Windows 8 and 8.1 Forums


Cannot activate with our legitimate VL Key

  1. #1


    Posts : 3
    Windows 8.1 EnterPrise x64

    Cannot activate with our legitimate VL Key


    Quote Originally Posted by Brink View Post
    For businesses who acquired Windows 8 Enterprise through Software Assurance for Windows on a volume license agreement, the option to update through the Windows Store is not available. Administrators will find the Windows 8.1 Enterprise installation media at the Volume Licensing Service Center. Windows 8.1 can be deployed to Windows 8 computers using a software distribution tool such as System Center Configuration Manager (run setup.exe /auto:upgrade).
    I upgrade from Win 8 Ent. to Win 8.1 Ent., but can not activate with our legitimate VL Key..!

    Any idea?

    TIA

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  2. #2


    Posts : 22,564
    64-bit Windows 10


    Quote Originally Posted by BigNoter View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Brink View Post
    For businesses who acquired Windows 8 Enterprise through Software Assurance for Windows on a volume license agreement, the option to update through the Windows Store is not available. Administrators will find the Windows 8.1 Enterprise installation media at the Volume Licensing Service Center. Windows 8.1 can be deployed to Windows 8 computers using a software distribution tool such as System Center Configuration Manager (run setup.exe /auto:upgrade).
    I upgrade from Win 8 Ent. to Win 8.1 Ent., but can not activate with our legitimate VL Key..!

    Any idea?

    TIA

    Hello BigNoter, and welcome to Eight Forums.

    You might see if you may be able to change the product key number to activate or activate by phone instead.

    Hope this helps,
    Shawn
    Last edited by Brink; 19 Oct 2013 at 15:26. Reason: added quote
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  3. #3


    Posts : 3
    Windows 8.1 EnterPrise x64


    Quote Originally Posted by Brink View Post
    Hello BigNoter, and welcome to Eight Forums.

    You might see if you may be able to change the product key number to activate or activate by phone instead.

    Hope this helps,
    Shawn
    Thanx for the quick reply.

    that what I get when changing the key
    Click image for larger version

    that what I get when activate by phone
    Click image for larger version

    BTW, Win 8 Ent. was active before the upgrade!

    TIA
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  4. #4


    Posts : 22,564
    64-bit Windows 10


    I moved our posts here to the activation forum area so that you may get better support.

    What method did you use to upgrade?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  5. #5


    Posts : 3
    Windows 8.1 EnterPrise x64


    Quote Originally Posted by Brink View Post
    I moved our posts here to the activation forum area so that you may get better support.

    What method did you use to upgrade?
    From "SW_DVD5_SA_Win_Ent_8.1_64BIT_English_MLF_X18-96759.ISO", mount and run setup.exe

    Can you please add "Can" to the beginning of the post title.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  6. #6


    Posts : 22,564
    64-bit Windows 10


    I don't have much experience with volume licenses like this, but you might see if you may be able to get a 8.1 Enterprise product key from the Volume Licensing Service Center (VLSC) to use to activate with instead.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

Cannot activate with our legitimate VL Key
Related Threads
Hello! Long-time lurker, now member for a specific question. The members on this site have helped me tremendously on several different occasions with their tech expertise. Thank You. Anyways, this question may seem paranoid, almost laughable so brace yourself.. My machine was running...
window 8 pro is not activate in Windows Updates & Activation
I buy a new laptop dell inspiron N3521, in which window 8 is pre-installed. but after some days due to tech issues window 8 is deactivate automatically. however seller provide a genuine product key of window 8 pro, when I entered it is activated for some time. but when I restart the laptop then...
Solved How to Activate a Second Win 8 Installation in Windows Updates & Activation
I did a clean installation with a Win 8 Upgrade license on a VM per the tutorial. After I activated it, I realized that the virtual HD was too small. So, I deleted the Win 8 VM and created a second VM with a larger virtual HD. I did a second installation per the tutorial. Everything went OK except...
Re-activate Win 8 in Windows Updates & Activation
Hi. I had a copy of windows 8 on one of my pc's. I bought it some time ago digitally when there was an offer to get it as an upgrade for a lower price (i think it was 40$). Anyway, the pc is died on me and i bought a new hard drive, now, i tried to download the Win 8 assistant in hopes it will...
Solved 8 Won't Activate in Windows Updates & Activation
Hi I recently purchased Windows 8 (12/12/2012), I d/l'ed it and made an ISO and DVD, I installed it onto an SSD and kept my HDD as a back up and storage device. Today my second SSD arrived and I installed it as a RAID 0 with my other SSD, all went well until I started having windows update...
activate wi fi in Network & Sharing
how i can activate wi fi on laptop since the wi fi button broken? help please....
Solved Can't Activate 64 bit in Windows Updates & Activation
"Windows can't activate right now Try activating later." Been getting this for hours. Is there any way other than contacting Microsoft Customer service & Support?
Eight Forums Android App Eight Forums IOS App Follow us on Facebook