Anyone have decent experience with OneDrive?

2r4rcrt.png
Here I'm in Bing images and I'm going to save the picture straight to the OneDrive folder on the computer.

rmjs08.jpg
Seconds later, it's in my cloud OneDrive

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro
Yeah, that's what I thought, not what I had hoped. I need an automatic "back up", something that she doesn't think about, she saves a pic to her "my pictures" and it also goes to the cloud (onedrive), sounds like she would have to point it there. Not what I want her to do. Will probably have her purchase Mozy instead.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    System Manufacturer/Model
    Dell Inspiron 660
    Graphics Card(s)
    nvidia geforce gt430
it is automatic. i'm not sure where the hangup is.

if you want to save anything to your computer, you have to point it somewhere. it doesn't just magically go from a website to your computer. you have to point to some location on your computer.

and your computer programs always remember the last file locations. so if you're saving a Word DOCX and the last time it was pointed to OneDrive (or any folder for that matter), it will still default to that location. so it's not like you have to remember folder locations.

you can buy mozy but no matter what mozy has to be installed somewhere and when you download, you still have to download somewhere.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro
I hear you, I think I have to find the time to try to get this to sink into my head, just not working. I need an easy way to explain it to her. Like when she saves a picture to ask it to save to onedrive instead of just my pictures. I can't wrap my head around this for some reason, probably the simplest thing ever and it won't sink in. I don't know what the heck is going on. I just confused myself too, for the heck of it I went into file explorer and opened my onedrive and see all my photos are in there, I've never even opened onedrive on my computer? How did they get there? Now I have to go online and see if they are there too, and if so, wonder when that happened. I think I need a glass of wine.....

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Dell Inspiron 660
    Graphics Card(s)
    nvidia geforce gt430
well, if you ever want a walkthrough, maybe we can do a teamviewer session. it's really easier to see it than to explain it.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro
Thanks a bunch, I'll pm you if so, I'm going to try to figure it out and if not we can try that. Figured out that all the pics I'm seeing on onedrive are some I loaded on to sky drive a long time ago, nothing recent but unfortunately there are MANY not in folders, and I have since then organized everything.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Dell Inspiron 660
    Graphics Card(s)
    nvidia geforce gt430
Back