browser download speed suddenly reduced,browsing is normal

Untitled 2.png

is this it? network chipset name?

i have downlaoded something from here
Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller driver free download for windows - INTEL_ - DG41RQ__

plz take a look

Last edited:

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Win 8.1 Pro x64
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    System Manufacturer/Model
    INTEL
    CPU
    Pentium(R) Dual Core CPU E5400 @ 2.70GHz
    Motherboard
    DG41RQ
    Memory
    3072 MB DDR2
    Graphics Card(s)
    NO external graphics
    Screen Resolution
    1600x900
    Keyboard
    QWERTY iball
    Mouse
    Hp
    Internet Speed
    600 Kbitps
    Browser
    Chrome, Firefox
    Antivirus
    Avast! Free version
and no change :/

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Win 8.1 Pro x64
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    INTEL
    CPU
    Motherboard
    DG41RQ
    Memory
    3072 MB DDR2
    Graphics Card(s)
    NO external graphics
    Screen Resolution
    1600x900
    Keyboard
    QWERTY iball
    Mouse
    Hp
    Internet Speed
    600 Kbitps
    Browser
    Chrome, Firefox
    Antivirus
    Avast! Free version
Here is the proper link to download the driver for the 8168 Realtek chipset. Realtek You do not have an Intel chipset for the Ethernet, it is a Realtek. So please stop downloading the incorrect one. Download the one that states "Win8, Win8.1 and Server 2012 Auto Installation Program (SID:1669843)"

Also when you post the output of Speccy on here. It will give you a URL to post after it runs through its system check. Post that vs. the Screenshot.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Linux Mint 17.2
    Computer type
    Laptop
    Toshiba Satellite C850D-st3nx1
    CPU
    AMD E1-1200 APU with Radeon (tm) HD Graphics 1.40 GHZ
    Memory
    12GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    AMD Radeon™ HD 7310 Graphics
    Sound Card
    Realtek HD
    Monitor(s) Displays
    LCD
    Screen Resolution
    1366 x 768
    Hard Drives
    Crucial M500 240GB SSD
    Mouse
    Logitech M525
    Internet Speed
    45/6 - ATT U-Verse
    Browser
    Google Chrome
    Antivirus
    None needed. It is Linux.
    Other Info
    Arris NVG589 Gateway; Router - Cisco RV320; Switch - Netgear GS108 8-Port Switch & Trendnet TEG-S50g 5-Port Switch; Access Points - Engenius ECB350, Trendnet TEW-638APB; NAS - Lenovo ix2-4; Printer - Brother HL-2280DW; Air Print Server - Lantronix XPrintServer

A/V UPS - Tripp-Lite Smart 1500LCD 1500 Va/900 W.
cant say its fixed but its different from before :/
my internet explorer's downlaod speed never exceeded firefox's or chrome's.
but now it seems it downlaods at abt 45 kbps ( my max. was around 65 in both chrome and firefox ) but chrome and firefox sucks at 10 kbps for the same downlaods, i've still only tested with few files but it still doesnt seems that i am back to what i was before :/
there's cant be a sudden change in downlaod servers to a website right? earliar twas 65 kbps but all of a sudden it drops down. Its absurd. ( ex. website : Pinoy Anime TV - Watch Anime Online - Download Anime for free. Watched Anime Episode Subbed. Watch Anime with you iPhone, iPad, iPod, Android, Blackberry and other mobile devices. )

although, i will need one more suggesstion,
-should i try XP?
-or there are some apps or internal softwares which i can remove frm win 8.1 which eat up my bandwidh

i've attached my speccy stats @broe

Attachments

• SHUBHAM.txt
    74.5 KB · Views: 458

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Win 8.1 Pro x64
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    INTEL
    CPU
    Motherboard
    DG41RQ
    Memory
    3072 MB DDR2
    Graphics Card(s)
    NO external graphics
    Screen Resolution
    1600x900
    Keyboard
    QWERTY iball
    Mouse
    Hp
    Internet Speed
    600 Kbitps
    Browser
    Chrome, Firefox
    Antivirus
    Avast! Free version
You may only see a gauge of speeds from the speedtest you are using at what it is stating. You have to look at the Internet as a Freeway. sometimes it may be clear and traffic is able to move without hindrance. Other times there are accidents or construction, so it may take some detours, or there may be a slow down in causing inaccurate readings.

As long as you are not showing any errors on your modem for uncorrectable, etc. I would not put much into what the Speed tests are showing. If you feel that it is taking longer then normal to get to say yahoo or google. Do a Ping Test to see if there are any issues.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Linux Mint 17.2
    Computer type
    Laptop
    CPU
    Memory
    12GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    Realtek HD
    Monitor(s) Displays
    LCD
    Screen Resolution
    1366 x 768
    Hard Drives
    Crucial M500 240GB SSD
    Mouse
    Logitech M525
    Internet Speed
    45/6 - ATT U-Verse
    Browser
    Google Chrome
    Antivirus
    Other Info
    Arris NVG589 Gateway; Router - Cisco RV320; Switch - Netgear GS108 8-Port Switch & Trendnet TEG-S50g 5-Port Switch; Access Points - Engenius ECB350, Trendnet TEW-638APB; NAS - Lenovo ix2-4; Printer - Brother HL-2280DW; Air Print Server - Lantronix XPrintServer

Also you cannot post the .txt file. Due to it is not able to be read by us, also it contains private information from your system. There is a web URL that Speccy gives you at the end of running its examination of your system. That URL is what you need to post, not a file.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Linux Mint 17.2
    Computer type
    Laptop
    CPU
    Memory
    12GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    Realtek HD
    Monitor(s) Displays
    LCD
    Screen Resolution
    1366 x 768
    Hard Drives
    Crucial M500 240GB SSD
    Mouse
    Logitech M525
    Internet Speed
    45/6 - ATT U-Verse
    Browser
    Google Chrome
    Antivirus
    Other Info

*****An Update,
I re=installed XP today and alas! the problem persisted there too!! and dont know why it has suddenly started to happen like this, is microsoft kindof messing with me? cuz when i installed Win 8.1, they ask to register a microsoft acc. and so i had registered with my gmail acc. with microsoft. Since every time i reformat my pc and install new copy of windows i have to re logg in to microsoft and then if they are the one\'s messing with my pc somehow then it wouldnt make sense to format my computer. As, no matter how many times i do it, my profile will be the same as attached to my gmail id.

""Also, currently the copy which i have installed on my pc was downlaoded from utorrent too but i highly doubt that it makes a difference because guys at utorrent patch every premium software and i have been using many stuff from there and never experienced any kind of problem."""

i wont understand what to do, cuz torrent works fine, speedtest gives results which match the promised internet speed provided by ISP. Lose connection of my cable modem? but then utorrent should also must have worked faulty. I also tried downloading a file via IDM but there also, it stuck.therefore, Seems like a problem with the server of the particular website or traffic but then again, its the same case when i try to download any file from any website. Only some rare items seems to be properly downlaoded(not all the files of the particular website, rare files from those websites) Which NEVER happened before. And now, this thing suddenly begins :/ For ex: earlier, this "upload4free" website ( u may google it ) worked well downloading at my full speeds( around 65 kbps ) but now, its alsways below 20 kbps. P.S: I have a cable modem, so it always gives constant speed. Mine is 600 Kbits/s = 75 K bytes/s ( my max. downlaod speed, but of course it never reaches that, its at least supposed to be 65, but its below 20 now always )

Last edited:

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Win 8.1 Pro x64
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    INTEL
    CPU
    Motherboard
    DG41RQ
    Memory
    3072 MB DDR2
    Graphics Card(s)
    NO external graphics
    Screen Resolution
    1600x900
    Keyboard
    QWERTY iball
    Mouse
    Hp
    Internet Speed
    600 Kbitps
    Browser
    Chrome, Firefox
    Antivirus
    Avast! Free version
Again Microsoft is not messing with anything. If you got up to 45mb/s, then there is not an issue. If you are seeing high ping times to a P2P or gaming site, that is a problem with that site. If you are seeing high ping times to the ISP's DNS servers, or say yahoo or google. Then it is an ISP problem.

Also keep in mind that every ISP out there, will throttle P2P/Torrent sites, unless they are reputable download sites (ie Linux distro's, etc.).

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Linux Mint 17.2
    Computer type
    Laptop
    CPU
    Memory
    12GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    Realtek HD
    Monitor(s) Displays
    LCD
    Screen Resolution
    1366 x 768
    Hard Drives
    Crucial M500 240GB SSD
    Mouse
    Logitech M525
    Internet Speed
    45/6 - ATT U-Verse
    Browser
    Google Chrome
    Antivirus
    Other Info

Again Microsoft is not messing with anything. If you got up to 45mb/s, then there is not an issue. If you are seeing high ping times to a P2P or gaming site, that is a problem with that site. If you are seeing high ping times to the ISP's DNS servers, or say yahoo or google. Then it is an ISP problem.

Also keep in mind that every ISP out there, will throttle P2P/Torrent sites, unless they are reputable download sites (ie Linux distro's, etc.).

So it means that my ISP is able to get fully utilized when i use torrent sites or any reputated sites.And as u said that if i experience any problem with regular websites like yahoo or google then ISP's the issue
but i have not experienced any BROWSING problems yet.
how did i ensure it?
I can moniter my net usage by a software called netlimiter from where i can see how much bandwitch it is consuming( while loading webpages which is also basically a type of downlaod only)
and almost every website that i load, it loads by a speed above 50 kbytes ps.

even the websites which i can talking abt from where my downlaods are slow, they also load at normal speeds.

and these filehippo.com, realtek driver website downlaods, direct pdf downlaods by google are supposed to be good with downlaods, right? ( should utilize max. down speed of my cable modem )
but they DONT :(

and as browsing is okay and torrent works fine,
so there shouldnt be any lose connections, right? or not? plzz say something abt this

should i try reconnectting all my cables of my cabinet cpu and cable modems :/

i dont understand why is there a sudden type of change to other website's downlaods.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Win 8.1 Pro x64
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    INTEL
    CPU
    Motherboard
    DG41RQ
    Memory
    3072 MB DDR2
    Graphics Card(s)
    NO external graphics
    Screen Resolution
    1600x900
    Keyboard
    QWERTY iball
    Mouse
    Hp
    Internet Speed
    600 Kbitps
    Browser
    Chrome, Firefox
    Antivirus
    Avast! Free version
Again Microsoft is not messing with anything.

u sure? even if i havent purchase win 8.1 but downlaoded from utorrent.
sryy for asking again. i am jst eliminating the problem's possibilites :)

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Win 8.1 Pro x64
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    INTEL
    CPU
    Motherboard
    DG41RQ
    Memory
    3072 MB DDR2
    Graphics Card(s)
    NO external graphics
    Screen Resolution
    1600x900
    Keyboard
    QWERTY iball
    Mouse
    Hp
    Internet Speed
    600 Kbitps
    Browser
    Chrome, Firefox
    Antivirus
    Avast! Free version
and also, i'll need ur suggestion now for what should i do or try next, i am totally confused and exhausted :(

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Win 8.1 Pro x64
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    INTEL
    CPU
    Motherboard
    DG41RQ
    Memory
    3072 MB DDR2
    Graphics Card(s)
    NO external graphics
    Screen Resolution
    1600x900
    Keyboard
    QWERTY iball
    Mouse
    Hp
    Internet Speed
    600 Kbitps
    Browser
    Chrome, Firefox
    Antivirus
    Avast! Free version
hello..? broe23??
here goes an update..

my O.S is registered(torrent one). I'll try reconnectting my modem cables. Should i also try reconnecting my motherboard cable insie the cabinet of my cpu :eek: as i have changed my system from win 8 to XP and then again to windows 8 and the problem resisted so then should it imply that the problem must with my ISP or modem or its connections??
it should should imply that but then again the contradiction comes is that my torrent downlaods are the same as ever and my browsing speed is also the same, only my downlaods in browsers are affected( all kinds of browsers, idm too). This problem also started suddenly overnight. cna change in something called "ping" ( idk much abt that) may have caused it?? ** i think i may have observed a website, www.irctc.co.in , which is used herein india to book railway tickets, and therefore a very busy and slow site. But now, its even slower(maybe) But my usual sites like google,fb, rediff,etc dont seem changed that much.(although, they sometimes hang up now)
the only thing that seem to have remained 99% intact is my utorrent downmloads. That's all the info i can remem. right now, that i have collected.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Win 8.1 Pro x64
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    INTEL
    CPU
    Motherboard
    DG41RQ
    Memory
    3072 MB DDR2
    Graphics Card(s)
    NO external graphics
    Screen Resolution
    1600x900
    Keyboard
    QWERTY iball
    Mouse
    Hp
    Internet Speed
    600 Kbitps
    Browser
    Chrome, Firefox
    Antivirus
    Avast! Free version
switched off my pc...
took out my cpu...
opened my cabinet
took out ram, cleaned it
reconnected all the cables i could find, hdd cables , processor cables, disk drive, smacked and moved the usb, cable , ethernet ports , accidently took out proc. fan, to which had a hard time reinserting and also broke 2 of its 4 legs which re inserting it.
installed ram back.
fixed cabinet , which is now cleaner.

Took out modem, smacked it few times hard, dissconnected all wires, cleaned them, reconnected them, found a reset button at back.
Started PC seperately and modem seperately, ressetted it( which basically jst reconnected to the internet, which happens every time i turn it on -_-, so nothing unusualy here )

now connected both with lan cable/ ethernet cable.

BANG!!
problem fixed.... at least its working for now!!

Dont know which part did it though, smacking? LOL

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Win 8.1 Pro x64
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    INTEL
    CPU
    Motherboard
    DG41RQ
    Memory
    3072 MB DDR2
    Graphics Card(s)
    NO external graphics
    Screen Resolution
    1600x900
    Keyboard
    QWERTY iball
    Mouse
    Hp
    Internet Speed
    600 Kbitps
    Browser
    Chrome, Firefox
    Antivirus
    Avast! Free version
Its all back to rubbish. This morning everything came back to same.

Damn. Can there be any server problems with my ISP, i called them today and they said "yes, there is, since 2 days :/ "
But my problem started before that, And if the server is some issue then why is the speedtest and torrent is running positively

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Win 8.1 Pro x64
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    INTEL
    CPU
    Motherboard
    DG41RQ