Windows 8 and 8.1 Forums


Make Way for Windows 8

  1. #11


    DeLand, FL
    Posts : 380
    Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit


    Quote Originally Posted by A Guy View Post
    My job takes up tons of my time. I just do not have time to play. Also my 7 PC is used for work purposes, and I don't want to play with it. I used XP for 7 years before switching to 7. I will be using 7 a long time unless (9?) has some very compelling features to make me switch. Also, I'm not as skilled with windows as all you smart people A Guy
    OK ... I couldn't let this go. You don't have time to play, but since June of 2010 you've had time to post nearly 9000 times. Howz that work?

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  2. #12


    Bay Area
    Posts : 21,841
    Windows 7 Home Premium x64


    Posting in word games takes no effort, nor skill. A Guy
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  3. #13


    Tropical Island Pair a Dice
    Posts : 3,030
    Windows 8.1 Pro x64/ Windows 7 Ult x64


    No problem with Win8, we like having you around
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  4. #14


    Quote Originally Posted by A Guy View Post
    Posting in word games takes no effort, nor skill. A Guy
    Sounds like you started a real gem of a thread here. We're discussing two topics now. The article and you.

    I think he's a real trouble maker, fellow forumeers! He hides behind that cute dog mask causing trouble by posting conflicting articles that stir everyone up. He admitted to be a "disturbor" in his OP. There's been recent times I wanted to report this "Guy", but didn't have the heart to. You had better watch your step, though, Mister "A Guy", for I'll report you the next time.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  5. #15


    Ohio
    Posts : 473
    Windows 8 Pro


    Quote Originally Posted by Dave76 View Post
    Some people never got over the internal combustion engine
    I still like the old Model A Ford--don't know why they had to change it.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  6. #16


    Bay Area
    Posts : 21,841
    Windows 7 Home Premium x64


    Quote Originally Posted by Dave76 View Post
    No problem with Win8, we like having you around
    Thanks Dave, that's why I'm here


    Quote Originally Posted by HippsieGypsie View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by A Guy View Post
    Posting in word games takes no effort, nor skill. A Guy
    Sounds like you started a real gem of a thread here. We're discussing two topics now. The article and you.

    I think he's a real trouble maker, fellow forumeers! He hides behind that cute dog mask causing trouble by posting conflicting articles that stir everyone up. He admitted to be a "disturbor" in his OP. There's been recent times I wanted to report this "Guy", but didn't have the heart to. You had better watch your step, though, Mister "A Guy", for I'll report you the next time.
    Why Tony, whatever do you mean? Click image for larger version

    A Guy
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  7. #17


    LOL! Is that your Halloween costume, Bill? You made the poor dog model it for you?!!
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  8. #18


    Bay Area
    Posts : 21,841
    Windows 7 Home Premium x64


    You mean my dog costume?

    A Guy
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  9. #19


    LOL! That I gotta see! I pictured you as a tall Guy with shorter ears!
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  10. #20


    Hafnarfjörður IS
    Posts : 4,376
    Linux Centos 7, W8.1, W7, W2K3 Server W10


    Quote Originally Posted by Frank1 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave76 View Post
    Some people never got over the internal combustion engine
    I still like the old Model A Ford--don't know why they had to change it.
    Horses and Steam trains still exist -- and people STILL love riding on these "vehicles" even though they could be considered "redundant".

    Cheers
    jimbo
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Make Way for Windows 8
Related Threads
Will Windows 10 make it in Windows 8 News
Windows 10: Can Microsoft get it right this time? | ZDNet
I installed some software and didn't make it, 'admin', so now every time I start it, it asks for permission to allow it to modify W8.1 My question; Is there a way to change it now, after it's already installed?
Hi there. I know Ms employees read these Forums from time to time so what seems to me a sensible suggestion: If Ms is looking for a bit of extra revenue why not make Windows to Go as a chargeable feature in W8 Pro. I know many external free lance consultants who would find this feature...
Hello, i want to make my laptop (hp pavilion g6 win8 64-bit) exactly like my pc. I mean to have every option the same and everything in the registry to be the same. Is there a way i can do this automatically? because its waste of time to do everything manually. Thank You for reading and...
Previously when I was using Windows 7, the system restore points were created automatically whenever I installed a new SW or made other similar system change. But it seems not the case in Win 8 any more. I am a SW developer. Although I normally test our SW on virtual machines, but some other...
Read more at: Which Windows will make for a better tablet? | ZDNet
The First Taste of Windows 8 in Early January 2011 - Softpedia
Eight Forums Android App Eight Forums IOS App Follow us on Facebook