Windows 8 and 8.1 Forums


Microsoft Office 2013 Customer Preview Released

  1. #41


    Quote Originally Posted by Cly View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by z3r010 View Post
    Jimbo can you not just download the direct file links from the first post?

    Honestly I think office 2013 is really crap, but then I think that of Windows 8 which you quite like; so it may be work persevering with the office messing as you might really like it.
    May I ask, and ask this in the friendliest way possible, how and why you are an administrator on a Win 8 forum and you think Win 8 is crap?
    LOL. Good question. Perhaps it would be more appropriate if he didn't emphasise his dislike so frequently. But, as the pioneer/starter of the site, perhaps it remains his privilege. I am knowledgeable in a couple of fields, unrelated to computers, one of which I dislike intensely. I am still able to convey expert help in that area. I am 100% certain that Z3r010 is in that category.
    Could be worst though. I asked a similar question of a senior moderator on another Windows 8 forum, where the guy actually stated that he did not run Windows 8. He had just given some really bad advice which I criticised. I was threatened, by PM, with dismissal for daring to criticise a moderator!!!!!!

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  2. #42


    BELGIUM
    Posts : 503
    WINDOWS 8.1 x64


    Quote Originally Posted by jeffrys View Post
    And Brink, can one do an upgrade from Office 2010, or uninstall, install and make the necessary changes manually?

    And if it compatible with Office 2010 and Office 2003

    thanks

    Jeff
    I ask here again, please Brink help me out here. I know some installed Office 2013 without having problems, but I would like to upgrade, to not reinstall everything again, like user accounts, etc. Also for it must be compatible with Office 2003/2007

    Thanks

    Jeff
    Last edited by jeffrys; 19 Jul 2012 at 08:27.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  3. #43


    Quote Originally Posted by davehc View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cly View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by z3r010 View Post
    Jimbo can you not just download the direct file links from the first post?

    Honestly I think office 2013 is really crap, but then I think that of Windows 8 which you quite like; so it may be work persevering with the office messing as you might really like it.
    May I ask, and ask this in the friendliest way possible, how and why you are an administrator on a Win 8 forum and you think Win 8 is crap?
    LOL. Good question. Perhaps it would be more appropriate if he didn't emphasise his dislike so frequently. But, as the pioneer/starter of the site, perhaps it remains his privilege. I am knowledgeable in a couple of fields, unrelated to computers, one of which I dislike intensely. I am still able to convey expert help in that area. I am 100% certain that Z3r010 is in that category.
    Could be worst though. I asked a similar question of a senior moderator on another Windows 8 forum, where the guy actually stated that he did not run Windows 8. He had just given some really bad advice which I criticised. I was threatened, by PM, with dismissal for daring to criticise a moderator!!!!!!



    I started the site back July 23 2009 which was way before we had seen it and I discovered how poor it was for somebody in a high productivity environment using 6 screens, Win8 maybe good for lappys, tablets and single screen desktops but it just isn't the enterprise OS I need.

    TBH I dont actually need to like the product, I just maintain the servers, skins, site software and keep the spammers at bay!! I stopped giving out public advice long ago as I'm too busy doing backend stuff for all our sites.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  4. #44


    Quote Originally Posted by jeffrys View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffrys View Post
    And Brink, can one do an upgrade from Office 2010, or uninstall, install and make the necessary changes manually?

    And if it compatible with Office 2010 and Office 2003

    thanks

    Jeff
    I ashhere again, please Brink help me out here. I know some installed Office 2013 without having problems, but I would like to upgrade, to not reinstall everything again, like user accounts, etc. Also for it must be compatible with Office 2003/2007

    Thanks

    Jeff
    Mine upgraded fine (and also kept the accounts info etc. after I uninstalled it and put 2010 back on)
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  5. #45


    Posts : 993
    Windows 8 pro Retail


    z3r010 what was the reason you went back to Office 2010 for? Not trying to be offensive, BUT you barely gave Office 2013 a chance at all.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  6. #46


    I have outlook open on one of my screens at all times to monitor all the mail coming to my personal and site inboxes, I just found the outlook 2013 color scheme far to flat/bland and I needed my glasses on (that I dont wear very often) to be able to tell at a glance if I had unread mail in any of my boxes.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  7. #47


    Posts : 993
    Windows 8 pro Retail


    Quote Originally Posted by z3r010 View Post
    I just found the outlook 2013 color scheme far to flat/bland and I needed my glasses on (that I dont wear very often) to be able to tell at a glance if I had unread mail in any of my boxes.
    Uhhhhhhh Why didn't you do a color change? You can setup your inbox, outbox, sent, etc. to have colors of their own. YOU can even have Outlook flash that there is new mail, as it comes in.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  8. #48


    I wasn't just the color, the entire layout was awful flat and bland, as somebody with very active inboxes those desktop notification was on of the first things to go.

    You must remember I'm in a production environment and not sat at home messing with a home PC, I'm sure win8 and office 2013 will be great for a lot of home users but it's not fit for a productive environment.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  9. #49


    Quote Originally Posted by fafhrd View Post
    gratuitous reboots - I previously installed the full 2013 Office on a VHD windows 8 and it asked not to reboot at all. and all works fine - it was the different way I installed it,since I am tight on space - i asked it to only install on first run instead of all from my computer.It's not loading any new hardware - just software why should it need to reboot or reload the registry?
    I dunno, fafhrd. I'm not that technically advanced. But at least I didn't get a BSOD.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  10. #50


    Quote Originally Posted by z3r010 View Post
    I wasn't just the color, the entire layout was awful flat and bland, as somebody with very active inboxes those desktop notification was on of the first things to go.

    You must remember I'm in a production environment and not sat at home messing with a home PC, I'm sure win8 and office 2013 will be great for a lot of home users but it's not fit for a productive environment.
    I have outlook open on one of my screens at all times to monitor all the mail coming to my personal and site inboxes, I just found the outlook 2013 color scheme far to flat/bland and I needed my glasses on (that I dont wear very often) to be able to tell at a glance if I had unread mail in any of my boxes.
    Glasses?! If I lQQked at this most of the day I'd go blind at my age.

    Attachment 7371

    Did you get that 6th monitor installed?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Microsoft Office 2013 Customer Preview Released
Related Threads
Read more at Report: Windows 8.1 Preview ISO files to be released by Microsoft - Neowin See also: https://www.eightforums.com/tutorials/27188-windows-8-1-preview-download-install.html
I've just received an email from Microsoft with a link to download Office 2013 RTM Evaluation (I'm currently evaluating The Preview). I'm downloading it now, but I'm confuse, it doesn't say if I have to uninstall the Preview first or install on top of it? Can anyone enlighten a little fellow? :)
Last summer, when office 2013 preview first came out, I opted for the binary download. I believe it was an exe file and I still have a copy of the download. But yesterday I opened up OneNote, I got prompted for an activation key. The only thing that I think might have triggered that, was that I...
8190 Download Office 2013 Customer Preview Today Office 2013 Preview Resource Kit Deployment guide for Office 2013 Preview
Well, one of my prayers has been answered. You can disable the animations and the smooth typing "feature" of the Office 2013 Preview. When you can type fast, that smooth animation appears like a delay and the cursor is unable to keep up with your typing. Very annoying. It's a registry change...
Just wondering, what is the evaluation period for Office 2013 Customer Preview? Thanks in advance :D
Read more.. Microsoft may release Office 2013 public preview today | Applications - InfoWorld
Eight Forums Android App Eight Forums IOS App Follow us on Facebook