Windows 8 and 8.1 Forums


New Windows 8.1 ISOs with November Rollup (Update 3)

  1. #1


    Posts : 22,576
    64-bit Windows 10

    New Windows 8.1 ISOs with November Rollup (Update 3)


    Microsoft has unleashed new ISOs for it's Windows 8.1 operating system for MSDN subscribers, which includes the recent November Rollup Update, also known as Update 3. Much like when Windows 8.1 Update 1 came out, the ISOs include all the latest updates which is handy for those who frequently reinstall and dislike the update process.

    Download at: MSDN Downloads

    Read more...

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  2. #2


    Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts : 6,490
    Windows 10 Education 64 Bit


    Nice, downloading now, thanks.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  3. #3


    Greece
    Posts : 341
    Win8.1 64bit, Windows 10 TP on VMWare Player


    Not for those of us with OEM installs who only just got access to an 8.1 ISO I assume?

    That's a lot of snow you're getting in Alienland, Shawn .
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  4. #4


    Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts : 6,490
    Windows 10 Education 64 Bit


    I just downloaded an 8.1 Pro ISO from here, Create installation media for Windows 8.1 - Windows Help ,and its the same size as the one I had downloaded before. Looks like that download hasn't been updated, not yet anyway.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  5. #5


    Orbiting the Moon
    Posts : 2,975
    Windows 10 x64


    Quote Originally Posted by alphanumeric View Post
    I just downloaded an 8.1 Pro ISO from here, Create installation media for Windows 8.1 - Windows Help ,and its the same size as the one I had downloaded before. Looks like that download hasn't been updated, not yet anyway.
    Interesting,
    But it's not the size I'm worried about but the file checksum. Different checksum, newer release without a doubt.
    All those updates probably replaced older files with newer ones, not necessarily increasing the size.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  6. #6


    Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts : 6,490
    Windows 10 Education 64 Bit


    Quote Originally Posted by Hopachi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by alphanumeric View Post
    I just downloaded an 8.1 Pro ISO from here, Create installation media for Windows 8.1 - Windows Help ,and its the same size as the one I had downloaded before. Looks like that download hasn't been updated, not yet anyway.
    Interesting,
    But it's not the size I'm worried about but the file checksum. Different checksum, newer release without a doubt.
    All those updates probably replaced older files with newer ones, not necessarily increasing the size.
    True, but I wouldn't expect it to be exactly the same size as the previous one I downloaded. If you want to check it further go for it.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  7. #7


    Orbiting the Moon
    Posts : 2,975
    Windows 10 x64


    Quote Originally Posted by alphanumeric View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopachi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by alphanumeric View Post
    I just downloaded an 8.1 Pro ISO from here, Create installation media for Windows 8.1 - Windows Help ,and its the same size as the one I had downloaded before. Looks like that download hasn't been updated, not yet anyway.
    Interesting,
    But it's not the size I'm worried about but the file checksum. Different checksum, newer release without a doubt.
    All those updates probably replaced older files with newer ones, not necessarily increasing the size.
    True, but I wouldn't expect it to be exactly the same size as the previous one I downloaded. If you want to check it further go for it.
    Nah, thanks.

    I'll keep the previous rollup iso for a while; my internet speed is not the fastest in case I need 3-4 GB files in a snap.
    Plus I believe you guys: latest is latest, I'll skip the check this time.

    Cheers!
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  8. #8


    I'm guessing this isn't for Volume subscribers. It'd be nice if it was. I too would like to avoid the mountains of updates.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  9. #9


    Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts : 6,490
    Windows 10 Education 64 Bit


    The link in the first post is for MSDN subscribers. Microsoft MVP's get a free subscription. There may be other ways to get the new ISO, I'm not aware of any at the moment though.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  10. #10


    Hafnarfjrur IS
    Posts : 4,376
    Linux Centos 7, W8.1, W7, W2K3 Server W10


    Hi there

    I used to get these via TechNet -- MSDN is too expensive for me -- I'll just work with the previous ISO I had from TechNet before my subscription finally expired.

    What I would like is an OFFICIAL way of storing updates offline so you could apply to say several computers with ONE download. This could be useful for families where they might have 4 or 5 computers and they don't have all the knowledge for sysprepping images etc.

    There is an unofficial offline update program around but surely Ms should do this.

    Cheers
    jimbo
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
New Windows 8.1 ISOs with November Rollup (Update 3)
Related Threads
November 2014 update rollup for Windows RT 8.1, Windows 8.1, and Windows Server 2012 R2 November 2014 update rollup for Windows RT 8.1, Windows 8.1, and Windows Server 2012 R2: https://support2.microsoft.com/kb/3000850?wa=wsignin1.0 This update rollup includes the following new features...
Source... See also: https://www.eightforums.com/tablet-touch/34733-surface-pro-3-pro-2-pro-firmware-driver-packs.html You can install Surface firmware updates through Windows Update.
Source... See also: (listed updates) https://technet.microsoft.com/library/security/ms14-nov UPDATE: November 2014 Updates - MSRC - Site Home - TechNet Blogs
More
Source: Microsoft Security Bulletin Advance Notification for November 2013
full article here Windows 8.1 'GA Rollup A' update will finalize the Windows 8.1 code, comes with fixes | WinBeta
Solved Windows 8 RTM can emulate isos in General Support
Im so surprised windows 8 could already do this, bye bye daemon tools :p..im so happy i had to post this :party:
Eight Forums Android App Eight Forums IOS App Follow us on Facebook