Solved Activation Error 0XC0000022 (Access Denied)

I have tried the re-install twice already, hopefully the third be the good one, if not I will have to try this last option, thank you very much for your time, regards!

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8
    Computer type
    Laptop
I have tried the re-install twice already, hopefully the third be the good one, if not I will have to try this last option, thank you very much for your time, regards!

Can you post an image of the "access denied" pop-up.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro X64
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    System Manufacturer/Model
    Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. GA-B75M-D2V
    CPU
    Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3470 CPU @ 3.20GHz, 3601 Mhz, 4 Core(s)
    Motherboard
    Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. GA-B75M-D2V
    Memory
    8 GB DDR3 1600MHZ
    Graphics Card(s)
    GE Force GT 610
    Sound Card
    Onboard Realtek High Def
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Dell U2913WMP
    Screen Resolution
    2560x1080
    Hard Drives
    Western Digital WD10EZEX-00RKKA0 1TB
    Seagate ST2000DL003-9VT166 2TB
    Seagate ST31000528AS 1TB
While searching for info on the Error 5 on starting the Event Log I came across an article which suggested ensuring that "LOCAL SERVICE" and "NETWORK SERVICE" had full access to %WINDIR%\System32\WinEvt\Logs.
I did that and was able to start the event log.
I then struck me that the actions I had taken in solving an access problem after a recovery from a backup might have contributed to the activation problem.
So I took the bull by the horns and gave "LOCAL SERVICE" and "NETWORK SERVICE" full access to all of the C drive.
That did solve the activation problem.

I had just recently just solved the same issue by a similar method. In my case, I was trying to restore an activation via the method of backing up and restoring C:\Windows\System32\spp\store . After I read Scot's message, I applied the permission to just that directory and subfolders and files, and it resolved my issue.

For other cases, it might be worth testing those options on a directory in the vicinity of the above, since the spp directory seems to be quite important to the entire activation process.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8 x64
I am on the Security Tab in Properties but I can't find where to add the LOCAL and NETWORK SERVICE, sorry for my ignorance, would you be so kind to post an image? And, what happens if I add them and then perform the Windows 8 activation, so when its done I undo the changes? Thanks in advance

This document should make it clear.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/33500869/Permissions%20for%20Local%20and%20Network%20Services.docx

I can not solve a similar problem for a week.:cry:
I was not able to retrieve the message from dropbox
can describe in detail the solution to this problem?
can you post screenshots, please:eek:

My Computer

System One

• OS
    wimdows 8 sl
Back