Solved Asus S400CA 24GB SSD used or not? How to know

Hi guys.

Sorry to "open" this thread again! But I am having severe issues with getting this Hybrid SSD to work! Please help me! I have spent countless hours to try to figure this out, must have formated and installed Windows 5-6times!

Ok, first of all info/what I want:
  • Computer: Asus S400C (Notebooks & Ultrabooks - ASUS VivoBook S400CA)
  • I want to install Windows 7 ! (I do not like Win8, and have heard from other users that Win7 on this computer works perfectly.
  • SSD as cache disk + fast boot: On previous installs, Win7 works like a charm, BUT I cannot get the SSD to work as a cache disk!

Here is what I have done, I have followed Beblessed's Guide:

1. I Created a UEFI bootable USB drive to load Windows 7!!! with. Done with Rufus.
    1. UEFI Bootable USB Flash Drive - Create in Windows
  2. Started Windows 7 install.
  3. Then I wiped the 500GB drive of all partitions during Windows 7 install.
  4. Installed Win7 to the 500GB SATA disk!
  5. [DEL] Installed ASUS drivers with ASUS Install Tool(from c:\eSupport\eDriver\AsInsWiz.exe). I installed the following software from it's list:[/DEL] Note: The Asus install tool does not work with win7, so I manually installed the drivers needed.
    1. All drivers
    2. LifeFrame
    3. Power4Gear
    4. USB Charger Plus
    5. Splendid
    6. Win flash
    7. Smart Gesture
    8. ASUS Live Update
  6. [DEL]Run ASUS Live Update[/DEL] Note: Did not work on Win7
    1. An icon appears in the system tray on the desktop. Click it and install critical updates.
    2. re-run after reboots until all updates install.

7. [DEL]Updated Windows to 8.1[/DEL]
  8. Followed process to install ExpressCache
    1. HOWTO: Configure a large (> 32GB) SSD to work with ExpressCache
    2. In the step to setup the drive I used the whole 24GB drive. NOTE:You may want to leave some for the Intel Rapid Start as mentioned in the second post of the thread. YMMV
      1. To use the whole drive: "create partition primary" without setting "size"
    3. To install ExpressCache use C:\eSupport\eDriver\Software\Others\other\ExpressCache\Win8_64_1.0.86\Setup_x64.exe not the version from Lenovo.
    4. I followed the suggestion to preload Windows with the "eccmd -preload ." command and my development suite.
    5. rebooted for good measure

Can anyone please help me ????

Regards, Jorgen.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Win7
Back