Windows 8 and 8.1 Forums


Optional Update KB3000850

  1. #101


    India
    Posts : 1,536
    Win 8.1 Update x64


    OK that's good
    You can try super admin, right? I don't know anything about it, just a suggestion.

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  2. #102


    Quote Originally Posted by visruth View Post
    OK that's good
    You can try super admin, right? I don't know anything about it, just a suggestion.
    Don't think it would help in this case. Just hunting for another free AV. Can't buy Kaspersky now, otherwise it would be my first choice. Bitdefender is good but options very limited. AVG I never liked and it's down on the list. Those web based snoop thru system too much and not practical for offline. So much but sooo little out there when you start searching in detail.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  3. #103


    India
    Posts : 1,536
    Win 8.1 Update x64


    I've Kaspersky, I had no problem with it till now.
    Have installed bitdefender in my sister's lap, that is very good in fact.

    Bitdefender is actually worth the try.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  4. #104


    Quote Originally Posted by visruth View Post
    I've Kaspersky, I had no problem with it till now.
    Have installed bitdefender in my sister's lap, that is very good in fact.

    Bitdefender is actually worth the try.
    I have it on W 10tp but it's too inflexible, just on/off buttons and that's it.
    P.S.
    Just checked Avast site and forum, it's abuzz with problems after KB3000850 update and not one single response from Avast team !!!
    After all problems with Win10 and now this, I'm defiantly scraping it, even if that means Bitdefender. Have been using it, recommending it and installing on many computers in the past, enough is enough, not caring about customers is first on my list of causes for not using a product, any product.
    So, it's official, I'm blacklisting Avast for good.
    Oh, another thing, Win7 seems to be affected too.
    Last edited by CountMike; 20 Nov 2014 at 06:21.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  5. #105


    India
    Posts : 1,536
    Win 8.1 Update x64


    Quote Originally Posted by CountMike View Post
    Just checked Avast site and forum, it's abuzz with problems after KB3000850 update and not one single response from Avast team !!!
    After all problems with Win10 and now this, I'm defiantly scraping it, even if that means Bitdefender. Have been using it, recommending it and installing on many computers in the past, enough is enough, not caring about customers is first on my list of causes for not using a product, any product.
    So, it's official, I'm blacklisting Avast for good.
    Oh, another thing, Win7 seems to be affected too.
    Avast has surely "gone with the 'Wind'ows update" away from its customers! May be that avast is investigating the cause of the conflicts, who knows!?

    Yeah, bitdefender is very good I think. They respond to customer queries at least by email, that's my experience with it in my sister's lap.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  6. #106


    Harrisonburg, Va.
    Posts : 10,488
    Windows 8.1.1 Pro with Media Center


    I use Avast & have not had any issues since the Updates---

    Click image for larger version
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  7. #107


    Quote Originally Posted by David Bailey View Post
    I use Avast & have not had any issues since the Updates---

    Click image for larger version
    Including KB3000850 ?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  8. #108


    Harrisonburg, Va.
    Posts : 10,488
    Windows 8.1.1 Pro with Media Center


    Quote Originally Posted by CountMike View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by David Bailey View Post
    I use Avast & have not had any issues since the Updates---

    Click image for larger version
    Including KB3000850 ?
    Yep.
    See picture---

    Click image for larger version
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  9. #109


    Posts : 3
    8.1 update 64bit


    I use Avast on my desktop and not had any problems; just on my laptop.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  10. #110


    India
    Posts : 1,536
    Win 8.1 Update x64


    Quote Originally Posted by David Bailey View Post
    I use Avast & have not had any issues since the Updates---

    Click image for larger version
    David, is the avast version and edition installed in your system - the same as in Mike's? What about Windows edition?

    Few with avast had no problems it seems from avast forums.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Optional Update KB3000850
Related Threads
I had installed the update mentioned in the title, installed fine with no problems. When I went to shutdown my laptop, the screen would go off like it normally does, but the system does not shutdown. The power light still stays on, and I see a flicker of the HDD light but they do not turn off. I...
KB3000850 Windows Update Culprit in Windows Updates & Activation
Apparently this update KB3000850 is interacting with Avast users and some not Avast users to wreck their systems. Uninstalling it is the key to getting the system back to normal and waiting till they fix the issue...dont download.
How do I determine if these "optional updates" are really necessary for my Laptop? Here in South Africa ADSL is slow, and expensive :( I have a 4Mbps connection, and I have a data cap of only 10 GB per calendar month. The never-ending MS updates depletes my data allowance, and I have always...
Solved KB2575719 Appearing as Optional Update Sept 2 in Windows Updates & Activation
This update is now appearing as optional update available on my pc's. Any problems with this? I am running scared about installing "optional" updates since the last two month's fiascos. KB2975719 is correct number - sorry for mispost originally . For now, I have just "hidden" this update -...
Windows 8.1 Optional Update in Windows Updates & Activation
Hello, I'm confused about Windows 8.1 Optional Update. There are 2 updates in optional tab. Should I update those files ? What would happen after I update ? I'm confused because those are not Important updates but Optional. Here is the screenshot. 46937 Thank You!
Will 8.1 update 1 be an optional update? in Windows Updates & Activation
I just successfully upgraded my mom's XP machine to Win 8.1 cause of Microsoft's end-of-support for the old OS. It took the best part of a day backing up her files, installing and activating and then setting up new software on the new OS. It's not something I'd want to do again in a hurry and I'm a...
KB2911106 - Optional Update? in Windows Updates & Activation
Anybody aware of this update? Why is it is listed under Optional?... 35329 Windows RT 8.1, Windows 8.1, and Windows Server 2012 R2 update rollup: January 2014 (published 14 Jan, 2014) I installed it on laptop. Hasn't blown anything up (yet) :)
Eight Forums Android App Eight Forums IOS App Follow us on Facebook