Solved BSOD DPC watchdog violation

Im afraid that you are having the problem that at least 4 other members have reported. The bottom line is that the graphic card manufacturers are not prepared for 8, as they should be. Here is one example of the problem and the (really bad) solution. The solution is not to use the grapichs driver that you have, but to use the gneric one that is included with the system.
Here is a thread showing two members with the problem
http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/11332-atikmdag-sys.html
You may want to call the manufacturer of your computer and see what they suggest and if an update will be coming soon.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 7 SP1
    System Manufacturer/Model
    Dell XPS 420
    Memory
    6 GB
okay then no problem at the mean time, but can we be sure that the ATI company can solve this issue or no? this is the question, we will hope for the best, but they should.

now my pc will run normally when i run it on the gneric one?

My Computer

System One

• OS
    windows 8 pro
    hp pavilion dv6 3063ee
    CPU
    intel i7 720 Q 1.6
    Memory
    6GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    ATI Mobility HD 5650
    Hard Drives
Windows 8 is new. Answers to questions like yours have to be based on experience, and 8 does not have any yet. The procedure worked for others, hopefully it will work for you. Why not call your computer company, tell them your problem and see what they suggest. Anything that you try, start with a system restore point.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 7 SP1
    Dell XPS 420
    Memory
    6 GB
uhm, you are right anyway i disabled the ATI, its seems to be working, at mean time ill keep checking at the AMD ATI website to see if they came with any new updates, till then thank you so much, and ill be glad to be a part of this comity and try to help other as you did. thank you a lot.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    windows 8 pro
    hp pavilion dv6 3063ee
    CPU
    intel i7 720 Q 1.6
    Memory
    6GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    ATI Mobility HD 5650
    Hard Drives
TY for your kind comments, and reporting back. Now I have more experience that can help others.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 7 SP1
    Dell XPS 420
    Memory
    6 GB
hello again,i don't know, ive download an ATI CATALYST for win8 from ati website, shutdown the laptop normaly, start again, nothing, no boot, BSOD CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT. and the problem is, i cant log in to do anythinggg, ill try to restorr or recover,:(:(

My Computer

System One

• OS
    windows 8 pro
    hp pavilion dv6 3063ee
    CPU
    intel i7 720 Q 1.6
    Memory
    6GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    ATI Mobility HD 5650
    Hard Drives

My Computer

System One

• OS
    windows 8 pro
    hp pavilion dv6 3063ee
    CPU
    intel i7 720 Q 1.6
    Memory
    6GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    ATI Mobility HD 5650
    Hard Drives
ok, those are the files, and i uninstalled the AMD catalyst software, lets see what we will find out, to end this issue

My Computer

System One

• OS
    windows 8 pro
    hp pavilion dv6 3063ee
    CPU
    intel i7 720 Q 1.6
    Memory
    6GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    ATI Mobility HD 5650
    Hard Drives
OK, i won't make this long any more. i was wondering, are the updates that window 8 checks for and downloads them to the PC " windows updates ", are capable form now on and to the near future of solving those stuff? just asking by referring to your experience and knowledge.? because we have nothing to do unless hope for that to come true, are you with me on that? Thank you.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    windows 8 pro
    hp pavilion dv6 3063ee
    CPU
    intel i7 720 Q 1.6
    Memory
    6GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    ATI Mobility HD 5650
    Hard Drives
The updates are for security, software enhancements and improvements. The problem with the driver (if that is truly the cause) must be corrected by the driver manufactuer, they must update their drivers. I suggest that you ocassionally go to the web site and look for updates. Do not download the entire Catalyst, just install the driver. The catalyst thing can cause more problems.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 7 SP1
    Dell XPS 420
    Memory
    6 GB
BSOD with DPC watchdog violation error

I have the same problem..system freezes and restarts with a blue screen displaying ''dpc watchdog violation error'' usually happens when i'm connected to the internet via my blackberry Q10 device (USB or Bluetooth tethering). I've attached the details of dump files as required ..

My Computer

System One

• OS
    windows 8
    Computer type
    Laptop
    HP Pavilion M7
    CPU
    intel core i7
aabdul96

Please start your own topic and include the uploaded reports there.

For starters:
At work we start all repairs with a set of diagnostics. Often they find problems that weren't even expected. It's a waste of time to try to fix software on a system that has hardware problems.
Please try these free diagnostics for starters: Initial Hardware Diagnostics
Also, please ensure that you have ALL available Windows Updates (it may take several trips to get them all).

Only 128 Windows Updates installed. Most systems have 160 or more. Please visit Windows Update and get ALL available updates (it may take several trips to get them all).

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Win8.1Pro - Finally!!!
    Computer type
    Laptop
    Samsung/NP780
    CPU
    Came with the laptop (i7 of some sort)
    Motherboard
    Pretty sure that it has one, but haven't checked inside the case!
    Memory
    upgraded to 12 gB from 8 gB
    Graphics Card(s)
    has switchable - Intel/ATI - Used wrong drivers, now ATI card is inop :( Will have to fix it soon!
    Sound Card
    I'm nearly deaf, so this isn't used often
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Touchscreen on laptop/32" Toshiba on HDMI (laid the Sharp TV on a mouse and cracked the screen!)
    Screen Resolution
    800x600
    Hard Drives
    One Samsung 1tB drive - 5400 rpm. Gonna switch to a 7200/10000 rpm or an SSD (if I can find $500 for a 1tB SSD!)
    - Switched to 500 gB Samsung 840 series SSD - WOW!!!
    PSU
    Why do we ask this for laptops?
    Case
    Silver with a neat Samsung logo
    Cooling
    sub-par, gotta get around to working on it soon Worked on it - still sub-par! :(
    Keyboard
    Microsoft Natural - the same one I've used since it orignally came out around 1995
    Mouse
    no Mouse - Trackball!!!!
    Internet Speed
    too slow when I'm waiting for a download to finish
    Browser
    Yes, I use this (Firefox mostly, w/IE next most)
    Antivirus
    Windows Defender and Windows Firewall
    Other Info
    I'm handsome and a snappy dresser :0)
Back