Samsung 840 series SSD - WOW!!!
    PSU
    Why do we ask this for laptops?
    Case
    Silver with a neat Samsung logo
    Cooling
    sub-par, gotta get around to working on it soon Worked on it - still sub-par! :(
    Keyboard
    Microsoft Natural - the same one I've used since it orignally came out around 1995
    Mouse
    no Mouse - Trackball!!!!
    Internet Speed
    too slow when I'm waiting for a download to finish
    Browser
    Yes, I use this (Firefox mostly, w/IE next most)
    Antivirus
    Windows Defender and Windows Firewall
    Other Info
    I'm handsome and a snappy dresser :0)
Progress Report:
I made a Windows 8.1 Flash drive o_O
Booted from the USB, I could not refresh or Reset the drive it wouldn't let me.
But I tried system restore, for a previous working date and it said my OS (C) drive was currupted.
And it allowed me to run a repair on it (finally) the repair is a slow and long one so I'm still waiting.
Hopefully it fixes my problem and ill post the results soon, thanks you two for all the help dus far :3

Question: There is an option to install Windows at the start, if I install it would it over write the current OS?

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Win8 x64
Finally some good news!

Question: There is an option to install Windows at the start, if I install it would it over write the current OS?
Yes.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    CPU
    Intel G2020
    Motherboard
    ASRock B75M-DGS R2.0
    Memory
    8GBs @ 1333 MHz
    Hard Drives
    Samsung 840 EVO
    PSU
    400w
    Internet Speed
    57/11
Well bad news...
By booting from a flash drive which had Windows 8.1 I was unable to refresh or reset.
But remember that repair it was doing? it took all day and finally a message popped up
It couldn't repair it e.e; ouch...

So I tried to install over it, I put the Key in, and it took me to a new window.
The window asked me to Load my driver... o_O when I clicked browse...
It listed the Flash Drive as my C drive (wtf?) so I backed out, restarted, hit F12
The option to boot from disk was gone... all boot options just gone...
And so I ran a pre boot test again, and it said Hard drive not detected...

My overall assumption? The hard drive is toast o_O or disconnected...
'Until I pop it open and check it out, I won't have anything further to report.

I don't know how all this happened ; __; the laptops not even a year old
well it's model is, but since I got it, it's been less then a year. meh...

Again thanks you two for your time. If I get this fixed some how I'll post how I did it. o:
I've never seen anything like this in my last 14 years of non stop computer usage o_o;

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Win8 x64
Final Post​
Results: Unresolved.
Solution: Replace defected parts & factory restore settings.
Comment: Sadly I was hoping to find a fix, so that not only would it benefit me, but anyone who comes accross this problem. Sadly, no fix was available, even with Dell Tech Support the only option was to mail in the laptop to have it's parts replaced/repaired. This level of error is beyond me, the blue screens alternated, the pre boot tests kept giving faulty information, like one scan it would not detect HDD, while in another it would detect HDD but then it wouldnt detect processor fan... There was no virus/malware of anykind.. the error couldn't be fixed via Windows 8 Refresh, Reset, Repair or install, only thing that worked was Parted Magic a small Linux OS installed onto the ram via boot from drive using Ultimate Boot CD (Great Tool)... But despite my collection of tutorials, I couldn't use it as desired due to lack of knowledge e.e; I have lots to learn still.

Thanks again to Usasma and My2Cents for they're efforts. :3

I like this forum over all the others I've come accross, so in 7 days when my Laptop is back.
I hope to be able to learn & eventually contribute, I see a gaming section o: I'd probably fit in there :p

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Win8 x64
Back